It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas slashes food aid for children of illegal immigrants

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

And are you a public servant as well?

*sigh*
No, Horus.

I am a retired professional.
Kindly stop trying to label me. I am educated and very much aware of this nation's history, and of the international politics that have wrought absolute catastrophe.

I earned a Master's degree in 2001, a Bachelor's degree in 1982 (edit; I got married in 1986) from a public university. The earlier in liberal arts, the later in social policy and welfare, and was privileged to be made aware of the ACTUAL circumstances of modern society.

I have never been a bureaucrat, nor a civil servant, although I was an employee (uncredentialed) of the local public school system for a few years before going on to earn my Master's degree.

I am a voter, and until this year have been registered as an independent. I am not affiliated with any political party, nor religious sect. I despise partisan rhetoric, and yes, I think wealth should be capped and the worker-bees should be earning a living wage, and their children receiving education, nutrition, and healthcare, EVERYWHERE.

So sue me. The only two media people I pay any attention to are Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert, because they alone are committed to exposing corruption, fraud, duplicity, and the exposure of such. I listen to National Public Radio alone on the airways.

Sadly, most Americans are all too ready to jump on someone's hating bandwagon and cheer, "Hear, hear! Burn them! Kill them! Send them home! Bomb them!" when their favorite perceived but falsely accused "enemies" are portrayed as the "problem."

My father was a small-business owner, an exceptionally talented engineer, a voting Republican, and a careful and conscientious provider. We lived in an integrated, working class neighborhood my entire life, a deliberate choice my parents made in order to prevent us being closed-minded. We were neither spoiled nor neglected. We were EDUCATED. We swam at the public pool; we wore Sears clothing; we were never members of country clubs.

I am not an investor, nor a business owner, nor in any way part of any corporation.

I am a parent, a wife, a sister, a daughter, a good neighbor, an honest person surviving on what our household has earned and (lately) the pittance we have saved. My husband has been out of work for the past nine months; we have never applied for food stamps. We have not missed one payment on our mortgage. We both drive cars that are paid for in full. We have no debt aside from that mortgage and student loans, which we are unable to pay on at this time. We do not eat out, nor buy expensive vacations, nor use credit cards for luxuries and "gift purchases"). We live within our means. No one mows our lawn or cleans our house or does our home maintenance or chores but ourselves. We don't use dry-cleaners, nor do we buy the latest fashions.

Beyond these facts, I have no reason to divulge anything more to you about myself; and the sole reason I have done so at all is to refute your pigeon-holing of me in any way you feel supports the blinded bigotry of anyone on this planet who promotes any extremist, hard-line, derogatory speech.

If you have any further questions as to my integrity or point of view, feel free to read through my posts.
Good day to you.

edit on 23-1-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
Is this some kind of liberal cognitive dissonance?

I think this issue is bigger than typical party lines.

I bet you can find people on both sides of the spectrum whoagree, and disagree .

When you write the above quote in all your replies, it takes away from your arguement, induces a possible alternative motive.

Just saying.

There is statism on both sides absolutely. They just focus on different issues.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

oh wow, where did I ask if you are educated????? Stop making me out to be some evil uncaring person. I just wanted to know whether you are in the public or private sector with this.
This is not a "hating bandwagon". How many times do I have to state my anti-statist position? Where have I said don't feed the poor starving children?

and here is the subheading of the article which shows the focus of the article

State’s policy change eliminates food stamps for many U.S. citizen children of illegal immigrants.

Read more here: www.kansascity.com...=cpy

And of course Brownback is Republican and therefore coming under fire.

as a sidenote: POTUS' grandparents and parents were also highly educated and that certainly did not make them less Marxist.

edit on 23-1-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I have no sympathy for these people. Let them go back their home countries and stop living off my dime.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Well, I have just had enough of the class warfare since POTUS was elected.

Good day to you OP

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
To quote the great Dennis Miller "I want to help the helpless not the clueless" unemployed couples who have children are the worst of the worst - it's hard enough when you can't provide for yourself but to force that on a child and expect time and time again for society to pay is sick. And that's exactly what has happened.

It's time to send a message to illegals from these countries, you made your beds - time to sleep in them. You don't like Mexico, look in the mirror Mexicans.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Growing up in rural Virginia, I saw two people; black and white.

and they were all poor or middle class, but no one knew because the cost of living is was so low a "good job" could be had in construction, welding, and other state jobs doing manual labor.

