It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas slashes food aid for children of illegal immigrants

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Free energy would be great but I'm not so sure it can run the entire economy. If everyone has free energy no one will use it to barter with. But it sure would get rid of those horrid electric bills, then everyone would have that much more in their pockets. Plus the cost of running business would be lowered and that would reflect in the cost of everything.

How would we be able to keep it out of the grips of greedy politicians and robber barons?
edit on 23-1-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Free energy would be great but I'm not so sure it can run the entire economy. If everyone has free energy no one will use it to barter with. But it sure would get rid of those horrid electric bills, then everyone would have that much more in their pockets. Plus the cost of running business would be lowered and that would reflect in the cost of everything.

Thing is, as the cost of energy is removed down the line, eventually the cost is zero. The resources of the planet are free. It is the meaningful energy We expend to get them, process them, transport them, display them and sell them that makes them "valuable" in an energy-scarce paradigm. Add free energy and all those costs dissipate (adding robots for any necessary jobs no One wants to do, negating the requirement for Human energy).

As the free energy flows, things will get cheaper and cheaper. Eventually the effort to collect the penny for the week's groceries will be more than the penny is worth. At that point, things will be free.

Initially, though... Yes. We won't have electric bills to worry about.

How would we be able to keep it out of the grips of greedy politicians and robber barons?

It's already there. Electrogravitics - which offers both gravity control and overunity (free energy) went into black ops in the late 1950's. If You want more information on how I know it exists, how I know what it offers, how I know it went into black ops, how money/power (over Others)/energy are three forms of the same thing, like ice/water/steam, do a search for "electrogravitics Amaterasu." I would link but have My reasons not to.

edit on 1/23/2012 by Amaterasu because: typo

edit on 1/23/2012 by Amaterasu because: 'nother one

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
no human in this day of age should be going to bed hungry. id give up all my earnings if i knew it was going to a good cause. to keep people fed and clothed

Tell me, would you take that food from YOUR own children;'s mouth, or those clothes off your OWN children's back to give to kids who are not your own?

Didnt think so... in essence that is what is happening when illegals are getting benefits paid for by MY tax dollars,. Tax dollars which, had I NOT been forced to have taken from my paycheck every week , in the form of a medicare deduction (which I dont see because I WORK!) then maybe that same deduction every week could go to providing MY children with a little better food and a few more clothes.

My kids are grown now, but I remember when they were smaller, a place I worked for burned down, and for the first and only time in my life I applied for welfare. The things I saw back then with illegals, (not even as bad as it is now), made my blood boil! MY KNOWING that I had been paying for THEM , and now my so called "help" when I needed it was barely there. I got 36.00 a week in food stamps for myself and 2 kids.

I say GO KANSAS!@ Let other countries take care of their own, as WE are the ones suffering in this country now.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I find it funny that you're so bleeding heart over people who come here and cheat the system and say that they're just doing it to get a better chance for their children and need help, and then in the same OP, you turn around and bash your own countrymen who are on the same thing as lazy.

I know of several plants that have been raided down here in the South. A lot of them had 60 and 70% illegals working at them; every single one of them had a line full of people when they put out that "help wanted" sign. Don't talk to me about illegals taking jobs that no American will do. I've seen differently over and over again with my own eyes.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Under the new policy, SRS changed the way it counts household income when determining who is eligible for SNAP benefits. The formula now includes the entire income of all members of a household. Before the change, SRS counted only a portion if one or more members did not provide proof of legal U.S. residency.

SRS officials say the policy change, which is allowed under federal guidelines, is fair. The old formula gave households with illegal immigrants more benefits than some households with all U.S. citizens, said Angela de Rocha, SRS director of communications.

“Now, all households’ incomes are treated equally,” de Rocha said. “Prior to the policy change … U.S. citizens were being discriminated against.”

Is there anything unfair about this? I think not.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

But we're not talking about 200 years ago when immigration was wide open and just about anybody with a pulse who walked off those boats was given a citizenship. We're talking about now. Times have changed.

If a person in the U.S. is born overseas and has two American parents, we count that kid as an American. I just think that if a kid is born here of two people who have been citizens of Mexico or something all their lives, then the same thing should apply.

And just so nobody has a go, my ancestry as far back as I can trace it is thus:

Most ancestors were here before the Republic was even formed, many of my family members fought in the Revolution, and my ancestors were grandfathered in.
My ancestry is Irish and Cherokee.
The Cherokee have been here for thousands of years and I have Cherokee blood in me from both sides, and the Irish that were brought over here that far back were brought as high-class slaves.

