It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions for the "I hate government" folks

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Ookie

Great ideas my fellow countryman!
One thing in your post that I disagree with is the issuing of guns and forcing people to go to boot camp. While violence is sometimes inevitable (self defense), our people shouldn't be forced to practice it.
We have plenty of money (if appropriated right) in this country to be able to pay the brave men and women who decide to make the military their occupation.

edit on 22-1-2012 by Salamandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ookie
What it would take for me to be proud of my government:

Repeal every law that has no authorization in the constitution.
Issue every American a m-16 and at 18 require everyone (male and female) to go through boot camp.

And where is that authorization found in the Constitution?

That's my problem with the so-called "freedom force". They want freedoms they agree with, but would make laws to reduce other people's freedoms in a HEARTBEAT! What if someone doesn't WANT to go to boot camp?

And finally I want the right to roam at will through any and all woods. Not within sight of peoples houses, but in the woods. I despise people who buy large tracts of land then put No Trespassing signs up and call the cops on anyone who dares walk in their woods.

So, you want the government to protect YOUR freedom to roam at will on other people's land... but disregard the freedom of people to be secure in their persons and property... What would be the Constitutional authority on that law?

Interesting.

Also want a ban on building withing 100ft of any waterway

Constitutional authority, please?

:shk: "Ban what I don't like and leave alone what I like"! That's freedom to MOST. But if you wanted REAL freedom, you wouldn't be FORCING people to attend boot camp, DISREGARDING private property security and BANNING constructions where YOU want.

That doesn't sound like freedom.
edit on 1/22/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I actually have my own coherent theory on how the government can be replaced.
Shall i share?

I also have another idea besided that one, municipal home rule from the sest level.
So city states, with temhe governemnt in a limited calacity as mediator, but castrated.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Open_Minded Skeptic

Smaller Gumment would have to be honest, more eyes would be on one person rather than a whole agency that would shift blame from one person to the other until the questions just go away.
Kind of like the "GUNWALKER" scandal, how are those proceedings going?

Why do we not take legal action?
Well, we do sometimes.
Let's use the above answer and an analogy, you roll one marble down the hill.
It is easy to grab.
Now you roll a bucket of marbles down the same hill and try to pick out a specific one.
Never gonna happen, smaller is easier to control.
After awhile folks just give up and stop pursuing their marbles.
You could say, we're losing our marbles!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

Maybe not even that.
We all love a maverick.
What we dont like is stupid people in charge, and thats exactly what governement is.
Cannot be trusted.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Salamandy

Correct!
I vote with my dollar, if I do not like your business, I just won't patronize it.
Very simple I think.
As far as seatbelt laws, they do not bother me as I truly believe they save lives, and driving is not a right.
But hey that is for some overpaid shark to argue not me.
Law or not, I'd wear mine.
And for the nip slip ... ... ... GIMME A FRIGGIN BREAK!!!
We wasted soooooooo much cash looking into....what?
It's a tit for goddess sake!
We have all seen one, hell some of the people who read this actually have their own.
Hell I'm fat and old, if I press hard enough, I could make mine look the same!!

Just a bunch of stupid little things that we are bombarded with.
Make all of the Gumment go away and let the communities rule themselves and appoint posse/sheriffs to quell the roaming bands.
We'd do just fine, we have for thousands of years to our knowlege.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Nice title.. I read as much as you took the time to know me and my opinions before labeling me..

Obvious de-railer, dis-info here. Just trying to bash and spread hate.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by RadiatorOfTheLight

You sure you posted in the right thread? No one labeled you or spread hate... This is your first post in the thread... What are you talking about?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Salamandy

Agreed on the gun laws.
If a person believes that guns make people evil then by all means, I believe they shouldn't have guns.
As for me and the rest of us who can think critically and realize that a gun is just a tool, we can have them as we know it is just a piece of steel, plastic, whatever.
So, if you believe you cannot own a gun responsibly, govern yourself and do not own one!
But do not try to govern my choices.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Mini nukes for everyone!
Imagine the headlines: san francisco blown up accidently by burgler intrusion

Nah, just kidding, totally agreed, right to bear arms is a right, only idiotic commies would dispute it.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by Open_Minded Skeptic

Smaller Gumment would have to be honest, more eyes would be on one person rather than a whole agency that would shift blame from one person to the other until the questions just go away.
Kind of like the "GUNWALKER" scandal, how are those proceedings going?

Why do we not take legal action?
Well, we do sometimes.
Let's use the above answer and an analogy, you roll one marble down the hill.
It is easy to grab.
Now you roll a bucket of marbles down the same hill and try to pick out a specific one.
Never gonna happen, smaller is easier to control.
After awhile folks just give up and stop pursuing their marbles.
You could say, we're losing our marbles!

Good point... a smaller gov't would provide fewer places for the scoundrels to hide... agreed.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

If my 22LR pocket pistol could kill thousands of people with one pull of the trigger, then I could agree with your idea.
Luckily it cannot.
So if I get stupid with my gun, I understand many will come after me.
Most people that think clearly realize this, and those who do not, end up dead.
Bigger Gumment never helps the little guy, but freedoms do.
The "nuke" argument holds no water, never did.
But "they" sure tried, didn't they?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Salamandy
Further enemies of freedom are those who:

Get all up in arms about their personal favorite freedoms being protected, and do NOT stand up just as quickly and just as passionately for the freedoms of those with whom they disagree.

