It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buck Rogers: New Chicago.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Can any Buck Rogers in the 25th century fans [there must be thousands of you!] tell me if the actual city of New Chicago was protected by a force field?

I know that Earth had a force field and windows in and out; also a retractor. But I was never sure if the city also had one. E.g. if they didn’t, the mutants from the obliterated Chicago could attack at anytime.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mandroids

They had something to protect the city,
but I forget what its called now...I may have to go and watch the dvd's to find out.

I do remember that when Buck had to go see a former Draconian engineer he was hiding out in the outskirts of new chicago. they had to use tanks(?) to get to him and they didnt mention anything about a force field. But since the Directorate was well armed they were able to keep the mutants out of the city.
edit on 1/22/2012 by rangersdad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Thank you for the reply.

I have just watched the movie and there was mention of heat coming from the city,but I am sure they also mention regulating the temp. if you find out if there is a shield, please let me know.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mandroids

The computer council regulates everything, including the weather, temp, even sunsets (as to what colors you see). Buck complained about the artificalness (is that a word??) of this earth. Because it was near his b-day and it was in January...no snow on the ground, no rain, just perfect computer controlled weather.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I recall that episode. he was looking at a painting. thank you for that. It will bother me now until i find out!!!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Used to really love that show (and Wilma, hehe...)

And yes, Buck is still an idiot for not accepting Ardalla's advances and becoming a prince of the Universe, but oh well. I mean, Wilma's hot and all, but dude, think of the power!

This show is ripe for a remake, ala Battlestar Galactica, but please don't use the same names and change their sexes, or have a ridiculous plot line.... (i.e. like the ship swarming with Cylons....the whole reason (in the old show) that the Galactica was able to thwart the Cylons was that they never knew where they were....with Cylons on the ship, kind of defeats the purpose, ok?)...

top topics

join