It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter users are being tricked into joining Anonymous cyber attacks on U.S. government - and could

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Twitter users are being tricked into joining Anonymous cyber attacks on U.S. government - and could be jailed

www.dailymail.co.u k

Hacker group Anonymous have become a cult hit on Twitter, with 249,000 followers – but security experts Sophos warn that fans, are being tricked into taking part in its attacks.

Links being forwarded via Twitter actually make people’s PCs part of Anonymous’s ‘denial of service’ attacks against U.S. government sites and anti-piracy organisations.

The links are being forwarded as part of Anonymous’s recent ‘Operation Megaupload’ – a retaliation for the U.S. government ‘taking down’ a file-sharing site.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
The Daily tries to use fear and tries to be very strong in suggesting that anyone that clicks a link that unknowingly engages the computer in a Denial of Service attack WILL spend a lengthy time in jail and there will be no defense.

These people are getting desparate and this is why the establishment trying to pass bills to criminalize all of our behaviors is so dangerous. We cannot afford 4 more years of this.

This is like saying if someone is in a bank being robbed and is held hostage tha they can be sent to jail for interfering with the police coming in with guns blazing.

Sorry if this exists - i did search. WorldNetDaily linked this story, probaby to get their readers to stop using the internet.

www.dailymail.co.u k
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 1/22/2012 by ararisq because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Not attempting to rain on your eloquent post but I believe this is already being discussed here...

[THIS IS HUGE] Clicking Links Can Auto-Opt You in to Anonymous's Latest DDoS Attacks

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

I believe mine can be allowed in breaking news? I didn't find it because of the other threads title. Plus my OP is about the lie, lets hope, that clicking a link through tickery can ruin your life and make you a prisoner of the state.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Its all fear mongering
You can't go to jail for clicking a link and UNINTENTIONALLY allowing your computer to be used in a DDoS attack. It doesn't make any sense, if they start throwing people in jail for that, then its time to shut down those bastards and bring them to the gallows.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
which links so i can click on them i believe they are doing the right thing

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I'm not on Twitter, but this thread has all the dark makings of something truly conspiratorial...

Seemed only a matter of time till something lurked in the path such expression...

How longs it been? Twitter's still brand new in my eyes, but damn!!

Well, lets hope those who use it wake up and see the exploitation thats in affect, even in something as presumably simple as that!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
Its all fear mongering
You can't go to jail for clicking a link and UNINTENTIONALLY allowing your computer to be used in a DDoS attack. It doesn't make any sense, if they start throwing people in jail for that, then its time to shut down those bastards and bring them to the gallows.

What's more frightening is if USA puts Anonymous under the categorize 'Terrorists'.

You see whats going on in Afghanistan after they declared Taliban as Terrorists..

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by spire

Its all fear mongering

What's more frightening is if USA puts Anonymous under the categorize 'Terrorists'.

You see whats going on in Afghanistan after they declared Taliban as Terrorists..

The difference being the Taliban do actually brutalise and kill people. Anonymous wear funny Guy Fawkes masks.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
peeps you will no go to prison for clicking a ddos links it is not going to happen..

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyingSpaghettiMonster

Its all fear mongering

The difference being the Taliban do actually brutalise and kill people. Anonymous wear funny Guy Fawkes masks.

I know, but still it's an attack on US Gov. what Anonymous is doing.. And who the hell knows?! Maybe they'll stage a huge terror attack claiming it was Anonymous etc etc and they invade countries "where they suppose to be". Just a theory ^^

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyingSpaghettiMonster

Its all fear mongering

I know, but still it's an attack on US Gov. what Anonymous is doing.. And who the hell knows?! Maybe they'll stage a huge terror attack claiming it was Anonymous etc etc and they invade countries "where they suppose to be". Just a theory ^^

It's a bit hard to invade the entire internet. Your drones have nothing to lock onto!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

But put link to copyrighted material can... Funny world.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I don't understand how the govt. Could just throw you in jail for clicking a link. There are ways to trace script kiddies, but anonymous would not put us in that kind of spot to were we could end up in jail without knowing what we are doing. Anonymous at least asks for you to take part in their action first

top topics

join