It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do they block the sun?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by lostjohnny

I seriously doubt this claim:

I got banned from posting on ContrailScience for putting links to this comany WEATHER MODIFICATION INC

LOL......you telling the whole truth?

WMI is a company that has noting at all to do with contrails. They provide a slew of different services, all weather-related of course.

One aspect of it is to induce rain, by so-called "cloud seeding". Hardly a reason to be "banned" from ContrailScience simply for linking to that company's website.

Want to come clean, and tell the whole story?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by lostjohnny

My roof Velux windows get covered in "proof" every few weeks. An even coating of black sticky stuff that just keeps coming back.

I'm not overlooked by any trees or buildings before you ask and it's a recent phenomenon.

Why wouldn't it be gunk blown from around your neighbourhood?

Since "chemtrails" have supposedly been around since the mid 1990's you saying that it is only recent pretty much disproves any link to them too!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

Indeed - there are plenty of posts on Contrail Science referring to Weather Modification Inc, and more on Metabunk too.

And AFAIK the only people who have been banned on Contrail Science are serial posters using multiple accounts to post identical long rants over several of the discussion boards - in which case the original gets retained and the others deleted.

Metabunk is a little different - people who are obvious trolls - who refuse to answer questions about their own posts and claims and rapidly skip subjects are the only ones who have been banned there lately.

I'm sure Uncinus will happily tell us more.

Perhaps this poster could say what his pseudonym was on CS for reference??

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
i'm from richmond virginia and i've noticed the same thing here. i wondered if anyone else would have deduced that the trails were purposely being made to intersect the sun's rays.

I've come to that conclusion from noticing where trails are made at certain times of the day. in richmond, there's ALWAYS at least 1 or 2 planes making chemtrails somewhere, if it's a 'clear' day. i've seen that they make them at certain heights in the sky in order to keep up with where the sun is, and how it's rays are projecting toward the city.

i've been able to see this happening because i have two jobs that work various hours, and i'm able to be outside at lots of different times of the day. I've also toured the country playing music and have seen that chemtrails aren't nearly as common in rural regions as they are in urban regions.

this has also led me to the conclusion that the trails are made in order to intersect the sun's rays in densely populated areas. they must do it over cities in order to affect the most people possible.

i've recently come across the works of Fritz Albert Popp and his studies about light frequency distortion by it's reflection off of different chemicals and materials.

he found that when light waves were projected at certain chemicals, the light would reflect off of the chemical at a different wave length than it had been projected. this could be analogous to what is happening in the atmosphere when the chemtrails block the sun's light.

~ the pure solar Light that's projected from the Sun (which provides us with imperative life-sustaining wave-lengths ) becomes re-arranged and distorted when it is refracted millions of times in the chemtrail created chem-clouds.

the real question is what exact chemicals are being dispersed into our breathing-air in order to diffuse the Sun's Light?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by lostjohnny
reply to post by FreeSpeaker

I got banned from posting on ContrailScience for putting links to this comany WEATHER MODIFICATION INC

Then they deleted all the previous posts I'd left.

Nobody is banned from ContrailScience at the moment, except for some spam bots.

There are plenty of posts about WMI. Someone even posted some spoof comments pretending to BE WMI. I lef them up. Here's one example:

contrailscience.com...-110657

A Google search for "weather modification inc" on contrailscience.com gives 25 results:

www.google.com...

I think people new to the chemtrail conspiracy theory (and who are also unfamiliar with the history of cloud seeding), tend to leap upon WMI as if it's some kind of evidence for something. Really it's just a cloud seeding company that has been in open operation for over 50 years.

They even put notices in the local paper when they are going to conduct weather modification operations. It's nothing secret.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by satoriku

" It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" -Aristotle

Objectivity is something we humans struggle with isn't it? Great quote there, thanks satoriku.

Personally, I think there is plenty of BS from both sides of this issue - the water is rather muddy in other words.

I think this topic is worthy of further investigation rather than all the verbal bashing.

But ponder this if you will.

