It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions were in germ war tests

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Millions were in germ war tests

www.guardian.co.uk

The Ministry of Defence turned large parts of the country into a giant laboratory to conduct a series of secret germ warfare tests on the public.

A government report just released provides for the first time a comprehensive official history of Britain's biological weapons trials between 1940 and 1979.

Many of these tests involved releasing potentially dangerous chemicals and micro-organisms over vast swaths of the population without the public being told.

While details of some secret trials have emerged in recent years, the 60-page report reveals new information about more than 100 c
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I was aware of these experiments happening in North America, but this is the first I have heard of it happening in the UK. The article does mention that various tests have been exposed in recent years, the new report has lots of previously secret information.

Here is just one of the experiments.

One chapter of the report, 'The Fluorescent Particle Trials', reveals how between 1955 and 1963 planes flew from north-east England to the tip of Cornwall along the south and west coasts, dropping huge amounts of zinc cadmium sulphide on the population. The chemical drifted miles inland, its fluorescence allowing the spread to be monitored. In another trial using zinc cadmium sulphide, a generator was towed along a road near Frome in Somerset where it spewed the chemical for an hour.

Chemtrails anyone?

It would be interesting to find out what else they used, I'm going to try and find this report.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Imagine if an enemy were to release a virus into the air. This just shows how people are unaware of things, good thing it didn't kill millions in england if the experiments went wrong. I wouldn't care anyway cause I wasn't born yet and I wasn't born in Britain, but still....scary.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by anthonygillespie2012

It turns out a lot of people from England aren't as forgiving as we might be:

In most cases, the trials did not use biological weapons but alternatives which scientists believed would mimic germ warfare and which the MoD claimed were harmless. But families in certain areas of the country who have children with birth defects are demanding a public inquiry.

In most cases? We need to hear about the cases where they didn't use alternatives. IMO the whole planet is their testing ground

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
This is exactly the kind of thing governments must never be allowed to do. There is something very seriously wrong with our governmental systems when anything even vaguely like this can be allowed to occur. Government can inflict whatever disease and disability on us with absolute impunity and we have no knowledge until they let themselves out of the woods a bit so that they aren't "too much at blame" and we end up paying for it all the way around. This is where your tax money goes. This is Inland Revenue and the IRS hard at work. This is what must stop. I cannot imagine how this can even be construed as "for the common good".

It's pretty clear now. The writing is on the wall. Government must change. Governmental carte blanche must end now. Our apathy must end now.

Let's let them follow the money. The money stays in your pocket along with your power. They can choke on it. They can't put everyone in jail. Let them die starving.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
You'd think there would be more outcry about things like this than it generates. Those must have been some powerful germs

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I was just about to start an outraged thread on this, so I'm glad I searched first.

Yes, I agree - chem trails was the first thing that popped into my mind.

And they won't comment on current operations!?! Of course they flaming won't! The public might get a bit fractious if they knew they were being used as guinea pigs.

How fracking dare they!

And what good will tests carried out do them anyway considering the billions of £'s / $'s etc that have been pumped into bio-labs since then in the creation of new disease strains?

Tomorrow, I'm going to be writing letters to Downing Street & my local MP, to voice my most emphatic objection, disgust and fear re their furtive activities (though it will have no effect whatsoever) and I hope that those who were responsible will reap the karmic rewards they deserve.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
You'd think there would be more outcry about things like this than it generates. Those must have been some powerful germs

If you've read the article, you'll note that one victim has demanded a public enquiry, and already, the authorities are trying to diminish his claims. No offence, but PLEASE do not roll your eyes, and try instead to empathise with the families who've suffered birth defects in those areas.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Does anybody really believe the United States has done nothing similar or worse? It is frustrating how many people will not believe something until the perpetrators of any said act explicitly admit to it in writing years afterward.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Toffeeapple

I understand your outrage, this is insane!

Since you're from the UK I'm wondering if you know any government sites that would publish this report? The information in this report sounds pretty incriminating. They even admitted to not always using alternate substances, so some of the time they were probably using some pretty nasty stuff. I will make sure to update the thread if I come across anything but if you could share any information you come across that would be appreciated.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Norwich,Parts of Scotland,Cornwall etc.
Plenty of dodgy experiments have gone on over the decades since ww1.
Question is was it only experiments-or a means of creating a dumbed down slave race,moulded by a combination of drugs/TV and chemicals in the food and air?

Have they produced the desired effects yet-or do they have further to achieve?

The world is their test tube it seems.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Old news (the news story itself is from 10 years ago) and an even older event; back in the good old days of the Cold War (which I'm sure most younger members of ATS remember well - the days when we really thought we could die, horribly, any day). How times change. Anyone under 30 doesn't know how lucky they are. Nor what it's really like (in the West) to live in fear.

Way back then, tests were undertaken to see what impact the Soviet weapons might have on us. To help formulate plans to protect us. Nasty, evil British govt for looking out for us, eh?

Of would you all have rather waited until the Ruskies attacked?

edit on 22-1-2012 by Essan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Just remember chem trails don't exist. The Government wouldn't do such a thing to its people. Its not just eh US citizens that is being dumped on from the air and has been for a long time. Get your heads out of the sand. Welcome to the NWO

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
But hey folks don't worry we are so much better off now-we have much more sophisticated "accidents" these days...
Take the most recent UK foot and mouth outbreak-remember where that "leaked" from?

Yes it was a Part UK US gov pharmaceutical Lab making Guess what?
Foot and mouth vaccines...
I was just discussing it in another thread today,but its relevant here as well I think.
news.bbc.co.uk...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

And this report about a "missing vial"

news.bbc.co.uk...

One deep rabbit hole,and a recent example of dodgy bio shenanigans.IMO.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

In the sense that chemtrails are what ignorant people call contrails, then obviously the exist

Though they are as relevant to this thread as white heather.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

The information in this post was wrong. I was unaware of this article being from 2002.

My apologies to you Essan for what was previously written in this post.
edit on 22-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

I guess you are entitled to your opinion. However when unknown substances are dumped on unsuspecting people out of airplanes for undisclosed purposes. I would consider that a chem trail

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

I'm not from the UK so I don't usually hear about news from over there unless it's from a site such as ATS. I have been aware of certain things that happen in my neck of the woods and beyond, but it turns out a lot of Brits didn't even know about.

My head is out of the sand BTW TYVM

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I know you replied to Essan, but I have seen this same Guardian UK report before, for a few years now. SO when you wrote:

You must have not bothered to read the OP. There is unreleased information in the report, therefore it's not old news....

.....I looked at your OP again, just to be sure. The date listed is April, 2002....same date as the article I saw before on ATS, and same article that has been the subject of a number of previous threads already.

So, what is new "unreleased information" that you mentioned?

ETA -- here.....look at the link in this ATS POST from 2008. Is it, or is it not, the same article?

edit on Sun 22 January 2012 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toffeeapple

Originally posted by satron

If you've read the article, you'll note that one victim has demanded a public enquiry, and already, the authorities are trying to diminish his claims. No offence, but PLEASE do not roll your eyes, and try instead to empathise with the families who've suffered birth defects in those areas.

I was empathizing with the families, I was saying that it should infuriate everyone, not just those affected.

EDIT: I've got my eyes rolling on you, buddy

edit on 22-1-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join