It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First time in South Africa: Very loud sound 11:30pm 21 Jan 2012

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Firstly I must mention that the loud sound in the sky reports have taught me something about human nature and perhaps more specifically about myself.

While I read these threads about the sounds in the sky with much interest and fascination, I simply could not make it a reality. While I am very open minded, perhaps even gullible, I have learn to check out the facts before joining the convinced crowds (or minories).

However, as interesting as i found these occurences of the loud sky sounds, I could not really get my brain to take it in as anything more than strange or unreal. There was this constant little voice saying: 'it is probablly something not so out of the ordinary.' It is a bit like people talking about 'rospetorremeraal'. (A word my father made up and used when he teased us as children.) You don't have any understanding of it, it is not in your life experience. It does not exist and your brain cannot make a picture of it.

Then, last night at 11:30 I was woken from sleep by the loudest noise I have ever heard. It sounded like it was rignt inside me! it was so loud. In this sound I could hear a kind of propulsion, but very deep and extremely loud, like no aircraft we had ever heard of could ever make. It got louder and louder. It was not just a propulsion. This beating sound was encased by another sounds which you might hear if you are standing inside the actual machine of a massive fatory. That is the only way I can describe it but it is not even an accurate description.

I ran outside to check the sky, even thoug I was scared. It is frightening experiencing something that seems to dominate your entire world so suddenly, without forewarning, when the brain has never experienced anything like it. There was nothing. Nada. No lights or anything unusual. WTF??

It lasted about 15 minutes and then slowly got softer and softer, and then disappeared. It sounded like it flew away. Like the sound got further and further away.

This went of for a good 15 minutes. I could kick myself. That afternoon my daughter wanted to play on my blackberry, recording voice notes to BBM to her sister. She had a ball and really made me smile.

But standing there, at 11:40, desperate to record the sound, I could kick myself for not asking her how to do it. She has now shown me, of course. Not that I would have had the clarity of mind to work it out so quickly while just about wetting my undies!

So, South Africa has now joined the ranks of the sounds in the sky. Perhaps this is not the first time it has been heard in our neck of the woods, but this is probably the first reported time here on ATS.

I would have posted this earlier, but my internet access ran out of data. I am normally frugal enough to see it through to the end of the month, but as we have our summer break in December and January, my little princess helped me to finish it before payday. Anyway, I bought another gig this afternoon just to share this on ATS. I could not possibly wait until the end of the month!

edit on 22-1-2012 by UnlimitedSky because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-1-2012 by UnlimitedSky because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-1-2012 by UnlimitedSky because: spelling spelling spelling! Pew! Not that this is now correct, just understandable. I hope.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Yea, I believe ya.

I believe you heard an aeroplane. Congrats.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Logman

Hope your first time is soon. So you can get with the program!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by UnlimitedSky

If it's hit South Africa then perhaps us Australians and NZers will get our turn in the coming days.....

by saying that, I know there is some rough weather arriving shortly for South Africa

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Hello UnlimitedSky,

I heard it too in Montreal. So did other people.

You might want to take a look and a listen to StealthyKat's thread where she recorded it to see if it's the same:

I finally recorded the weird sound in the sky!

S&F.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

You mean the floods in 8 of our 9 provinces is not it yet? Pew! We seem to be dancing as fast as we can but they are forever speeding up the music!

www.bbc.co.uk...

South Africa has declared eight of its nine provinces disaster areas after 41 people died in floods in a month.

Co-operative Government Minister Sicelo Shiceka said the flood damage is estimated at $51 million (£32 million).
South Africa's airforce has been assisting in rescue efforts and the recovery of bodies since the weekend.

I am sure I read somewhere on ATS that Australian has already had their turn. Before South Africa. Yes! here it is:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Hello Son of the Sun. (What a lovely name and avatar. Me likes!)

