It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we going to keep trashing our planet or are we going to wake up, unite and clean up our room?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

I'm afraid you are right unless we unite and change things. We can do it together, it just takes enough of us to get encouraged enough to get out there and together DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just sitting back and saying well so be it is the easy way out in my opinion.

Just picking up a little trash here, a little trash there, trying to go more green, yes if enough of us simply tried we could do it.

I want to believe that people are good, most people will do what is right.

All we have to do is come up with a viable plan.

Please help.

Any additional ideas are welcomed!

Plant a tree this spring.............donate some to your village or city. You will be doing something good and looking good, your Village President/mayor will notice your name and boy, I don't know about the rest of you but I need to see trees and grass..................something about seeing trees, grass, water, flowers, just makes me happier.

We could have a paradise on Earth if we simply worked together.

Ya think?

It doesn't have to end in dark gloomy skies with nothing but cement block buildings..........we could change things TOGETHER.

Lastly, why are most people deep down unhappy?

Why are so many of us on "mood elevating" drugs?

Because we have gotten out of touch with nature, we have deserted in spirit our Mother Earth.

Walk through a forest, touch a tree, feel the grass under your bare feet or the ocean waves lapping at your ankles.

We live on such a beautiful beautiful planet.

If just 1/4 th of us did a little cleaning up, imagine the difference.
edit on 23-1-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Hithe Merinos

APPLAUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boy if this puny little country can do this kind of thing why can't we????

I hope everyone sees your video, most inspiring and wonderful.

Best contribution yet!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

This girl says it all.............we are afraid to share, afraid to give, afraid to be humane.

Why are we who have everything so greedy?

Some have to much and some none..............sorry this in my book is so wrong on so many levels.

Sharing is caring.

We will continue to have war and strife until we learn to share and care for each other.

Those that have "ruled" over us in royal glory must be take down a notch..............not harmed.

We are at a crossroads and again from what many wise men are telling us, we must change our way of "doing business" we must become service to others or we as a species will perish.

A final warning.................from whom I know not.

But a warning, a trying to light a fire, a final warning.

We as a species do not have much time left.

It's our call.

Unite and clean up our mess or succumb to annihilation.
edit on 23-1-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent

Let's come up with some ideas here.

1) I always now bring either a cloth bag or my own wire roll cart..........the cashiers look at me like I'm nuts.
2) I send happy birthday, merry holidays via e-mail
3) I try not to buy anything encased in plastic or styrofoam (hard)
4) Have a compost heap of stuff that can decompose
5) Have requested a shroud burial with a tree planted over me
6) Planting more trees........donating some to my village
7) Wrap gifts in towls or a reuseable bag, even a pretty cloth bag so they can bring it to shop with

Any more ideas out there?????
edit on 22-1-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

Here are some tips, which are a bit trivial but at least some of them can be used without much effort on your side.

1. If you need a new electrical device, first visit the internet and look for test reports. Study which devices get high notes on durability and on energy consumption. Alternatively buy devices second hand (this goes also for tools, books etc.). Trying to find durable tools and devices will also save you money in the long run.

2. Try to grow your own food. If you have no own garden you can try to round up some friends and rent a garden for community-gardening. Also there are tricks how you can do some indoor gardening or bucket gardening without the need for much space.

3. Leave the light off in all rooms except in those you are currently using. Good are also power strips which have an inbuild switch and can be used to save power. The standby modus of electric devices wastes energy. Don't use an electrical clothes dryer. Just use a line or a clotheshorse and let them dry without wasting energy. Dried by the wind your clothes also smell fresher.

4. Try to buy local. This also helps local business.

5. Since you wrote that you live in a village, you might live also close to nature. Learn to identify some local edible mushrooms and plants and add them to your menu. Collecting your own food will also give you personal satisfaction.

6. If possible walk and ride a bike instead of using a car. If you have to use a car, try to find people for carsharing.

Here is one example, how you can grow potatoes in a barrel.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
The vast majority of people wont wake up or refuse to. They are afraid of losing their material possesions or are so brainwashed by the system that they cant think outside of the box to make a new type of economy that still promotes progress and is self sustaining taking very little from nature.

To make a new system the old one has to be burnt and we all saw how fellow human beings viewed the occupy protests(with disdain) and people who go on mass strikes are classed more like terrorists

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Schuyler hit (another) bullseye with his comments.

You asked: "Are we going to keep trashing our planet ..."

The answer: Yes, we (mostly the Chinese and other undeveloped and underdeveloped countries, though the so-called "developed" countries are not much better), as the only fauna species on the planet with the capability to do anything about it, will indeed keep trashing our beautiful world.

When will they stop or change their behavior? Only when it will be too late to have much effect.

Stupid humans don't deserve this magnificent planet.

Live your life as best you can, altruistically and humbly as possible, in ecologic harmony with nature, and at least feel better about your own conscience as the toilet gets flushed over the next few decades.

Pray for the grandchildren. They will abhor our generation - and for good reason...
edit on 1/24/2012 by Outrageo because: ▌²Ωδτ∩⌠√╓σ

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
....reeking havoc with oil gushers....polluting all of our clean water....

Your thread has inspired me to take the plunge and start this one.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join