It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spoon Bending; Help I'm So Very VERY Close!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Onboard2

What has made a misery of human history?

Read some history and find out. Or are you another of those who justifies his lazy ignorance of humanity's shared past by bleating that 'history is always written by the winning side'?

I think it's believing in limitations and turning to brute force and negativity.

Yes, this is part of the delusion that includes belief in spoon-bending.

It's a materialistic world filled with man's shortcomings. Rise above it.

When you bend that spoon, I will eat your underpants. But you will go to your grave, and I to mine, with that spoon unbent and your underpants uneaten.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
reply to post by DragonTattooz

I'm glad I don't have to live in your world. I like my world; it is full of mystery and wonder and things that can not be explained. Like God, for example...oh, but you believe in an invisible man who tells people how to live their lives and procreates with humans so he can have his child murdered, you just don't believe in anything that you can't see, touch or feel, er, wait...

Some people like feeling dumb and clueless. Others really are dumb and clueless enough to enjoy believing they know every damn' thing.

I prefer to take the world as I find it.

I feel sorry for you that you don't get to experience awe and wonder and mystery...Have a nice day.

If you have to delude yourself with fairytales to experience a sense of awe and wonder and mystery, it is you, not I, who are in need of sympathy. And possibly therapy as well.

Have the day I think you deserve.

Well, okey dokey then. You have proven yourself to be among the ignorant masses. We do not have enough in common to continue a discussion. I would suggest that you re-read your responses. You have an amazing ability to contradict yourself, but that happens when ignorance is the theme of your life.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by AK907ICECOLD

For the negative nancy's out there, we only use 10% of our brains, if that.... there's proof in the pudd'n, like my mentor has said.

I suggest you get a new mentor. MRI scans show that human beings use one hundred percent of their brains.

The problem is that the people who say it can't be done are the one's with no imagination and will to change, its not their fault that they are not exposed to a higher thinking process.

Sometimes the people who say it can't be done are those who know better than the simpleminded oafs who believe 'anything is possible' – another lie to put with the one about humans using only ten percent of their brains, incidentally.

I have a friend that has moved items around on a table in front of a few friends and I mean when I say "magic is a fools errand" he said. I've known him for 20 years plus when we were kids, and the possibility is absolutely there.

You know someone who's been deceiving you for twenty years, and you still call him a friend?

Astonishing. :shk:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonTattooz

Well, okey dokey then. You have proven yourself to be among the ignorant masses.

When you bend that spoon, I'll eat your shorts. Till then, I'm the one who knows, and you're the ignorant one.

We do not have enough in common to continue a discussion.

You thought this was a discussion?

When you have a bent spoon to show me, then it will be a discussion. Till then, this is just me explaining to you that you are deluded and you will never, never, be able to bend a spoon except in the ordinary physical way. It is you who have chosen to discuss the matter with me. I am simply telling you what's what.

You have an amazing ability to contradict yourself, but that happens when ignorance is the theme of your life.

Point out one genuine self-contradiction in what I have posted here, and I'll at least bite your shorts.

edit on 22/1/12 by Astyanax because: of excessively graphic visuals.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Did you watch the telekinesis videos I posted?

If not I encourage you to do so, I'm interested in your opinion.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Maybe if you thought about the spoon as mostly empty space and then thought about removing that empty space that would bend the spoon? I don't know if this really works or not, spoon bending. Is it really our own power doing it? If not, who's power and do we really want to know?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by martianmallow

I don't watch videos. I have no time. Text-based evidence, please, or none at all.

I used to work in advertising. Back when I was getting started, around the beginning of the 1980s, I read David Ogilvy's Confessions of an Advertising Man. In it, he offered tyro copywriters like myself a list of rules for writing successful ads. One of them was, 'Never worry about writing a TV commercial that can't be filmed. Anything you imagine can be filmed.'

Ogilvy wrote that in the 1960s, long before the advent of CGI and modern special effects.

If you really believe a video is proof of anything, your path to understanding will be a long, long one.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I personally witnesed objects moving (long story to type on phone)
It wasn't from a human but from an "entity." you could feel it's presence. If an entity that's not of our 3d reality move objects. If that's possible (don't ask me how, I'm still puzzled) I do think it likely possible that you have to be on another plane/dimension/vibrational frequency. Us human beings are not on the same level, therefore cannot have the ability to do that unless on that level. Humans no, E.D.E's yes. Ede=extra demensional entities

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jessieg

That's kind of close from the research I've done over the years. I've never practiced this myself because I haven't been able to master simple meditation. HOWEVER

When thinking about the world in these metaphysical states you must be aware that everything is connected. Even objects that may seem separate in your perception are in fact connected at a subatomic level inperceptible to our major senses. The loophole to our perception is in fact our mind, there are impulses of energy that effect us in every way, down to the electrical impulses that control our movements and bodily functions. Your brain is an amazing tool.

So here you are spoon in hand, all is connected blah blah. You put yourself in a state of awareness that there is not in fact empty space between your skin and the spoon, but they are connected. Bending the spoon could be synonymous with moving a finger or toe, depending on how deeply you are in that state of consciousness.

