It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intense bright object on night vision camera.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Hey ATS'ers,

I found this today and thought that this video was actually quite good. It's taken with night vision, from Tuscan, Arizona.

It appears to be a very bright object flying through the sky, which at one point either stops, slows down, or turns to come directly towards the direction of the person holding the camera. The person filming is very steady, and you can see the intensity of the light.

Around the 2 minute mark, another object travels towards the bright light. It's quite interesting to watch.

Please take a look, and let me know what you think!

edit on 22-1-2012 by beauty from pain because: Youtube

edit on 22-1-2012 by beauty from pain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I think this is a helicopter with its search light on. I don't think this is a hoax video or a fake but maybe the person mistook the bright light for a UFO. I was going to say it was an airplane before the light suddenly got brighter but judging by the movement it looks like a helicopter. Only question is; why is there no sound? Has it been edited out? Thanks for posting.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Did you catch the part towards the end (3:32) where a small reddish light approaches from the right (behind) the bright light... then turns white after attaching itself... and then the two of them begin to move (depart to the left of the screen) in unison??? You need to watch closely every time he zooms in and out... and then moves the camera around to give us something to judge proximity.
edit on 22-1-2012 by shushu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
interesting dont you ever jut think aliens or whatever could be right next to us in everyday work

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorT

I'm not familiar with helicopter spot lights, but would the spotlight have been pointed down towards the ground?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by beauty from pain

With most helicopters you can rotate the light via a device within the helicopter. I know in police helicopters for example, you can do this - its a bit like a joystick. However, I have to admit I didn't notice the second object further in the video but that was more consistent with an airplane judging by the colour. Were there any news stories circulating about police helicopters in the past few days i.e have they been involved in car chases or capturing criminals? Just a thought.
edit on 22-1-2012 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
It is a helicopter,

The red light that "appears and flies in unison", is its tail light

And that's probably why the sound has been edited out (I always worry about Isotronic tones with stuff like that).

And I don't think it was a search light, it is probably a police chopper, and they need light inside the helicopter, to read maps etc.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
It's a helicopter as mentioned above , you can see it clearly as it turns , from 3.30 on the video

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soapusmaximus
It is a helicopter,

The red light that "appears and flies in unison", is its tail light

And that's probably why the sound has been edited out (I always worry about Isotronic tones with stuff like that).

And I don't think it was a search light, it is probably a police chopper, and they need light inside the helicopter, to read maps etc.

Tail light. Okay that makes sense. But is the tail light usually RED when the helicopter is stationary... then turns white when they start to move??? Kinda like when we put our foot on the brakes and the tail lights turn bright RED???

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Sheilaaliens neglects to tell you that she lives only like 3 miles from Davis Monthan Air Force Base, which sees a lot of military traffic. Also, to the north of her is Tucson Medical Center, which has a helipad that also gets a lot of traffic. I'm only 1 mile from TMC and I see/hear that helicopter all the time.

No aliens here, unfortunately.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Soapusmaximus

Thanks for your reply.

Would you think that the sound would have been silent had he been shooting from within his house through a window?
edit on 22-1-2012 by beauty from pain because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by beauty from pain

She actually films from the roof of her apartment, sitting with her cats.....seriously.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
It's a helicopter as mentioned above , you can see it clearly as it turns , from 3.30 on the video

What's ur guess for this phenomenon???

See the balls of light jetison out along a distinctive path to the right??? It does this several times during the film. At first I thought it was traffic headlights... until I watched more closely.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by gavron

Thanks, Gavron! Appreciate all the information.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by shushu

What's ur guess for this phenomenon???

It is actually a time lapse video taken by the highway commission. There was major highway work being done. The bright lights were construction area work lights....with the light effect amplified by the smoke/clouds. There were multiple posts on this last year, with an actual link to the highway commissions website showing videos of the work over the span of a couple of weeks. Same light effect, over several days. You could actually see the work vehicles in one of the videos.

Here is that thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 22-1-2012 by gavron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by shushu

you could try any one of the multiple posts on that video.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by gavron

I agree with this guy...

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Absolutely 100% a helicopter.

Like said above...around 3:30 you can clearly see it and the lights are right for a chopper.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by gavron
Sheilaaliens neglects to tell you that she lives only like 3 miles from Davis Monthan Air Force Base, which sees a lot of military traffic. Also, to the north of her is Tucson Medical Center, which has a helipad that also gets a lot of traffic. I'm only 1 mile from TMC and I see/hear that helicopter all the time.

No aliens here, unfortunately.

She is a known hoaxer.

Sorry, but this is now closed.

This is NO reflection of the OP.

new topics

top topics

join