Wouldn’t it be safe to say:

Not all contrails are chemtrails = TRUE

Not all contrails are contrails = TRUE

Plenty of evidence with the cloud seeding and even the experiments recently revealed from the UK. UK Germ Testing
Certainly, one could entertain that if they were to see a contrail from cloud seeding it could be considered a chemtrail?
They spray for bugs, crops and of course the cloud seeding. Yes of course bugs and crops are not in the sky, but just to say that it is not out of the ordinary for a plane to have spraying apparatus.

We know all contrails are contrails. NOT_TRUE

We know all contrails are chemtrails. NOT_TRUE

Looks like a standoff to me.

Just as the huge increases of cars caused (low lying visible) atmospheric issues we shouldn't ignore the effect of all the millions of air vehicles zipping all over the world each and every single day.

Take a look at the data from the Dulles International. The first table shows the huge increase in operations just from 1960-9. It looks like a 30x increase in the span of just 9 years!

www.mwaa.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by metalshredmetal

Do you not realize how this makes you sound?:

this has also led me to the conclusion that the trails are made in order to intersect the sun's rays in densely populated areas.

Do you understand perspective, and angles and distance?

Let's say a city is 50 miles in diameter. How big is Richmond? Pick a size, any size.....

Contrails are at an altitude above the ground of between 6 to 8 miles. Got that? Now....you, on the ground, you move 25 miles (let's say, for example). Any idea how the perspective will then change, when you then look, again, at the contrails, and their relationship to where the Sun is in the sky?

If you can't visualize it, try this......a 4 x 4 beam of wood is over your head, 8 feet above your head so I'm being generous, since that's 14 feet above the ground) and it's "blocking" the Sun when you look up.

Now, move ten feet at an angle from that wooden beam. Now where is the Sun? Still being "blocked"?

If that's not good enough, try this: A contrail is (let's say) 200 feet wide...(just an example). It is casting a shadow on the ground. How wide do you think that shadow is?? Would you say about 200 feet wide? Maybe a bit more, let's account for atmospheric scattering .... I'll give you double the width.

Move out of that shadow in only 400 feet then.

NO contrail can "block" the Sun!! It is a simple, ordinary strip of cirrus cloud.....composed of tiny ice crystals.

Now.....re-read the statement I quoted above, and try to gain some perspective on this.......

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by explorer14

Logic mistakes:

SO far, correct.

Ooops......FALSE

Contrails are contrails. Period.

Plenty of evidence with the cloud seeding....

Which have nothing to do with contrails. At all. Period.

.... and even the experiments recently revealed from the UK. UK Germ Testing

Which have nothing to do with contrails. At all. Period.

THIS video shows an airplane from the era you referenced, the "UK Germ Testing" link. This is showing the airplane at only a few thousand feet above the ground. This is part of the infamous "Porton Down" footage, which was a part of the experiments you referenced in the Guardian UK article:

NOTE the differences. The video is quite plain to see, isn't it?
edit on Mon 23 January 2012 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird

Logic mistakes:

SO far, correct.

Ooops......FALSE

Contrails are contrails. Period.

Yes, the term contrail does not change in its meaning. Perhaps it might be better to say something like an aerial plume.

Thanks for the clip though.
edit on 23-1-2012 by explorer14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
To answer your question in the Original Post, I would say that, yes, it does seem that the chemtrails in my area are put there to block out the sunlight. Why? I really don't know. But they fly up and down the same area so that it is cloudy there by the time the sun is in it's downward trend, almost every day. But not every day. Every now and then the sky will be clear with normal looking contrails.

It would be nice to see more people attempting to answer the question put forth in the OP instead of arguing over contrails/chemtrails - that is so old and gone over so many times. Whatever they are called, I believe they are not right.

Peace

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   

The meaning of 'contrail' is simple:

A truncated word, to indicate what it means -- a condensation trail. Or, a trail of condensation. Or condensed water trail. ('water', but really in the form of ice in the class of contrail being discussed here. Certainly there can be the types of condensation trails that are composed of tiny droplet of liquid water, but they evaporate very quickly. Examples below).

