It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions were in germ war tests

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Old news (the news story itself is from 10 years ago) and an even older event; back in the good old days of the Cold War (which I'm sure most younger members of ATS remember well - the days when we really thought we could die, horribly, any day). How times change. Anyone under 30 doesn't know how lucky they are. Nor what it's really like (in the West) to live in fear.

You didn't bother reading past the title. The European people better not be as ignorant as you are if they have any hopes in surviving.

Good luck.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

is it not the military's way to find better ways of killing ,even the citizens of their own nation all in the name of NATIONAL DEFENSE-or so they say.i believe they call it ACCEPTABLE LOSSES.they don`t care who they kill or sicken all in the name of war.or is it profit for the arms dealers. remember when the Afghanistan crap started the day after this colossal screw up began the price of Lockheed shares went up by 30%..but there is great PROFIT IN WAR,LOOK AT THE # OF DOLLARS OUR GOVERNMENTS WASTE EVERY YEAR ON THE MILITARY BUDGETS .since the vast majority of them are sitting at home doing nothing.i think that Switzerland got it right, everyone in the nation has to go through military training and everyone in the nation is issued a weapon and ammo to defend the nation .and there is no uniform every one is there to defend and protect ,too bad our mental midget governments never learned from them.
they pulled the same thing up here in the great white north it was agent orange --and their usual lie to the people was it is save---anytime our governments tell us it is good for us it is time to run for the hills and disappear for our own safety.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

It is the same article, I didn't notice the date.

My bad.

I have edited the original post.
edit on 22-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
Old news (the news story itself is from 10 years ago) and an even older event; back in the good old days of the Cold War (which I'm sure most younger members of ATS remember well - the days when we really thought we could die, horribly, any day). How times change. Anyone under 30 doesn't know how lucky they are. Nor what it's really like (in the West) to live in fear.

Way back then, tests were undertaken to see what impact the Soviet weapons might have on us. To help formulate plans to protect us. Nasty, evil British govt for looking out for us, eh?

Of would you all have rather waited until the Ruskies attacked?

edit on 22-1-2012 by Essan because: (no reason given)

And have they?

If you're up for it, as it sounds, there may be others like you. Perhaps, that being the case, you wouldn't mind volunteering yourselves and your families for their experiments?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The chemtrail debunking crowd would have you believe these old tests mean nothing when obviously it proves the governments have the ability and will to do such things to their citizens. They would also have you believe there is no reason for the government to do something like this again becuase these old test were all about the cold war with russia.

Has science been at a standstill since the cold war ended? Has science not advanced a great deal in understanding viruses and creating them? Have airborne delivery methods not advanced?

I can only hope ATS will still be around in 40-50 years when any evidence of any current experiments are revealed becuase I would cherish the opportunity to rub certain members faces in it.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Yes, I failed to notice the date too, because it was posted yesterday on the Blacklisted News site...

"Guardian: Millions were in germ war tests
January 21, 2012
Print Version
Source: Guardian", then when you click on the full article link, the 2002 date's at the top.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
No matter how old this article is, it would certainly be folly to say that
"experiments" no longer take place.

I would define experimentation to include: water fluoridation, GMO foods,
certain vaccinations, pharma drugs (the list is endless)
and of course this is just the stuff that we know about after
the experimentation has taken place and has likely caused great
damage for many years and for many years to come.

We live in a covert experimental political/medical/pharma,etc., society based
on "the one who can get the most cash" wins.

No one tells us what the next experiment will be. We are now at a place where
all we can do is try to dig up the dirt via internet research and endlessly look for
ways to keep ourselves safe and healthy and thriving.

I'm sure this is not the way it's suppose to be.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
This is exactly the kind of thing governments must never be allowed to do.

Would you rather a corporation did it? Because if it was left up to corporations, then you wouldn't have the government to run to for help.

And the whole bio/chem branch of the arms race really only advances because other countries do it, so blaming the government for the technology and experimentation is not as fair as say, blaming whatever organization that develops in this field for their own ambitions.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Can you say "Monsanto" or "DuPont" or "Baxter" or myriad others that spring to mind? I'm not happy when anyone does it. I wonder why you think I would be.

I will now bring you under question. What is your point in your defence of those parties? Do you honestly think it's because x, y, and z do it too or so that they can keep up with the Joneses?

