It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spoon Bending; Help I'm So Very VERY Close!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by oneness86
while laying in my when i was younger i was concentrating on moving my ceiling fan around and after a while i actually did move it a tiny bit...sounds crazy but it took an intense amount of concentration

2 things:

You dont have to create 2 seperate posts if you make a mistake in your first one. just use the "edit" button that appears in the box around your post.

Secondly, are you sure that it wasnt just the A/C kicking on and circulating air in the room, makeing the fan move. This has happened to me several time that I've suddenly noticed my fan start moving and it would freak me out until I realized it was just the A/C turning on.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Onboard2

Originally posted by midicon
reply to post by SageBeno

Why not give yourself a break and forget all that nonsense?
All spoonbenders are fakers...look at idiots like Uri Geller etc...
Lastly...don't listen to idiots that encourage you.

It is NOT nonsense. People need to understand tha theyt are capable of much more than they know and take responsibility for their thoughts and actions. By raising our vibrational frequency, we can't be controlled.

"magical thinkingis both ignorant an dangerous"

skepdic.com/geller.html

Many magicians do what Geller does, but they call themselves magicians, conjurers, or mentalists. Good magicians are good tricksters and good tricksters can fool the smartest of people. They can amaze people with their ability to seemingly move objects with an act of will, suspend objects in space, view objects that are hidden, read minds, predict the future, identify the content of hidden messages or drawings, and the like. What is amazing is that they don't amaze people by winning the lottery or finding a cure for cancer. Why don't they bypass airports and paranormally transport themselves to their next gig? Why do they take their cars to a mechanic when they break down? Why do they waste their time moving a wire in a glass bottle instead of moving a waterfall over a forest fire? The answer is obvious. Such useful feats would require more than distraction and legerdemain.

edit on 22-1-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Spoon bending is child's play.

I like to bend bend the stoplight poles as I'm driving down the road so that I've never got to stop.

Stick with it. Takes practice.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonTattooz

Ahhh, well i'm only human friend, but thank for the reply.

the grain of salt is used today on my behalf! Bending the spoon right now, but I think I'm cheating.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Okay well a little food for thought.

The guy that is called the Human Calculator is a fraud then? He uses a certain part of the brain that allows him to be faster than a calculator, yet he uses the same 100% you do, and he just does it, cause he can do it. you posess the same talent?

The energy manifested in ones brain depends on the __, and other many things, Wel,l as ignorant as I am, I say to you, how ignorant, and short sighted in a sense that imagination eludes your thought pattern.

Good day to you, your limitless keeps you where you are in life. IMO

But nonetheless, appreciate your thought on this.

Well, I'm having a discussion with my brain right now that.. ohhh damn that hurts bad. thanks for the replies, thinking, thinking, and thinking..............
edit on 22-1-2012 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I'm sure the first that said that can fly in a plane to travel in long distances in the air were idiots, completely insane, what morons. I agree, but with time and imagination it was done, so just like a critic in the ol' days, so are you now.

Just saying IMO

In the Bible it says that there is nothing new under the sun, but with all due respect in stating my view, take no offense. Are you a Atheist? serious question, please an no offense.

A man following Jesus has no limitations, an Atheist does, just IMO

Much love,

edit on 22-1-2012 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

If you dont have anything positive to add to my thread then leave no footprints. You come and argue the ability of our mind and soul, telling people what is and isnt.

Truth is relative and unfortunately for you, at the end of your life you'll realize what you have wasted.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by martianmallow

Did you watch the telekinesis videos I posted?

If not I encourage you to do so, I'm interested in your opinion.

Absolutely! The videos are both very enlightening and confidence building, Thanks!!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I am split right down the middle when it comes to a belief in this, which I view as essentially "the force".

I understand that the world around us is made of energy, and we are made of that same energy.

My friend taught me this way to feel energy in our hands, they work like magnets almost.
you hold your hands apart from each other like you were about to clap and move them closer to each other so that the fingers are all lined up and seperated, then you move them closer and further slowly moving them in an angle, eventually you start to feel a connection. I couldn't believe it the first time I felt it, I thought my friend was semi-crazy before, he'd sit there and meditate with us while we'd chill. now I understand.

so I would imagine you are using that energy to connect to something around us.
part of me believes that it used to be part of our instinct or it was developed but determined to be too powerful for any person to have so they slowly removed it altogether or something.

thats just half my belief, the other half is that it's not possible at all, but I like to keep that half quiet.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

SageBeno,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experience with spoon bending.

I want to learn how to harness the force and bending spoons seems like a good place to start.

Here's a cute video for practice. Sorry but I don't know how to embed Youtube videos like this one.
Spoon Dance

hahaha I'd better get a spoon to bend first then I can work on gettin it to dance. lol

Reminds me of "Flubber", a movie I saw for the first time today. Flubber, or "flying rubber" could do all sorts of stuff in the movie.

Flubber

Astar

edit on 22-1-2012 by Antoniastar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

If you dont have anything positive to add to my thread then leave no footprints.

Nothing positive? That depends on your point of view.

Have you heard of the Boxer Rebellion? In China, around 1900, a militant group called the Society of Righteous and Harmonious Fists launched an uprising against the decadent and corrupt Ch'ing dynasty and its foreign sponsors, who had made China a nation of opium addicts and were bleeding the country white. They were particularly antipathetic towards Christian missionaries, and several massacres of Christians ensued.

For a while the Boxers posed a serious threat to their enemies, but they had one fatal weakness: they believed they were invulnerable to bullets, due to the strict physical and spiritual disciplines that were part of their training.