But first
  • Merriam-Webster definition:

: streaks of condensed water vapor created in the air by an airplane or rocket at high altitudes

Origin of CONTRAIL

condensation trail
    First Known Use: 1943

Of course, at altitudes where commercial jets cruise (typically above 29,000 feet) it is ALWAYS well below freezing....so the water vapor that condenses into liquid water then freezes almost immediately into ice particles. This forms various varieties of contrail....some short-lived, since conditions allow them to sublimate and return to vapor state...others persist longer, due to prevailing conditions. The science is well-known on this.

Here, this shows the type of condensation trail typically formed that is liquid water, and it evaporates soon after leaving the condition (in this case, the condition is the air is being compressed in a localized location, due to airflow, and cannot contain all of the vapor it holds...so some vapor must condense out into water. AS soo as the compression is reduced, the water evaporates quickly back to vapor state:

On a turboprop airplane, the propeller blades also cause the compression of the air, locally...and can form condensation trials that are not ice, but tiny liquid water droplets (mini clouds):

And here, definitely not below freezing.....and in the rain, 100% humidity. SO the water vapor has no where to go, but into liquid state:

• posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:49 AM
    link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
    The hurricane must have blown all those "contrails" out of the atmosphere I guess,

No, just killed the power, which killed the light pollution. If you want to really see the milky way just get far away from any light sources

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:58 AM
    link   
    Without sounding like a complete Jack hole here, I really have to question the intelligence of some here...

How can you not understand that just because there is a trail in front of the sun from your perspective does not make it so somewhere else?

So when you say that a trail is blocking the sun, you are coming off as a complete moron because it's visibly only covering a tiny percentage of the sun, to everyone else, theres nothing in front of the sun.

It's the same reason why eclipses can only be seen from certain places, the same reason why half the planet is dark while the other half is lit.

Same reason you can go and stand in the shade.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:35 AM
    link   
    reply to post by GrinchNoMore

When was the last time you saw a real clear sky at night ?? The last time i did was about 15 years ago, and its getting less all the time.

Then you're not looking up often enough, to borrow a phrase from the pro mob. There were several clear nights only last week where the stars were beautiful. The biggest obstacle to seeing a clear sky at night is light from street lamps. Otherwise, do you think all those millions of telescopes used by amateur as well as professional astronomers are just aiming at clouds?

We DO NOT need planes flying all around creating clouds , It amazes me that you think it is "NORMAL".

We do not need millions of road vehicles pumping carbon monoxide constantly only a few feet away from our, and our children's, faces. But we do need transport so we put up with it. It amazes me that people like you fixate on aeroplanes.

I have seen you say that since the planes are flying higher,, they are causing more contrails.

No evidence of any SAVINGS on my plane ticket at all ?!??!

Where is the evidence that we need to fly planes at an altitude that creates clouds ???

So, is it the pollution that bothers you, or the visibility of the trail? You sound like another of those that would be happy for planes to fly lower so you can't see a trail, despite increased fuel burn putting out more pollution than they do now. Why would you not have a problem with that? You write as if you are utterly unaware that pollutants from a jet exhaust are there whether you can see a contrail or not.

You ask for evidence that planes need to fly that high. Do you deny that the air is thinner the higher you go and that it would make sense for planes to fly at a height where the air is thinnest to reduce drag but still thick enough for the wings to generate enough lift? It is cheaper for planes to fly there, some evidence for that is that ALL the airlines do it, when driving down operating costs is something that airlines all over the world are desperate to do.
    edit on 23-1-2012 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:05 AM
    link   

That is a nice attempt to find a middle ground, which is a laudable aim, however your posts asks us to ignore the truths that cloud seeding is always done from small aircraft, at low level, directly over a pre existing cumulous type cloud and never leaves a visible trail. These are all rather crucial points when looking at long contrails high in the sky.

This is why the attempts to rope it into Chemtrail theory are doomed to silliness.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:24 AM
    link   

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:27 AM
    link   

Originally posted by waynos
    reply to post by pshea38

Do you mean like this?

No, not quite. The barbs or hooks are much more defined initially.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:30 AM
    link   

Originally posted by ProudBird
    reply to post by Anim8tr

No, the contrails are not there to "block the Sun".