In the videos I posted, the man bending spoons among other tricks is in this state of awareness and has made the spoon 'softer' or more pliable, and using the concentrated energy of his other hand to manipulate the matter.

I may be wrong on some of this but I am just sharing what I have learned and concluded.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Is there a validated video out there of a person able to do this...?
2nd

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Text based evidence only? So how would you know if the OP indeed succeeded in his endeavor to bend a spoon?

No time to watch a minute long video, but plenty of time to monopolize a thread? You're bordering on trolling here, friend.

I see you are quite openly closed-minded but I guess I underestimated the extent of such a statement. MY BAD

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Yeah, sometimes I think that we have to be really careful what we mess with. We as humans probably do have some latent power, maybe more than we know. I think there are those who work with demonic entities however. These are invisible and move rapidly so it seems a though the magician himself or herself is doing the magic, I think. Maybe they sold their soul for this power, maybe they are deluded into thinking they themselves are doing it.

I know there are stories of people lifting cars off of people or being brave when others run away. There are these miracle stories and I think at times we do tap into something. If it is used to save someone or for the benefit of others, then it is good. For mere pleasure or display, I don't know. Maybe we shouldn't just play around.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SageBeno
reply to post by ShedAlert

A lot of people have much the same feeling towards it.

I see it as if you say you cant, you cant for the reason you believe it. I also believe we are born with the ability but our society deems it as BS so we never even begin to strengthen it.

In the last few years science has discovered our Heart and Mind both emit forms of magnetism now known as
Bio-Magnetism. Bio-Magnetism is an energy, and it is a known fact energy cannot simply vanish. Energy is simply transfered. What we transfer it into, is up to us.
This is why I believe so strongly in it.

So someone who completely denies the BS that society tells them and fully believes that they can indeed bend a spoon, should be able to, yet... all I've ever seen are charlatans...

Uri Geller is a charlatan btw.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Onboard2

Originally posted by midicon
reply to post by SageBeno

Why not give yourself a break and forget all that nonsense?
All spoonbenders are fakers...look at idiots like Uri Geller etc...
Lastly...don't listen to idiots that encourage you.

It is NOT nonsense. People need to understand tha theyt are capable of much more than they know and take responsibility for their thoughts and actions. By raising our vibrational frequency, we can't be controlled.

Seriously, this is a case where the phrase "Pics or it didn't happen" is entirely relevant.

Record it for us, because if you can do it, you should also be able to win 1 million dollars by proving it to certain people.

And it'd pretty much shut everyone up about it, eh?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AK907ICECOLD
For the negative nancy's out there, we only use 10% of our brains, if that.... there's proof in the pudd'n, like my mentor has said.

Actually, we use all of it, just not all at the same time. Good ol' 10% myth for ya.

Or do you actually believe that if we were to have 90% of our total brain removed, we'd still be exactly who are are? We should be almost free of brain trauma patients, given the chance of damaging something important, if it's just all laying dormant waiting for us to bend spoons.

Check out MRI of people who have been tasked to think of certain things, or remember things, or try to solve things, and you see all areas of the brain spark to life.

10%... perhaps some of us do..

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by martianmallow

Did you watch the telekinesis videos I posted?

If not I encourage you to do so, I'm interested in your opinion.

Notice how he does all the 'tricks' that magicians use to conceal their sleight of hand?

Nothing to prove the spoon was not a trick spoon, nor some other illusion with the match.. certainly nothing to sway the opinion.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
while laying in my when i was younger i was concentrating on moving my ceiling fan around and after a while i actually did move it a tiny bit...sounds crazy but it took an intense amount of concentration

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by oneness86

while laying in my bed*

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I do not believe such a feat is possible.

Show me ONE SINGLE video of someone bending a spoon with their 'brain powers' . A video that hasnt been edited or CGI'd.

Thats what I thought... NONE!

edit on 22-1-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
On the topic of the movie" The men who stare at goats" the part where that general keeps running into the wall in an attemp to go through it. That is real. A close friend of mine was in pshycological operations in the military and has seen some pretty werid things that the military is putting much stake into. He wouldnt tell me specifics, because he knows I frequent this site, but he did tell me that guy running into the wall is very true.

Back on topic, I will say that I dont believe you can 'will' or 'think' the spoon into bending. It has to be subconcious and even then it has to be somthing your subconcious really wants to happen. Ive been in many situations that I have been late for a meeting and all the lights turned green and everyone moved out of my way. And if anyone here knows Houston traffic, they know this just doesnt happen. It wasnt until afterward that I thought back on it and was like "woah, did all that just happen?" Other times things have been happening and the second that I conciously recognized what was going on, it would stop.

So here's my recomendation for you. Pactice meditation. Seriously spend at least 30min aday meditating (there are great how-to's on youtube) and once you are confortable going into your 'happy place' trying just holding a spoon in your hand and then meditate. Dont 'think' about bending the spoon, just sit there quietly in your happy place with spoon in hand.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join