For the summer, friends of mines even worked on farms to pay for their school clothes.

Something started to change around 7th grade. The state hired "private contractors" the private contractors hired illegal immigrants. And over night there were no jobs in construction.

Recently I moved to a massive city , and feel more than ever that the actions Kansas have taken are indeed needed if we are going to progress to help anyone.

Day in and Day out, I see latino people my age (mid 20s) or younger whose parents foolishly believed that the "American Dream" only consisted of them being over here. Ignorantly , they assimilate themselves into project culture and adopt urban falsehoods and stereo types. Their parent's think a better life will be had without pushing them to further their education?

The super's little boy in my building works 2 jobs! Why is he not studying? And he can barely speak english after being BORN here. What kind of "better life" does his parents think he's going to have?

I recall in college, several of my friends were after school teachers in an organization. Many/most of the students were latino. But, when they were asked to come in to talk about their child's development , progression, or problems they never came. A lot of these children suffered from depression.

As a black person , I was/am totally digusted by the role of the "modern day" slave that the illegal latino people have taken under the guise of a "better life".

While talking to someone about this matter, I was alerted that the Latino people/ Mexican have never successfully had their own revolution.

Well if that IS true,
.....whose fault is that?

Say what you will about the urban/black well fare recipients.

What I can say is that we deffinently paid our dues to the system , for what about 400 + years (ya dig)?

The illegal immigrants need to make their OWN country better. Or at least, stop submitting to the powers that be as the new bodies on the auction block at "half price" value.
edit on 23-1-2012 by femalepharoe because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2012 by femalepharoe because: punctuation

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Thanks for your non-consescending suggestions
, but I'm "up" on my current events, and the American economy.

What you and I have, sir, is a difference of conscience. A difference of character. I don't think you can link me to anything that will change that.

Have a nice evening.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Good day to you OP

Doesn't matter if you've had enough. The middle class is ready to fight for their continued existence, and you can take that to the bank. I'm happy to have a President who acknowledges it.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
There are the free loaders who know how to take advantage of the system. There is an ILLEGAL family who lives down the road from us. While I struggle to make money for my family, they are living off the high hog. Don’t ask me how I know. I’ll just say that I have my ways. This is what they have…

1.$1100.00 in food stamps a month for 5 kids (mother pregnant again).
2.Medicaid.
3.HUD housing.
4.Pal grant checks for school loans.
5.3 different business names under their address. (All fake).
6.$40,000 Lexus.
7.$50,000 truck with $6,000 wheels and rims.

More people come in and out of their house than the local Wal-Mart. Police are there regularly for dog fights and rooster fights. All the illegal actions are blamed on the underage kids so the adults don’t receive jail time. System lenient on kids because they are minors & illegal. They only get probation. I live in Denver. A sanctuary city.

I have no remorse for these people. PLEASE get out and come in like every other foreigner trying to get in legally..! If you really care about these illegals, than move to their country and try to make the difference. AND if not, quit complaining about it...!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
On the Mexican border with Santiago and Tijuana, they have an ambulance that sits right on the border 24/7 waiting for the pregnant moms to come running across the border in labor to have their kids in America. They know once they have their anchor baby kids here in the states, they have it made. IT MAKES ME SICK!
They need to be sent back over the border with a stroller and some formula. If they refuse, catapult them back! Nough said…!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I am soooo sick and tired of working my butt off for 1/3 of my income to be taken from me to give to someone else.

I say whip out the big G.T.F.O. boot.

You come here illegally, bang like rabbits and I have to pay....

I think it should be....

If you have not payed into this wonderful system then you shouldn't get a DAM thing.

When we have a system of robbing Paul to pay Peter and the illegal has no skin in the game.....

