"My God, its full of stars!"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

I couldn't agree more.

When I look at these pictures, I immediately connect the similarity to atomic structures, and cellular structures within our brain. There is a lot of energy moving around out there in the universe, and we know (though little) that this energy is connected through quantum entanglement, gravity, and forces we haven't even imagined yet. It seems to me that it would only be natural for this energy to assemble itself into an inter-connected process that we can relate to as intelligence. Because that is all our brains are...interconnected cells (made up of smaller atoms) that share energy between themselves, which creates our mind.

yourmaker, I see you said basically the same thing a few posts up. I agree!
edit on 22-1-2012 by nwdogg1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by nwdogg1982

Yes indeed!! That is truly something to ponder...

plus the fact that we are all connected (every single thing in the universe) by the same elements that compose the stars...

it does make you wonder if we are all connected to a grand 'body' of some sort....

beyond mind boggling

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

Originally posted by webpirate
Scientists just last week said every single star in our solar system had at least 1 planet circling it. I assume the same is true for this system too.

Things that make you go Hmm!

Sorry to point this out I really am but every single star in our SOLAR SYSTEM??
Every single star in our solar system has several planets. I think you mean galaxy

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Awesome thread by the way. I'm a firm believer in intelligent life existing not only in and beyond the Milky Way but perhaps even within our Solar System. It's only a matter of time until that becomes fact.
edit on 22/1/2012 by TOMFROMOZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
you can't look at these pictures and not believe in God.

Especially when even scientists and physicists suggest that all that there is in the known visible universe came from a super compressed tiny spot in the vast void of nothing.

A universe from nothing... essence of creation.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

and you cant look at these pictures and believe the Jesus Story

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
another stunning image

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Our Universe has never been alone. The governments have kept earth under a big lie and in reality earth is under a spiritual quarantine. We cannot reach higher evolved worlds because we would bring death like in Avatar.
I am amazed at all the things God the creator has made.

There is evidence to support my claims on The Galactic Post.com.

Its a blog site BUT the man posting is usually possessed via manifestation by an alien from Sirius.
She is a part of the Galactic Federation. All these beings also know of jesus and god.

BUT there is a catch, they are the fallen angels and are liars. So they speak many truths but when they come later this year they will trick everyone else. Why do you think the governments are at war with them?
Because the motives they had have changed. Its not just the reptiles since there are wars in space they obviously have taken other systems by force and this is revealed on Ancient aliens.

Trust me on all this

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
We're looking for signs of life on Mars and we're hopeful. Now look at all those planets... doesn't make it very hard to believe that life is out there.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Stunning stuff!

I thought I'd highlight the zoomed area for perspective. Most of the "stars" in the background of the first picture are actually other galaxies and not stars also:

With billions of galaxies in our universe, I'd say it would be pretty silly to assume we are alone. To say that really means you completely understand the entire universe. Odds are certainly in favour that there's at least a few worlds out there like ours.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

sigh .... here we go with god again

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
This Hubble image always amazes me. In my opinion it's the most incredible photo ever taken.

Every point of light you see in this picture is a galaxy! Equally mind boggling is the fact that this is also only a tiny portion of the visible universe. The sheer scale is incomprehensible and the possibilities of what resides within this infinite space is endless.
edit on 23-1-2012 by Beast Of Gevaudan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
There is one single life.

Expressed through infinite variations.

Thank you for your spin on it.

Namaste

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Alright ladies and gents this a good thread minus all the religious/non-religious talk. I recently began watching "How the Universe Works" on netlfix. It is a Discovery channel series covering all topics of what we know and don't know about the universe. One question I had while watching the series that was subsequently answered later in the season was "How are the heavier elements like gold and silver made in the Universe?." Turns out the most violent of star deaths a Hyper-Nova produces these elements in the brief seconds of the final end of the star in a spectacular explosion. That explosion lights up the entire galaxy for years. One of the first super-nova ever witnessed by modern humans was in 1987 and so aptly named SN1987a.

SN1987a

Turns out this explosion is still being observed and still happening from our point of view check the link it is pretty cool.

Another interesting topic they were covering was dark matter. Dark matter seems to hold galaxies and space "together" from what I can tell. Without it stars would be flying all over the place and galaxies wouldn't form. Also, at the center of the galaxies is a super massive black hole that is light-years across in diameter.

One of the more interesting photos I've ever seen was a cosmic map made by researchers at the Max Planck Institute. It is a map that maps the galaxies in our universe and looks at the location and closeness I would call it of our neighboring galaxies the result is this pic

A web of the universe. Lighter parts represent accumulations of galaxies and the darker area represents areas of dark matter.

The universe is simply unfathomable and fascinating!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   

I can. All this matter and distance requires to exist is vast stretches of time, which our primate brains are not evolved to appreciate.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by spacekc929

I take no comfort in thinking that my son may be nothing more than dust.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by GabrielSevenSeals

Our Universe has never been alone. The governments have kept earth under a big lie and in reality earth is under a spiritual quarantine. We cannot reach higher evolved worlds because we would bring death like in Avatar.

We can't reach worlds because the nearest star, Proxima Centauri, would take five years to reach, travelling at the speed of light. Most of the exo planets which have been detected are hundreds if not thousands of times further away and so practically impossible to reach. The only thing we might detect are radio signals, but by the time they reach us, any civilisation which created them might have died out.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyingSpaghettiMonster

I can. All this matter and distance requires to exist is vast stretches of time, which our primate brains are not evolved to appreciate.

There will be different dimensions, we all go on

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Beast Of Gevaudan

Here is the website with all the Hubble images on one page.

Hubble Images

Take a look there are some amazing photos on this page also tons of hi-rez and background quality images available for downloads.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Especially when even scientists and physicists suggest that all that there is in the known visible universe came from a super compressed tiny spot in the vast void of nothing.

A universe from nothing... essence of creation.

Actually the Big Bang is being overtaken by numerous other theories, none of which require a big bloke with a beard. Horizon on the BBC did a programme about it recently.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join