It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S.S Enterprise heading to strait of Hormuz.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Is this good or bad? From the piece it seems it is just more aber rattling, it seems our government won't give it up until they get the war they want. I just wish these pieces of dog excriment were the oned going over there, it is eas to risk somone elses life. What a bunch of horse chips!
natgeotv.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Captain Picard gunna stick it to some Iranians apparently.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by reddwhite
Is this good or bad? From the piece it seems it is just more aber rattling, it seems our government won't give it up until they get the war they want. I just wish these pieces of dog excriment were the oned going over there, it is eas to risk somone elses life. What a bunch of horse chips!
natgeotv.com...

It's international waters, they can sail there 24/7 and it's perfectly legal. So you think they want war by doing something that's not considered illegal to anyone? Closing the straights is ILLEGAL and Iran is the one threatening to do it.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
According to Data, I understand this is indeed true. B4 we rush into this I hope we can kirk the can down the road and avoid Shatner our pants.

Riker up the past mistakes wont shake the Bones of most, but like the battle of Troi we can prevail.

If Dogs Worf and wag their tales we can hope that the Number 1 outcome is to engage into the neutal zones and prevent the end of the federation of good willing nations.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303

natgeotv.com...

It's international waters, they can sail there 24/7 and it's perfectly legal. So you think they want war by doing something that's not considered illegal to anyone? Closing the straights is ILLEGAL and Iran is the one threatening to do it.

part of the strait are national Iranian waters - a big part
lots of trade goes through it and closing their own waters would probably reduce the trade by ~30-50%
thats enough
they have the right to do it as long as its their part only - check the sea routes there and you will see that its serious enough (and it is not against international law)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303

natgeotv.com...

You ever heard of a "spite house"? It works like this. Imagine I have a dispute with one of my neighbours, and I decide to get them back by building a house in my back yard, deliberately in a way to anger and annoy them. It's legal for me to build that house, because it is my land. But I am not building this house because I need to, I'm doing it to cause a reaction.

That is exactly what the US is doing. Iran has asked on numerous occasions for you to stop this, but you just keep doing it. You are doing it out of spite.

I hope Iran sends both of them to the bottom of the sea.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Noviz

no, captain picard respects other cultures and their right to self determination.

more like the romulans hijacked the enterprise in their quest for galactic conquest.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
USS Enterprise...slated for retirement...2013.

What ship shall the US send into the Gulf ?

Erm.. well one they are about to scrap anyway.

Call me cynical....

Bet the guys on the Prise are wishing they had Warp drive and shields right now.

Aren't politicians so predictable and stupid, what kind of message does sending your oldest ship into a potential hot zone present to everybody with eyeballs.

That's right...one they are prepared to sacrifice.

No sailing off into the sunset for the Enterprise..no...it will go in spectacular fashion as the trigger for something bigger.

Cosmic..

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
So the ship could get a false flag attack and it wouldn't be bad since the ship will go in decommission in 2013 hmmm...

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life

Call me cynical....

Bet the guys on the Prise are wishing they had Warp drive and shields right now.

Aren't politicians so predictable and stupid, what kind of message does sending your oldest ship into a potential hot zone present to everybody with eyeballs.

No sailing off into the sunset for the Enterprise..no...it will go in spectacular fashion as the trigger for something bigger.

Cosmic..

This would be my guess also. Or, maybe it really does have a "cloak"....

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluloa
According to Data, I understand this is indeed true. B4 we rush into this I hope we can kirk the can down the road and avoid Shatner our pants.

Riker up the past mistakes wont shake the Bones of most, but like the battle of Troi we can prevail.

If Dogs Worf and wag their tales we can hope that the Number 1 outcome is to engage into the neutal zones and prevent the end of the federation of good willing nations.

quoted for cleverness

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life

Call me cynical....

Cosmic..

Great way to connect the dots, I did not know the ship is soon to retire.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Prepared your will already crew mates ?
Its so much fun to die for another country that start waging a war, felt like a stromtrooper.

It gonna be so fresh and abundance that the returning plane will not prepare a route anymore to send it home, too bad, cant eat it.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The English, on the other hand, are sending their shiny new Type 45 air defence destroyer, HMS Daring.

Enterprise is still quite capable, is it not ? It's not like the Americans have hundreds of carriers from which to choose, there's only 10 or 11. I see nothing sinister in the choice of Enterprise.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Wasn't the Galactica (BSG 75) scheduled for decommissioning as well. They turned it into a giant gift shop. Then all hell broke loose. Just saying.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeBombDiggity
The English, on the other hand, are sending their shiny new Type 45 air defence destroyer, HMS Daring.