Unfortunately for me, if I play even one vid, it will be the end of my data. Again. I use a prepaid internet USB 'stick' thingy. Vids eats the data, so better not for now. I will take a listen to it the beginning of the month, when I buy a lot of data at a time. Uncapped 24/7 access to the internet here is very expensive.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

This noise thing has to come to a head soon, people all over are hearing it, I heard something similar up here in Montana. And it stays with you, Im looking forward to solving the mystery.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logman
Yea, I believe ya.

I believe you heard an aeroplane. Congrats.

An Aeroplane? Is it that much of a stretch to just spell, airplane

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Sometimes i hear noises in the sky and then i assume they're space ships!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ClydeFrog42
Sometimes i hear noises in the sky and then i assume they're space ships!

I never understand the peckers here on ATS, why make fun?
Does it really help your ego making jabs at people over the internet? Your worse than a "telephone tough guy"

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Irish614

Aeroplane is used in the UK. My narrow minded american friend
You should really know that, considering the word in your nickname
edit on 22-1-2012 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Hey dude.... what province/area are you in?

I've had similar experiences with low-flying planes (where the flat I was living in starting vibrating and the sound is deafening)... that said they don't last for 15 minutes; 30 seconds tops...

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Howzit! Which province/city are you at? Spent most of my time outside last night and didnt hear anything. Im in Durban.
I have heard the dull humming sound over the last few months though, very clearly.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Ive been following this fascinating topic for a couple weeks now. Im new here to ats ,being immediately drawn toward the topics surrounding unexplained mysteries and natural events of the earth . Thank God for the mysteries of life and our world, if we always knew what to expect and nothing new ever occoured here under the sun , it would be one hell of a mundane world.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by StrangeCottageCheese

Dudette here,

Let me tell you, this is no low flying Jumbo! Not even a fleet of all our helicopters could do this!

I live in Pierre van Ryneveld, Centurion, Gauteng. Hope you get to experience this. It is unexplainable. Yes, we have the Airforce basis here close by, but I am used to their noise.

This is a horse of a totally different colour. I can assure you.
Also, I check the sky, and there was nothing up there. A plane cannot make this noise in the sky for more than a couple of seconds. It lasted at least 15 minutes.

I have not thought of much else today. I learnt that we are limited by our experiences. Our field of belief only stretches to what happens to us.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Here in Sicily I've had my ears open like a rabbit at a carrot convention - but - I've not hear anything yet.
At least it's getting closer - though still far...
Thanks for posting - I'll be the first to let you know when/if it 'happens' here!

peace

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Just to add a bit of leavening,

I was really shook up by the sounds too, and I really believe, so far, that some of them are very real, but

I feel like I have PTSD or something. There are all sorts of noises around where I live and about 70% of them lately, make me think that I am hearing 'The Sound', which is actually quite funny as long as I keep my sense of humour..

I have been wanting to share this story because it cracked me up so bad...

Just this last Friday I was in at about 10:00 p.m. doing homework. There was a part of me, I suppose, listening for 'The Sound' and I'll be damned if I did not begin to hear a rhythmic droning, 'rumbling' sound that was setting up a vibration.

I could not believe it, was it 'The Sound'!? I hesitantly opened the door and sure enough, there was the droning sound, coming in rhythmic pulses that I could just feel in my chest.

I poked my head over the fence but could not see the street or really the sky and was confused about where the noise was coming from. I went back in the house to get my Flip so I could at least get the sound for ATS.

So I start creeping outside looking around and just as i hit the driveway I see the source of 'The Sound' go by.

Yes, there is actually a guy on a gas powered minibike riding up and down the street. And because the street has tall houses and trees on either side the noise from the motor of the thing is echoing and rebounding and vibrating in a throbbing rhythmic pulsation as he goes by.

I stood out there for a while, figuring that if I could get him doing this on video it would be uproariously funny on ATS.

But he was finished for the night.

I was too.

X.
edit on 22-1-2012 by Xoanon because:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by princeguy

Its called a joke, captain sandy J, get used to it.

Didn't intend to hurt your feewings.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by princeguy

I personally think it's a military experiment for the lead up to something more bizarre later this year. Just a gut feeling.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join