Not saying more here.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikehawk

I read the story in detail 10 years ago

No doubt it'll re-merge in another 10 years time as another generation thinks they have discovered something important, without bothering to look at the actual details.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by picratus

Baby, you can't tell me *anything* about the defence sector that I don't already know. It's time for people to stop pandering to their fear-mongering though. It's time to wake the **** up and stop this ****.

We are supposed to be evolved creatures of great intellect. If this is great intellect, I really do look forward to someone coming along and showing us what intellect really is because I can assure you that this is not it.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Can you say "Monsanto" or "DuPont" or "Baxter" or myriad others that spring to mind? I'm not happy when anyone does it. I wonder why you think I would be.

Yup, that's what happens when corporations become so important under national directives that they get to carry out secret and highly destructive research with even less restrictions than government institutions. That tends to happen under advanced capitalism/fascism.

I will now bring you under question. What is your point in your defence of those parties? Do you honestly think it's because x, y, and z do it too or so that they can keep up with the Joneses?

Yeah actually I do. And I do think that it is important.

The Americans dropped out of a lot of nuclear weapons treaties with the Russians and are now designing a new generation of nuclear weapons while deploying a lot of anti-ballistic missiles on Russia's borders. Russia has had no choice but to continue on with its own nuclear weapons program, or else the ballance would shift disturbingly into America's hands.

That's just a practical example of my point. Here's another one:

Did you know why Canada was successful in combat during WWI? It's because we were superior when it came to chemical warfare. While it's not something that we would morally support, we had our own program in response to the enemy's program, which was all the more important because chemical warfare was not just a detterant, but an actuality. From our testing, we developed better chemical warfare defensive measures (like better gas masks) and we also produced superior concoctions of chloride/mustard gas. If we didn't, we would have gotten hopelessly slaughtered.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Way back then, tests were undertaken to see what impact the Soviet weapons might have on us. To help formulate plans to protect us. Nasty, evil British govt for looking out for us, eh?

Of would you all have rather waited until the Ruskies attacked?

edit on 22-1-2012 by Essan because: (no reason given)

You seemed to have missed a few details despite having a know-it-all attitude about this.

At the very end of the article.....

Asked whether such tests are still being carried out, she said: 'It is not our policy to discuss ongoing research.'

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

reply to post by Mikehawk

I read the story in detail 10 years ago

No doubt it'll re-merge in another 10 years time as another generation thinks they have discovered something important, without bothering to look at the actual details.

Does the fact that it was disclosed 10 years ago make it alright? What a strange attitude you have!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Because this topic doesn't meet the timeliness requirements for Breaking Alternative News, I'm moving it to General Conspiracies.

As always, if anyone disagrees with the move or would like to recommend a different forum, please send me a private message.

edit on 1/22/2012 by Majic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

They use computer simulators now. They could not do that back then, and had to know the spread.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

The subject of their experiments was germ warfare.

For those who don't know the implications of germ warfare, it's all about de-population. Foreign or domestic.

TPTB may feel the need to thin out the population tomorrow and now they have the info they need.

Not only that, they allow the information into the public domain via a source such as the Guardian which is aimed at 'the professional thinking man/woman' e.g. teachers, executives and scholars who don't want politics ramming down their throat.

edit on 22/1/2012 by lostjohnny because: (no reason given)

edit on 22/1/2012 by lostjohnny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

If you don't think that chemtrails are the Government /military pouring harmfull chemicals onto the public for testing without their knowledge then I think you've got the wrong definition.

Although they probably weren't disguised as white fluffy looking tails coming from commercial flights.

And don't bash him for reposting an old thread, even though he didn't realise it was near a decade old, I never would have heard this if he hadn't

I will never again say the government has never hurt us

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

@Cosmic...I totally agree. The lack of outrage i believe is due to the lack of official coverage by The Great Propaganda Machine a.k.a MSM As you well know -hehe..who loves that phrase? Hint: initials B ..O..- most of the world's real newz is through alternative media outlets, such as, ATS ... which the masses have been brainwashed to believe is bs and only conspiracy..we're all looney as far as mainstream alleged society is concerned.
I will fight and most likely die for my freedom....

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I'm not certain they ever stopped conducting tests, perhaps even multiple ongoing currently.

One day...we will get ours.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join