Enterprise is still quite capable, is it not ? It's not like the Americans have hundreds of carriers from which to choose, there's only 10 or 11. I see nothing sinister in the choice of Enterprise.

The US has 5 carriers does it not? And the Enterprise may be old but it can still launch Aircraft. Destroyers like HMS Daring will look after it so I see no problems at all. There is no way the US would be prepared to sacrifice 5000 Navy personelle and 60 aircraft for a false flag because thats what would happen if they let the Enterprise get sunk.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Nonsense.

The USS Enterprise is in the Atlantic off the coast of the US conducting carrier qualifications, meaning new (and old) pilots are proving they can actually plant an F/A-18 on deck without killing themselves. It is one of four carriers now underway.

The Stennis has left the Middle east and is heading for Singapore as we speak
The Vinson is in the Arabian Gulf
The Lincoln is in the Arabian Gulf
All other CVNs are in port either working on their tans or in maintenance and undeployable.

As a matter fo fact, here's the skinny on the whole carrier fleet:

US Navy Major Ship Deployments
CVN-65 Enterprise is in the Atlantic off the US Coast.
CVN-68 Nimitz is now in Bremerton, PSNS, for scheduled maintenance. Non-deployable.
CVN-69 Eisenhower is home at Norfolk.
CVN-70 Vinson is off in the Arabian Sea 5th Fleet AOR
CVN-71 Roosevelt is home at Norfolk and non-deployable, undergoing refueling.
CVN-72 Lincoln is in the Arabian Sea, 5th Fleet AOR
CVN-73 Washington is in port in Yokosuka, Japan
CVN-74 Stennis is headed for Singapore in the 7th fleet AOR.
CVN-75 Truman is home at Norfolk for maintenance & non-deployable.
CVN-76 Reagan is undergoing maintenance at Bremerton, Puget Sound Naval Shipyard, non-deployable.
CVN-77 Bush is in home port Norfolk.
CVN-78 Ford construction at Newport News. 2015, replaces Enterprise.
CVN-79 Kennedy construction at Newport News. 2018, replaces Nimitz
CVN-80 Unnamed, planned, replaces Eisenhower.
7 of 11 in port. 3 of 11 non-deployable

The above are all Carrier Strike Groups that normally travel with about 7-8 support ships including one cruiser, several destroyers, a fast attack supply ship, and a fast attack submarine. The support ships are designed to protect the carrier. A CVN is about 100,000 tons displacement and can carry approximately 85 aircraft. CVNs are nuclear powered and run 25 years between refuelings.
Explanation of Areas of Responsibility (AOR)
3rd Fleet AOR – Eastern & Northern Pacific, Alaska, Bering Sea
4th Fleet AOR – Central & South America
5th Fleet AOR - The Middle East, Arabian Gulf, East Africa
6th Fleet AOR – The Mediterranean Sea, Europe
7th Fleet AOR – Asian Pacific. Indian Ocean to International Date Line

Below are the Amphibious Ready Groups/Marine Expeditionary Units. The main ship here is a "baby" carrier that is about half the size or less of a CVN, about 40,000 tons displacement. It is designed to hold helicopters and Harrier VTOL jets. These guys can pull off a minor invasion, if necessary. They usually carry a handful of tanks. Marines, by and large, are light infantry. LHA is a “Landing Helicopter Assault.” LHD is a “Landing Helicopter Dock.”

LHA-5 Pelelieu is underway in the Pacific off the southern USA coast.
LHD-1 Wasp is home at Norfolk.
LHD-2 Essex is in home port in Sasebo, Japan.
LHD-3 Kearsarge is in the Atlantic Ocean conducting crew qualifications.
LHD-4 Boxer is in home port San Diego.
LHD-5 Bataan is in Rota, Spain for a scheduled port visit and headed home
LHD-6 Bonhomme Richard is underway in the Pacific for Friends & Family Day
LHD-7 Iwo Jima is in home port at Norfolk
LHD-8 Makin Island is in the 5th fleet AOR, reportedly near the Red Sea.
LHA-6 America, under construction, 2014. Northrop Grumann, Pascagoula.
LHA-7 unnamed, planned, 2017. Northrop Grumann, Pascagoula.
Official Status of the Navy: www.navy.mil... (This is not always accurate.)

edit on 1/22/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join