It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the newspapers are REALLY telling you without your knowing it.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
Here is my revised unbiased edition of the image.
Note each image has a flag in the background.
Analysis welcome.

edit on 22-1-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

I will use the books to answer this one. I will use these abbreviations "The definitive book of Bodly Language" by Allan and Barbara Pease I will abbreviate BL for Body Language. "Bodytalk The Meaning of Human Gestures" by Desmond Morris I will abbreviate BT for BodyTalk.

Mitt Romney's face shows classic signs of fear, eyebrows raised (i would guess this man is afraid to not be in control at all times - classic sociopathic behavior.... and his authoritative hand lowering had been addressed above. This particulary variation is addressed on 188 of BT:

Palm Lower
Meaning: Less, please.
Action: The palm, facing down, is lowered several times rhythmically through the air. Or both palms may be lowered together in this way.
Background: This common gesture mimes the action of gently pressing something down and is used to request less of something. According to context, this can mean: violent action reduced to calm; loud noises reduced to silence; or high speed reduced to low speed.

Newt is displaying and aggressive dominance behavior often shown right before an attack, men sometimes display this before attacking both physically or sexually (either with words or actions). BL p 234-5:

"3. Head down
When the chin is down, it signals that a negative, judgmental, or aggressive attitude exists. Critical evaluation clusters are normally made with the head down and until the person's head lifts or tilts, you can have a problem."

Ron paul is showing inviting behavior, the hand in that gesture is inviting you into him and what he is saying. Also his open arms are showing honesty. BL p33

How to Detect Openness
When people want to be open or honest, they will often hold one or both palms out to the other person and say something like, "I didn't do it!" or "I'm sorry if I upset you" or "I'l telling you the truth." When someone begins to open up or be truthful, they will likely expose all or part of their palms to the other person. Like most body language signals, this is a completely unconscious gesture, one that gives you an "intuitive" feeling or hunch that the other person is telling the truth.

Rick Santorum.
His jaw is clenched in anger, and his fingers are literallly reaching out grabbing and shaking someone in frustration or anger.

Obama is literally forming a gun with his fingers, again head down... and Trump is poking you in the chest ... all that has been explained

Only Paul displays honesty and openness in any of these pictures or those in my OP.. All others are about dominance, anger and control.

edit on 22-1-2012 by pianopraze because: edited trump response

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Ron paul is showing inviting behavior, the hand in that gesture is inviting you into him and what he is saying. Also his open arms are showing honesty.
Well the look on his face is actually more important. It's an awkward sort of desperate look. I sort of think it gives the impression that he wants people to think about what he is saying, but no one ever really does. But it still looks pretty stupid, I didn't want to be biased.

Rick Santorum.
His jaw is clenched in anger, and his fingers are literallly reaching out grabbing and shaking someone in frustration or anger.
Not quite. It looks more like he's trying to describe the posterior of a rather large women. The look on his face is golden.

Obama is literally forming a gun with his fingers, again head down...
Well I was more going for the classic shady-guy smirk with the hard-to-believe "you got it" hand gesture.
edit on 22-1-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthinfact
I could have told you two years ago, the way the media is. Barack Obama is winning this election regardless of how the people feel. Call it illuminati, call it a conspiracy. I think Obama just calls it Winning.
¸

Charlie, is that you?

Sorry, but it's late and I just could not resist.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by RecumbentOcculus

Obama seems wise??? Oh man you slay me! That Idiot has wasted more money in 3 years than Retard Bush did in 8.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

Yeah lets get 4 more years of this jackass. In 3 he literally amounted more debt and spent more money than every single president COMBINED from Washington to Clinton. Thats just what we need

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Just wanted to throw my tuppence worth into the fray
and i am unbias i live in scotland UK therefor could care less who the US prezz is

this is my opinion only - and my impression from this set of pictures.

Mitt Romney - to me he looks kind of bewildered, whilst tryin to stay calm and in control. Going by the eyes he is unsure of himself and what he is saying and not entirely convinced, notice the flag position it hangs limp, not as over dominant, gives the impression that it was almost added as an afterthought, the tie gives this impression aswell it doesnt seem to match what he is wearing almost unprepared.

Newt Gingrich - actually he looks kind of leary to me, he is trying too hard to come across as friendly and accommodating.his eyes stare you down almost challenging you to prove him wrong, and that smirk just doesnt seem right to me, the flag position although erect to show patriotism doesn't mesh with what he is portraying at least in this picture, he takes up the whole frame, almost in your face so you dont forget him.

Ron Paul - mouth clenched almost biting the bottom lip, definatly thinking alot about what he is tryin to say , coupled with the hand gesture its almost as if he is unsure of what he is doing - trying to make people understand what he is saying almost like the teacher who has asked you a question and waiting on the answer gesturing with the hands to move you along. His eyes show he is no fool, he has a slight hard stare that makes you look twice, the flag position hangs almost at full length but not erect, to me this says that he is not afraid to make waves.

Rick Santorum - clenched jaw, pursed lips, nose slightly upturned, almost as if he has smelled summit bad but doesnt want to say
. he is deep in thought, and thinking about exactly what he has to say before he says it, the hand gestures show an almost authority to get his point across, he doesn't like NOT being in control - the flag position shows this, it is straight and erect, although the stars choice is a puzzle to me - black and silver/white,he is a stickler for rules, things have to be done right, however the flag contradicts this - other influences perhaps. His eyes to me seem almost untrustworthy, someone who thinks very carefully about what he says before he says it.

Barack Obama - this picture looks almost cheesy, typical trigger gun pointing , he is trying to hard. He also has an almost cheeky expression to his smile, his eyes however show weariness and someone who is deep in thought and his mind is not on what he is doing. he wants to be liked (hense the tryin to hard). the flag position is limp in the background almost lost behind the pole it hangs from, i get the impression obama is also very much lost in what he is doing. His tie is tryin to convey a fun side to him, by the added splash of color, however it makes him look almost sickly.

King Trump - your typical boss like stance, pursed lips almost a kissing gesture, scrunched up eyes and pointing finger, this is one man who has to be in control of what he is doing or saying, his tie choice is startin in contrast to the rest of him, almost out of place, like its choking him, almost nooselike. The flag choice is good, large stars & stripes flag is flawless whilst it hangs there dominating the background, however it seems he is attempting to show that patriotism comes first but to me its just a guise, i wouldnt trust this one to have a countries intrests at heart, his own maybe...even a companies.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ronishia

Very good analysis. You have a keen eye.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

i thank raising 5 kids, a qualification in childcare which involves ready body language and a keen sense of being able to read ppl y their eyes

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Exactly!

I found a pic of NEWT that I would love to see on that collage,

Newt The Dark Lord
communities.washingtontimes.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join