My ancestors either had their lands conquered or were forced here against their will. But, regardless, I have Cherokee in me from both sides, thus I have a point at which I can say that both my parents actually do have a right to citizenship from the ancestors that were natives.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

My ancestors either had their lands conquered or were forced here against their will. But, regardless, I have Cherokee in me from both sides, thus I have a point at which I can say that both my parents actually do have a right to citizenship from the ancestors that were natives.

AIR,
thanks for contributing.

I did not say I had an answer, nor that it is the fault of American people. I have stated over and over that it is the corruption of governments who care nothing for the future generations that are the problem.

As for your heritage, you have more claim than I do; my ancestry goes back to the British Isles; on my maternal side an ancestor was a member of the fleets of ships which made several trips in the wake of Wm Penn himself. Other ancestors were Scots and Irish, forced off of their lands by the oppression of those same British. On my paternal side, Baltic/Germanic peoples, who also fled their homelands in desperation.

You may call me a "bleeding heart" and "shush" me, but I am only trying to bring light to the dire straits in which millions (if not billions) of people on this planet are suffering every day.

I am aware there are unscrupulous persons of every nation and ethnicity. The laws need to be changed to disallow babies of foreign nationals automatic citizenship if the US wants to discourage "illegal" immigration; and close the loopholes that they are very much aware of (i.e. benefits for those children, guaranteed medical treatment in childbirth...future citizenship as adults for those children who will likely become leaders either here or in their native "homeland.")

I find it incomprehensible that people cannot see that the roots of the problem need to be fixed, rather than hating the people who are all cogs in the wheel that is grinding us to a pulp as a race.

The indigenous peoples of Central and South America were here when your Cherokee ancestors were here; that is a historical fact.

Why am I being beat about the head and shoulders for pointing that out? Being called rude and meanspirited, when I am only asking for contributions to solve the problems -- both here and abroad -- and bringing to light the flipside of the suffering -- is unnecessary and avoiding the issue.

We are all in this together, folks. Our children are counting on us to change the trajectory of suffering, deprivation, and exploitation that is rampant. Personally, I am against a "global economy". I think the best answer would be to dissemble the enormous "nations" and "politics" altogether...

my utopia would be a return to small self-sustaining communities, where everyone contributes to the best of their skills and abilities, and everyone is looked after, like a nurturing, loving family looks after their own. If someone breaks their leg, the rest pull up the slack until that person is restored.

But perhaps it is hopelessly idealistic...go ahead and hate and ridicule me; and I beg your pardon for wanting an end to suffering and retaliation and exclusion and genuine world peace; just don't expect to change my mind.

Carry on then, friends...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

A lot of them had 60 and 70% illegals working at them; every single one of them had a line full of people when they put out that "help wanted" sign. Don't talk to me about illegals taking jobs that no American will do. I've seen differently over and over again with my own eyes.

And when that is the case, who is it to blame?
The factory owners who prefer to increase their profit margins, knowing they will get away with it.

I don't own a factory, nor do I run a country. I simply feel that putting the responsibility and accountability where it belongs is preferable to blaming the exploited, whether US or foreign nationals.

It is the leadership to blame, not me. Not you. Not the starving people around the world.

It is the almighty quest for wealth that has led our world to the brink of disaster.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I agree with you.

And to the rest of those people who disagree:

Anyone who thinks it is all right keeping food from KIDS simply because they are "illegal" (which is generally not their fault), or because their parents are *illegal* has some serious issues regarding both humanity and priorities.

I understand the fierce debate about the drain of resources and finances due to illegal immigrants (which is only half grounded in truth), but to deny the children the right to basis needs because of the parents is appalling, and anyone who supports such a thing is appalling and inhumane.

And before some of you say, "Well, the parents *know* that if they bring them here they get free X-Y-Z and this will deter them," i say this: Are you really going to use CHILDREN as the tool and the toy by which to accomplish your goal or make your point? That's disgusting. Children are not a rope in tug of war, and you should not hold children over the fire to get a point across or to make the parents do or not do something.

Anyone who wants to put children's health at risk simply for a bunch of BS is petty, inhumane, disgusting, blindsided, and doesn't deserve an ounce of respect.
edit on 23-1-2012 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

f you want illegal mexican immigrants to stop jumping borders to the U.S., you make mexico safe for their people and help them build their economy to maximize their potential.

lonewolf, you amaze me.

Where you and I differ on things "religious", I could not agree with your pov on this matter more.
You are absolutely, spot-on, no argument at all, CORRECT.

