It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to buy a gun..for protection

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

My wife started with a "girly gun." A pink .25 caliber that the barrel popped up and the first round inserted, so she didn't have to pull the slide back to chamber a round. As girly as one could possibly get.

The more comfortable she got, the more she learned to hate the .25 caliber (I tried to tell her), and the more often she started stealing my .380. So, I went out and traded her pink gun for a Smith and Wesson Bodyguard .380. After two trips to the range, and now she is back to carrying my Bersa .380 again! She has loved it from the start. It's plain, black, cheaper brand, but it fits her hand, it shoots smoothly, it is accurate, and it is a little larger so she can control it and it lessens the recoil. She LOVES it.

Now, I have the fancy little Bodyguard, but at least its not pink!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by brokedown
So, I can get an argument started…

Most men size does matter. Bigger the better or so we believe.

And, yes I do fall in this category.

I conceal carry a 44 mag revolver or a 1911, depending on dress., I have 12 ga shotguns and keep one loaded with 3” double 00 buck and slugs.
But we must consider that most women are not as large and as strong as we find ourselves when we stand 6’1” and weigh in about 250 pounds.

The wife is 5’7” about 115 pounds, She has a hard time just picking up the 12, let alone recovering from a discharge.

I got her a 20ga, youth frame, then loaded it with low powder 2 ¾ shells and to give her more pattern chose single 0 buck.
It is kept in the closet, and when I am not home, her instruction is to flee to the closet, shut the door, get in the corner, don’t come out, if anyone opens the door , pull the trigger, even she can hit the door way from 8 feet. She is very comfortable with this plan, she is not expected to protect any thing in the house but herself.
She does keep her loaded .380 in the bedside table to ensure her flight to the closet is protected.

Seriously, just listen to this dude. When talking guns take someone who knows what the hell their talking about with you to gun shop, and don't get suckered into buying any fancy large caliber handguns or sub machine guns, you don't need them. No one is going to bust into your house with an smg and no offence intended, unless you've had military service you aren't going to be able to hit the side of a barn door with one.

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join