Well, they weren't of course. But their belief was enough to encourage them to start a terrible civil war and later to cause them to die in droves with European bullets inside them.

That is the kind of thing that happens too easily when people start having foolish fantasies of supernatural power, or start to believe religious fairytales that privilege believers above unbelievers.

The century just passed was the most horrific in human history, one in which the quantum of human violence and cruelty reached almost unbelievable proportions. What drove it? Belief in pseudoscientific theories of racial supremacy and religious privilege, belief in fantasy economic systems, the widespread use of lies as propaganda. In other words, the hatred and killing were driven by people believing things that were not true – in some cases, things that a few moments' rational thought would show were not true.

You'd think that such an experience would have taught mankind better, and indeed it has taught a good many of us. Sadly, we are still a minority – the world remains plagued with religious fundamentalism, racism and ethnic intolerance, medical quackery and pseudoscience. Belief systems based on magical thinking and false reasoning continue to dupe millions into doing themselves all kinds of harm – emotional, economic and sometimes physical. Worse still, they encourage people to do others harm.

Your thread is part of this miserable, potentially lethal weft of credulity and ignorance. My positive contribution to it is to pour the cold water of common sense and the salt of ridicule upon it. With any luck, my contribution will make a few impressionable readers think twice, and decline to believe such nonsense.

Truth is relative and unfortunately for you, at the end of your life you'll realize what you have wasted.

Another dangerous lie to believe in, because it justifies any conduct. Truth is not relative. Truth is.

edit on 22/1/12 by Astyanax because: a few things needed to be clarified.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

You say you dont believe, I say you dont understand.
I'm not saying I do, but in terms of saying something doesnt exist you must have concrete evidence, which you will never be able to uncover.

There is so much still unknown in this world and until we understand everything we cannot be so close minded.

Yeah ok, so those guys thought they were impervious to bullets, but they were not, or perhaps the men with the guns believed so strongly that they weren't impervious that their collective thoughts overpowered the others ?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
it's simple really.

There is no spoon

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

In terms of saying something doesnt exist you must have concrete evidence, which you will never be able to uncover.

In logic, it is impossible to prove a negative proposition. What did I say does not exist? The human capacity to bend spoons by the power of thought alone? I don't have to prove it doesn't exist. Common experience suggests that it does not, so that is the default position. It is on you, not me, that the burden of proof must rest.

There is so much still unknown in this world and until we understand everything we cannot be so close minded.

That is a very foolish thing to say. Life demands that we make decisions all the time, based on the knowledge we have. If we waited until we understood everything – even everything about a particular situation – before acting, we would not live long enough to attain such understanding.

Refusing to believe improbable things is not a fault. It is a virtue whose rewards include self-preservation, reliable knowledge and, ultimately, wisdom. An open mind is a mind that is open to the possibility that the world is not as it is perceived – not a mind that undiscriminatingly accepts any proposition put to it.

Nobody has the luxury of time to wait around till all the facts are in. That is why it is so important to make the right decisions based on the facts we know. And this is exactly why superstition, magical thinking and false belief are so dangerous: if we are to act effectively and safely on what we believe to be true, we must believe only the truth – not superstitious lies about spoon-bending and invulnerability to bullets.

Perhaps the men with the guns believed so strongly that they weren't impervious that their collective thoughts overpowered the others?

Do you notice how your insistence on believing one improbable thing is driving you to accept the possibility of others even more extremely improbable? Beware: that way lies madness.

edit on 22/1/12 by Astyanax because: of me.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

It's a magic trick:

Pick the right spoon. You need to pick an older type electroplated Nickel Silver spoon. Stainless takes too long and the "prepared" areas loose their shininess. You may have to use a vice & a piece of pipe to prepare the spoon as it will usually be quite hard to bend. Be careful to leave no marks.

Prepare the spoon by bending it back & forwards hundreds of times. This hardens the crystal structure within the spoon and causes microscopic cracks.

Once prepared, pocket the spoon until you are ready to show the spoon to someone in your audience, pretending to pick up a spoon that just "happens to be lying there" (usually easiest to do in a restaurant, with friends) and get them to knock the spoon against the table to establish to everyone that it is solid. No one expects you to do a magic trick and so they are quite easily fooled.

Take the spoon and get them to hold the extreme ends while you rub the middle/thinnest point of the spoon, just near the handle. Talk about the metal getting hot and soft between your fingers.

Every few seconds move your hand abruptly to put additional stress where the spoon is now weakest.

Pretty soon, the spoon will become very soft due to the invisible microscopic cracks. It is here that you need to slow things down & milk the moment. Take the spoon back from them (tell them that it's so you don't accidentally affect them).

Hold the spoon up by the end of the handle, with the spoon hanging downwards & wiggle it slightly. Everyone will see the spoon just wobble like it is rubber.

If you like, you can continue wobbling the spoon until the end falls off in front of everyone.

Usually, they are suitably impressed.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   

I'm sorry to say, but the 'match-stick' video...

The head of the match is magnetized. I've seen this trick quite a few times.
Notice its laying on the surface of a table, and only the head of the match really 'moves'

...and for other posters mentioning 10% of the noggin; as a medical student, I can say for certain that the capacity of the human brain is used for much more than just conscious thought and memory storage.
It takes a whole lot of processing power to keep us alive.

-bojimbo

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I have been able to break a post box key and another kind of key. I normally can't do that, but being neither here or there opens up new ways .

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join