Thank you for giving me (us) that glimpse of yourself that is missing from some of your other areas of interest.

My beliefs are my beliefs and this is just an extension of those beliefs. I cannot turn my back when someone needs help, i am a Samaritan. I may not agree with their ways or the things they do but it doesn't mean i cannot set aside my differences to help a stranger when they need it most.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
In November , here in Arizona they stopped allowing ANY new applicants for food stamps and Medical.
If you were not already getting it, they are taking no one new AT ALL. I know people in my area that are ILLEGAL but have legal kids, and they are getting 8k tax returns for their kids, they are getting food stamps, ( applied before the ban) and work under the table. This is not exaggerated. In fact I was very upset about this yesterday.

My husband supports my family as I am too sick. We get NO tax return at all. We get no assistance. Our health care cost a LOT. We do not have money to go out to eat EVER, I mean not even once a year. My internet is my only entertainment. I need new furniture, I need a new AC unit. .... We just get by...

NOw, across the street there is a couple , the woman is illegal, and lives with her husband, who is also from mexcico. They have kids. They are bragging how they are getting 8000 tax return , with no income, and the tax credit for the kids. The husband works , under the table. They drive a new car. Last year at tax time they bought a big screen tv, two laptops, and 2 iphones. Last year at tax time I had to pay the state.

We figured out, i know what he makes an hour. He gets paid 9 an hour under the table. My husband made
38k last year. Take out the medical and our taxes. and he made 30k.. Now, the guy who made 9 an hour, has state medical, gets oney back for his kids, it all he makes 30k. HIs includes free food. We spend 600 a month on food. We now make a lot less than him. This is a true story.

They were just telling everyone this year how they are taking the 8 k and getting a new car. Must be nice.
This is common in this area of AZ. Welfare people in this neighborhood are high and do better than we do.
I asked my husband, Are we the stupid ones for working and trying to do things rite?
His answer, was " I would rather work, and have my freedom to choose, than rely on the government and have no choice. " ... If you rely on the government for everything , you will vote accordingly.

He is rite,...and it is why we have people like Obama in office....

Well at least we have not sold our soul for a few k a year, and we do not steal from other working people,. to get our food.

On another note, my neighbors next door who are mentally challenged got all their benefits taken away, and we have all been helping them out to keep them fed. These people really CAN NOT take care of themselves and get a job, yet they are taken away. Meanwhile, the illegals across the street stacking up on free food. What is wrong with this picture? Makes me want to do a documentary in my own neighborhood because these are true stories!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Why would Mexico be different?... Take the money and run.

It'd this type of mindframe that is the problem. People care only about their own personal needs and selfishness over others. Greed and avarice have become a staple of the world economy and the world in general. When you can look upon a people that are suffering and not have your heart moved in a profound way then you have just about lost whatever soul you possessed.

The most cost efficient method of restoring Mexico and making it a place where their people want to live is to take down the drug cartels first, then reboot their government and it's constutition and fire corrupt law enforcement officials. It wouldn't take alot of work or as much time and money as afghanistan is because mexican citizens hunger to live in peace and safety and have some sort of quality of life and they would willingly point out and snitch on the criminal element.

This is the only other alternative aside from annexing Mexico and making it a part of the U.S., which I am not against doing. If americans want to be comptetitve for jobs then americans need to go back to learning how to be farmers again and getting hired to do menial tasks like picking vegetables all day in the heat, not everyone is meant to be a computer genius, or an engineer or a banker and corporate exec. Alot of farmers want to hire illegal immigrants and they aid in trafficking them to the U.S. because they can get away with paying them less than minimum wage.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

They were just telling everyone this year how they are taking the 8 k and getting a new car. Must be nice.
This is common in this area of AZ. Welfare people in this neighborhood are high and do better than we do.
I asked my husband, Are we the stupid ones for working and trying to do things rite?
His answer, was " I would rather work, and have my freedom to choose, than rely on the government and have no choice. " ... If you rely on the government for everything , you will vote accordingly.

You say they are "high"....are they drug traffickers? Have you alerted the authorities to the extravagance of their lifestyle which is clearly beyond their means?

I am truly discouraged to hear of the plight of yourselves and your challenged neighbors. If your other neighbors are becoming wealthy they must be doing something "off the books" that is subsidizing their means.

It is, unfortunately, true that the US and Mexican governments collude to encourage immigration, because the employers can earn a bigger profit. It is a fact that the employers who hire those workers know full well that their 'infractions' will be overlooked by those in authority, who are also those getting enormous dividends off of the 'profits' turned by these unscrupulous employers.