I say put up the NO VACANCY sign and turn off the lights.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

im sorry but how is it you feel that the american government should help the mexican's in there war on drugs? how would that stop the illegal immigrants from coming here.

the war on drugs in mexico has been going on for about 10 years now and im almost positive that illegal immigrants have been coming here for a lot longer then that.

how would you suppose the US help to put a stop to the drug cartels, because im also pretty sure we have our fair share of problems in our own country with gangs and drug violence, why is it that its always the US that has to help other countries, why can't they help themselves or why can't different 1st world as you would say countries try to help out

the US is not the only superpower that is out there why can't other countries help every once and a while

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by binkbonk

yes because legalizing coc aine and herion not to mention a hell of a lot of other drugs is a great idea...are you kidding me

do you know how much more crime that would cause, how many more people who die

think before you speak

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by angeldoll

Non-condescending? You mean like rolling your eyes upward, or insinuating that I lack the good character that you have.
Well touche you're doing a great job yourself with the non-condescending remarks.
For the record you may call me Ms.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

i can honestly say that i don't agree with this statement at all. why should america be volunteering to help fight MEXICO's drug war, why should america volunteer for more of my brothers in arms to die for Mexico's war on drugs, havent enough of my brothers died in the last 10 years

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

how is that statement incorrect. my town is full of illegal immigrants from ecudor and guatamela. they don't do anything better for my town they mooch off of everything they can. they all do the same job which is roofing and because they do it so cheap because they will work for next to nothing they have actually caused a few companies to go out of business. american citizens who have families of there own are now unemployed because of the illegal immigrants who come here and steal there jobs and business.

this happened when i was in boot camp at parris island and i heard about it when i got home

www.boston.com... ertwI/index.html

illegal immigrant, no license but driving while drunk kills a man who graduated high school the year before i did. DRAGGED him screaming through the streets under his car for 1/4 mile before people where able to stop him then he tried to run from the police

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by angeldoll

Good day to you OP

Doesn't matter if you've had enough. The middle class is ready to fight for their continued existence, and you can take that to the bank. I'm happy to have a President who acknowledges it.

Sorry, the Warren BuUffets of the world are the ones saying to raise taxes on the wealthy and he knows he can hide his wealth and it's the middle class who pays. It's too bad you believed all that class warfare bull.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Tell me again why Mexico and El Salvador's problems are ours?

Seriously?
You mean to express that you see no connection between the problems of the citizens of Mexico and El Salvador in relation to why they are coming here??
If the people in those countries had supportive governments and an honest infrastructure, why on earth would they come here??

Your reasoning is severely wanting.
And you belie your signature.

They are our neighbors. It's no different than ghetto-dwellers coming to the 'burbs and robbing homes and stealing cars. So... how is the ghetto's problem that of the suburban, comfortable people who are being victimized?

Good grief. You folks are so short-sighted.
It's really sad, and a large part of the reason that so many other countries feel negative about the US citizens.
Shameful!.

If any ONE of you can tell me that your ancestors back before 1600 were BORN here (that would be the descendants of the First Tribes, who also got next to exterminated and have every reason to be very angry) and not immigrants who fled the oppression of their own homelands.....and STILL have this sense of "mine, mine, mine"....
you have been very poorly brought up and educated, and kept in complete ignorance about the history of this nation. What a crying shame.

As for Mr Syrix High Priest Floating Guy....do you not realize that the school systems have a built in "free-lunch" program?
Do you realize the hungry kids of any family who lives below a certain level receive a free lunch if hey need it, and for many of them it's the ONLY mean they will have?
You want the Hispanic kids to stand and go hungry while their equally impoverished peers are fed?

It's enough to make me throw my hands up in despair.
I'd hoped for better from ATS members. How foolish and naive of me to look for compassion among the people so happily born in the land of plenty. And you all wonder why there is so much civil unrest and trouble everywhere.

*facepalm*

you said and i qoute" you want the hispanic kids to stand and go hungry while their equally impoverished peers are fed"

no i don't want them to go hungry if they are amreican citizens.

im MA our govenor wanted to try to pass a bill that would give every illegal free healthcare, college tutition and drivers licenses. Ive lived in this country all of my 23 years while being on earth, serve in the military have two loving parents who have lived here all their lives and there parents before them. being a US citizen I GET NONE of what deval patrick wanted to try to give ILLEGAL immigrants who have no right being here

im all for immigration if it is done the CORRECT and LEGAL way

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

reply to post by Amaterasu

Cool! Sounds good to me. I think I have seen you post on this before.

Oh... Once in a great while... [wink]

I am trying to save the planet - so... One might expect Me to be prolific and fervent. If the power elite have Their way... Well, I imagine it will be ugly.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join