The Earth rotates, correct? Giving the illusion that the Sun travels across the sky, correct?? Is the Sun always the same place in the sky?? NO it is not. Is that true?

Now.....the routes flown by those jets will be roughly the same place, directly above points on the ground, each day (for those routes). The contrails (when they form) will be in that same general direction and distance from your position, where you filmed them from. Correct? So, if that was morning, when you shot the footage, where will the Sun be at Noon? At 17:00?

Further more......let's say at the time you shot that footage, you got in a car and then drove so that those contrails, which are off in the distance from your point of view, were now directly OVER your head, since you changed position and are moving in the direction of the Sun. NOW what? Is the Sun being "blocked" by those same contrails? Or even better, to eliminate the time needed for the drive, perhaps you could phone someone who was physically present in the location where they were directly beneath the contrails, and ask them if the contrails were "blocking" the Sun?

Use some common sense, please.

Now....those are nothing but normal contrails, which means they are nothing but ordinary forms of cirrus clouds. It is a fact that modern jet engines make contrails, when the conditions are suitable, and that the contrails will indicate the path the jet has flown, by their presence afterwards. You can also see the airplanes in flight, nowadays, thanks to companies that provide this tracking service online.

Here is FlightRadar24, which is great for tracking flights in Europe, especially. It will not show ALL commercial civilian jets though.....about 70% to 75% of them. Because, from their own description---

(Go to the "About" tab):

How Flightradar24 works

Introduction to Flightradar24
    Flightradar24 shows live airplane traffic from different parts around the world. The technique to receive flight information from aircraft is called ADS-B. That means the Flightradar24 can only show information about aircraft equipped with an ADS-B transponder. Today about 60% (about 30% in USA and about 70% in Europe) of the passenger aircraft and only a small amount of military and private aircraft have an ADS-B transponder.

Somebody get me a bucket before I puke.

I see why you have an interest in planes as you would clearly need one to get up on that extremely high horse you seem to prance around on.

Now Bird...do you really have to keep regurgitating these useless links to flight tracking websites that by your own admission track only 60% of 'commercial' aircraft? We all know about them, they can't prove anything, and you're not impressing anyone.

ProudBird said -
    "Now.....the routes flown by those jets will be roughly the same place, directly above points on the ground, each day (for those routes). The contrails (when they form) will be in that same general direction and distance from your position, where you filmed them from. Correct? So, if that was morning, when you shot the footage, where will the Sun be at Noon? At 17:00?

Use some common sense, please."

Right back at you buddy. The usual result is that these trails will continue to develop and all that will be left is a completely cloud covered sky. That means...it doesn't matter where the sun is. Now... given that the general response from the con-tale side of the fence is that this is normal behaviour for persitant contrails what is your excuse for that rediculous attempt at an argument.

'Now....those are nothing but normal contrails, which means they are nothing but ordinary forms of cirrus clouds'

I believe that if they were 'normal contrails' then contrail cirrus would be a far more accurate description than 'ordinary cirrus clouds' don't you think?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:53 AM
    link   

Originally posted by waynos
    reply to post by pshea38

As well as the previous image, there is the one running diagonally from the middle left to the bottom right corner of this picture;

And if that is what defines a chemtrail to you, what of the other trails in this photo?
    edit on 22-1-2012 by waynos because: (no reason given)

Again, not quite.
    People with eyes know what I am talking about.
    I suppose you can show that all these trails are normal contrails?

Here is my testimony, Where Have All The Planes Gone!, and I tell you now that nothing has changed.

I don't want to believe all this BS but I am left with NO other alternatives/options.
    Planes are spraying something, for some reason. Now I am aware of JFK, 9/11, 7/7,
    Operation Paperclip, Gulf of Tonkin, vaccines, flouride, aspertame etc. so
    It would be foolish in the extreme to assume that they are now acting for my
    benefit- especially as everything is so vehemently denied, thus offending my
    intelligence- so I won't. And if someone is trying to harm me and those I care about,
    well, I take umbrage.

You are trying to deceive me also, whether purposely or not, in attempting to get me
    to not put any faith in my sense or my senses, and I take umbrage.

edit on 23-1-2012 by pshea38 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:19 AM
    link   

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join