Here is an article regarding the actual goings-on that so many Americans remain oblivious to:
Illegal Immigration Explained - Profits & Poverty, Social Security & Starvation... Why the Federal Government Can't End Illegal Immigration

Willing to work at the most dangerous jobs, an immigrant a day will also die in the work place, even while for others the work place has become safer over the last decade."

And undocumented workers, grateful for any job, will work for lower wages and minimal or no benefits, therefore enabling employers to make higher business profits. Cheaper labor costs and lesser working conditions equal greater profits for business owners.

In a January 2005 World Net Daily article, a report by investment firm Bear Stearns was cited that clearly illustrates that millions of US jobs have shifted from the legal workforce "as employers have systematically replaced American workers with lower wage illegal aliens."

For illegal immigrants, it's about finding any work to feed, clothe and shelter their families. For employers, it's about profits.

With an economic gun at their backs, they leave their homes because hunger and poverty pushes them across the border....Every day, immigrants dehydrate in deserts, drown in canals, freeze in mountains and suffocate in tractor trailers. As a result, the death toll has increased 1,000 percent in some places."

And there's one more reason why would the US government would look the other way, thus allowing US employers to replace American workers with undocumented workers from other countries. A huge, seemingly insurmountable reason. A $7 billion a year problem: Social Security.

Part 4 - Undocumented Workers Give $7 Billion Annually to Social Security
According to a New York Times article on April 5, 2005, "...the estimated seven million or so illegal immigrant workers in the United States are now providing the system with a subsidy of as much as $7 billion a year....Moreover, the money paid by illegal immigrants and their employers is factored into all the Social Security Administration's projections."

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

LOL, I mean high as in numbers

Though there is a lot of that around here too!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Sorry, but that money needs to go to Legal Citizens Families and Children.

America needs to stop being the Sugar Daddy for illegals.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Cool! Sounds good to me. I think I have seen you post on this before.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Correct. By disallowing the Mexican government and the US government to continue to protect the status quo. The US needs to stop pampering the powerful (read: rich) exploiters on all fronts...and work on building sustainable communities, and encouraging other countries to do so as well.

The US needs desperately to get its own ducks in a row. If that entails working with the neighbors to curtail the exploitation, then so be it.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I have also worked for social services and I think your rose colored glasses are an inch thick.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

The problem is that somewhere along the way, a precedent was set that allowed children of illegals born here to become citizens. The law really needs to be clarified but it is complicated by the fact that the parents intend to live permanently in the States, as that is also a stipulation for citizenship. Still, if an ambassador to another country(let's just say France for instance, and I'm using this because Angelina Jolie gave birth in France) has a pregnant wife who gives birth while they are in that foreign country, the child is still an American citizen because both of his parents are and they intend to be permanently citizens. Since that is the case, it should also go the other way, that pregnant women who come here illegally are still foreign Nationals and therefore their children are citizens of that foreign country because the parents are not citizens. If an illegal has children by a parent who is a citizen that further complicates things. It probably goes back to the 1800's too when a lot of people immigrated to the States to flee persecution or whatever.
This incidentally is the same issue as brought up by the OBama birth certificate, that Obama had only one parent who was a citizen. Supporters say that because his mother was a citizen that makes him one regardless of where he was born, but to be POTUS He must have both parents citizen. Also his father was a British citizen by the British Nationality Act, and so his father's nationality carries weight.
But back to the illegals, when someone comes here legally they must have an American sponsor who guarantees that the person will have some kind of economic stability. It should be fairly obvious why, so that many millions of people don't come and become wards of the state, but it is happening anyway.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Correct. By disallowing the Mexican government and the US government to continue to protect the status quo. The US needs to stop pampering the powerful (read: rich) exploiters on all fronts...and work on building sustainable communities, and encouraging other countries to do so as well.

The US needs desperately to get its own ducks in a row. If that entails working with the neighbors to curtail the exploitation, then so be it.

Apparently you missed my post on NAFTA and how it affects Mexico. NAFTA was meant as a lever to help Mexico and other countries increase trade and get with the program. But to do so, Mexico keeps wages down to compete with other countries.
So your answer to working with other countries is to give their Nationals a safe haven in the States. But if we did that for everybody, as we practically do, all of the world's 7 billion people cannot live here. So reasonable quotas were set back in the 1920's.
The line has to be drawn somewhere, and somewhere along the line, other countries have to become responsible to its citizens.
Communism was a major reason for people to flee their homelands, or in the case of many Jewish people, the holocaust in Germany. In Ireland it was the potato famine among other things.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join