It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As Bad as it Gets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
mostly this article Subculture of Americans prepare for civilization's colapse speaks rather harshly of people prepping for the worst case scenario. So much thought is consumed on this topic that there is little room for reality as it might seem...We know we must prepare but how far off mainstream must we go. Certainly we have to stay functional. I think it can summarized two ways.
#1)Walk softly and carry a big stick..
#2) The secret to playing chicken is knowing when to flinch
Either way something is coming down and only the prepared will SURVIVE

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
The Obama controlled media wants to paint everyone as nuts when in fact they are the psychopathic nuts themselves. Its called transference.

One doesnt need lots of guns and a fuel depot or underground city. Prepping in a responsible manner is not only an investment in your future but a hedge against disaster if done properly.

Lets say you buy wheat, and a wheat grinder. You figure out on paper how much your family consumes per year. Then decide how many years you actually have room for to store. You prep with mylar and oxygen absorbers and say you store 3 years worth.

Lets say you bought wheat at $8 a sack 4 years ago. Now its $16 a sack. You have doubled your money for the investment and work, but have also allowed for your family to be fed in a disaster. They dont have to stand in line daily to get mre meals if anything happens and can remain productive. The critical point is keeping the food safe from rodents and bugs.

This very act injects huge amounts of saved money back into the economy. If dont properly inflation can be halted and economic prosperity will blossom.

This concept is exactly what the govt should be supporting and encouraging. It takes the stress and strain off the emergency response infrastructure and frees up resources for the elderly and extreme poor. This actually keeps the population calm and ready to assist in rebuilding.

Instead misguided fools demonize preppers. They are too stupid to realize teaching this very act of food storage and preservation can turn things around from a failed economy to a positive one.

Now if the govt used their giant trucks to distribute sacks of food and preservation materials at cost to the public, only 50% would act. the rest are too lazy. But that 50% who do act can turn things around by bolstering the economy with their savings on staples. As in they have more soluble cash to spend and drive the economic machine. If this was done the public would voluntarily bolster the economy while making the country very strong and formidable in the eyes of our enemies.

But the flip side is obviously the stupid and scared who have no plan but panic and doom compensation. They dont buy responsibly and pay too much, as well as not having a positive food stock and rotation plan for the most part. Companies far and wide are prepared to take these suckers for their hard earned dollars.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowalker

Applause worthy material there.
I think you nailed it so I will just nod and say mmmmhm.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
We could take the thoughts a step farther. By allowing farmers to grow their full potential, once a nation wide food storage program is in place, the subsidy money that is currently being paid so they dont grow crops goes straight back into the treasury.

The end result is 5-10 years worth of cash not paid out to farmers so they dont grow, but a chance at a temporary expanded market they can grow and make a profit on.

This can be done with every crop across the board that yields dry goods. This portion would cause a powerful pendulum swing in the world economy and allow many starving nations access to needed food supplies as well.

I dont know. May be i'm a dreamer but i hope there are more than just me.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowalker

Does that include growing food for fuel and increasing costs for food and fuel ?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
BACK ON TRACK ::: are people nuts for planning for something that is not likely to happen Wacked?
Is not planning for a worst case scenario Irresponsible and Irrational?
The Millerites have for a century and a half been planning and waiting for their Savior to come back. The latest of sorts is Harold Camping. All of which now take PAYPAL.

Who gets to say "Told you so" Us or them?
edit on 22-1-2012 by rebellender because: added content

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
This concept is exactly what the govt should be supporting and encouraging. It takes the stress and strain off the emergency response infrastructure and frees up resources for the elderly and extreme poor. This actually keeps the population calm and ready to assist in rebuilding.

Instead misguided fools demonize preppers. They are too stupid to realize teaching this very act of food storage and preservation can turn things around from a failed economy to a positive one.

Now if the govt used their giant trucks to distribute sacks of food and preservation materials at cost to the public, only 50% would act. the rest are too lazy. But that 50% who do act can turn things around by bolstering the economy with their savings on staples. As in they have more soluble cash to spend and drive the economic machine. If this was done the public would voluntarily bolster the economy while making the country very strong and formidable in the eyes of our enemies.

The sad thing is...many think or are saying...hey, I'll let the government feed me...what do you do if the government doesn't feed those people? What will they do... to those that have, what they want...what if that is all a part of the plan?
I am just saying...
I wouldn't rule out anything...I would get what you need for you.
I would keep my mouth shut on what I do or don't have.
I would get what you can...that will store for a long time...I would have things in more than 1 location...incase you need to leave your current location.
Don't keep all your eggs in 1 basket...so to speak.

top topics

join