It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Paterno & Jerry Sandusky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
ATS motto:deny ignorance!

Fact: Jerry Sandusky was arrested for crimes.

Fact: Joe Paterno was NOT arrested for any involvement in Sandusky's alleged crimes.

Please, if you don't know the facts, don't be posting about things you know nothing about like they are the truth. A dead mans reputation is at stake here; a man who accomplished and did a lot for a community and a college. He and his family deserve respect and appreciation from the public, not false accusations and jokes as I have seen some post.

If anyone bothered to spend a little time investigating they would have found that Joe Paterno did what be was supposed to do in the Sandusky incident. He sent the problem up the line in the chain of command. Let's not start falsely making people guilty of crimes by association.

Please make an effort to do your part to make this a high quality enjoyable
Website where the truth is searched after and treasured, not a place where any sort of trash is posted. That is not what made ATS as popular as it has become.

Here is a link to the first interview Joe Paterno did regarding the Sandusky incident.

Joe Paterno interview

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Paterno knew about it ALL of it.

he might as well of had been
molesting the boys himself.

I don't feel bad for paterno sanddoosky
or any of them and shame on that whole
orginization.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

If you have proof of this I hope you have brought it to the police.

Also,please elaborate on the facts you have to back up your claim.

If you have no facts then you are playing judge and juror and may be subject to a lawsuit by JP
s family for defamation and libel.
edit on 22-1-2012 by Perplexedandconfused because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Perplexedandconfused

The burning at the stake of Joe Paterno appears to be almost wholly media-motivated. Here there was this elder statesman of college football who had someone on his staff that crossed the line in conduct. Every bit of evidence so far seemed to say that Papa Joe followed the rules and reported the incidents, as he was aware of them, to the proper offices.

Beyond that, there is just endless media contributions to assumption & innuendo. And this is what we should expect today of both our sports and general information gathering services. The higher the flames the better they like it. Stir public passion by feeding whatever is needed into that flame to keep it going.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Let me tell you all a little bit about honor and integrity.

You do not make the accomplishments you do in life by being dishonorable or lacking integrity.

You conquer your dreams and you do so by being of good moral integrity, being of good character, and working hard to accomplish the good things that Joe Paterno has accomplished.

I dont know what all of hate is regarding Joe Paterno. I myself have NEVER been a fan of Joe Paterno, but I met Joe Paterno, and I am from Western Pennsylvania, and I know a little bit about the man.

You do not go through your entire life having an immaculate reputation, then all of a sudden be accused of something you did not do. A person of poor moral character and judgement does not just happen, it is an accumulation of MANY life events and achievements. In this case, Joe Paterno did just that -- he built an immaculate reputation.

All of a sudden, he is wrapped up in this damn scandal, which he did NOTHING to create it. He did what he was expected to do when he heard of it, and it is NOT his responsibility to arrest and prosecute Sandusky. That is what the law and court system is for.

If Joe Paterno was a bad man, you would have seen glimpses of it all of his career. There is not one SHRED of evidence that shows that he was anything BUT a man of character.

I had breakfast with Joe Paterno in 1982. He is everything that his reputation today dictates he was. He was a man of character, a man to look up to. It is a crying shame that the University SH*T all over him like this, and that he has to die with that god damned black mark on his reputation for something he did not do.

Joe Paterno has guided THOUSANDS of men into good lives..THOUSANDS! And of those THOUSANDS of men he has mentored and coached over the years, you will not find a single man who will say that Joe was anything but a leader.

I challenge ANY MAN who has been coached by Joe Paterno, or who knew him, to come forward and tell me that he was anything less than what I describe!

Shame on those who sully his life and his achievements. This was a GOOD MAN!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Maybe Joe was a good man. He soiled his reputation and lost his moral compass when he failed to follow up after the incident. These charges would be something that Paterno would have followed since he was involved in the cover up....Sandusky gracefully resign and Joe didn't know why? BS!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Perplexedandconfused

Fact: joe pa admitted he should of done more.
Fact: joe pa was a very smart coach, but a teacher first, he like all educators are taught to protect children first and foremost, nothing even comes close too second. He failed to follow what should of been a no brainer, call the police. If someone needs protocol to follow before they know what actions to take in a deviant case like this, then they are not worthy of protecting a plant, let alone children. CALL THE POLICE. NO QUESTIONS ASKED. ERROR ON THE SIDE OF CHILDREN
Fact: sandusky was seen on the campus just days before arrest, joe pa had to of known. He was PEnn football.
My opinion: joe pa's rep is for ever tainted. He got what was coming. He chose his legacy over what should of been an easy phone call. That monster had a boys charity where he had unlimited and unfettered access.
Oh ya "allegedly". What a joke.

top topics

join