This is rampant in the US today, and is a major problem.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

What he/she said.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I don't want to get rid of the government entirely, I just want to weed out the corrupt, greedy, power hungry...... Well, maybe I DO want to get rid of them. All I ask for is a form of government that protects my rights instead of trying to find another way to restrict them according to their interpretation of Free. If you look, more and more laws are being written to "guide" us. Yeah, right into a jail cell or GitMo. It is open warfare on the Constitution and a citizen who 20 years ago was called a Proud American is now being portrayed as a homegrown terrorist. It is not hard to imagine open revolt and armed marches on Washington and I think they know it's coming. You can only kick a dog so often and then it's going to bite back, no matter how you try to sooth it. They have no one to blame but themselves.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by BBalazs

If my 22LR pocket pistol could kill thousands of people with one pull of the trigger, then I could agree with your idea.
Luckily it cannot.
So if I get stupid with my gun, I understand many will come after me.
Most people that think clearly realize this, and those who do not, end up dead.
Bigger Gumment never helps the little guy, but freedoms do.
The "Wnuke" argument holds no water, never did.
But "they" sure tried, didn't they?

Sorry i was totally kidding.
I never realized there would be someone so stupid as the propose the mininuke agruement.
I totally made it up.
Right to bear arms and right to overthrow (in theory) are only 2 freedoms left, pretty much:-/

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I'd replace it with God's government. That's right....God's word; which is JUST AND FAIR. It says a lot about how we should govern our lives...as well as those that live around us...called: "Neighbors".

And for those of you, that may try to go "Religious"....Don't!!! Unfortunately, you haven't studied enough of God's word to even go there. I don't know what you've learned in church, school, and home...but i ASSURE you, it's all twisted. When you dedicate, as much time, digging through the Scriptures, seeking answers; like you do on ATS, seeking answers...then, we can have an INTELLECTUAL conversation, about God's word.

IF we were all on the same page...regarding God's word.....NONE of the crap in our world, would be going on. But, people would rather nit pick, instead of seeking TRUTH!!! They'd rather live a 'comfortable' life, instead of making waves. They'd rather do what "the man" says, instead of what the HEART of man, is telling him.

Yeah, sure...there's LOTS of things wrong with our society, but PEOPLE, are what a society is made up off. WE are that society...and WE are what's wrong with it!!!

"RIGHTEOUSNESS EXALTS A NATION!"

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by nuttin4U
I'd replace it with God's government. That's right....God's word; which is JUST AND FAIR. It says a lot about how we should govern our lives...as well as those that live around us...called: "Neighbors".

And for those of you, that may try to go "Religious"....Don't!!! Unfortunately, you haven't studied enough of God's word to even go there. I don't know what you've learned in church, school, and home...but i ASSURE you, it's all twisted. When you dedicate, as much time, digging through the Scriptures, seeking answers; like you do on ATS, seeking answers...then, we can have an INTELLECTUAL conversation, about God's word.

IF we were all on the same page...regarding God's word.....NONE of the crap in our world, would be going on. But, people would rather nit pick, instead of seeking TRUTH!!! They'd rather live a 'comfortable' life, instead of making waves. They'd rather do what "the man" says, instead of what the HEART of man, is telling him.

Yeah, sure...there's LOTS of things wrong with our society, but PEOPLE, are what a society is made up off. WE are that society...and WE are what's wrong with it!!!

"RIGHTEOUSNESS EXALTS A NATION!"

Actually you make good points.
I am an athesit myself, but if people just followed the teachings of the bible (the main ones or any other religion, do not kill, etc), that would do.
We are indeed society.
And we are killing ourselves, by restricting our freedoms.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Open_Minded Skeptic

Originally posted by Salamandy
Further enemies of freedom are those who:

Get all up in arms about their personal favorite freedoms being protected, and do NOT stand up just as quickly and just as passionately for the freedoms of those with whom they disagree.

This is rampant in the US today, and is a major problem.

I agree. Like I said, stuff like murder, theft - things where you are harming someone, or their property physically - that should be against the law.

If it is illegal to possess certain things such as guns for example, then why is it legal to have a car with the ability to go over the highest posted national speed limit? Automobile accidents are high up there in leading cause of death and speed is often a factor.
Instead of doing the slippery slope thing, how about the government starts removing many laws from our law books? If they did this, the gov would essentially be standing up for most of my country's freedom and not just an arbitrary few.
edit on 22-1-2012 by Salamandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Open_Minded Skeptic

Good point... So that sounds more like people are fed up with how government is currently implemented, not the concept of government itself.

Would you agree?

I do.

The U.S. Goverment has gone absolutely nuts, and the mainstream media zombies keep voting this crap back into office until it becomes so corrupt that there is no way to stop it.

If we all vote for someone that isn't on board with their agenda, then they rigg the vote to fix the problem.

We keep attacking countries for no reason at all. The War on Terrorism is an insult to our intelligence. There is no ending terrorism, especially when the terrorists (USA and any country dumb enough to support it) are the ones claiming to be the "good guys".

We need less capitolism, corporations and money. We need less foreign policy and less of an overseas military presence. We should be using our military to DEFEND our country.

Give the barter system back to the hard working families. If you want something from China, then go to China yourself and get it.

People are letting the suits tell them what is wrong and what is right, and it sickens me.

Turn off the damn TV and go make a real difference. These days, voting is just a big waste of time.

No matter who gets elected, we'll keep bombing poor brown people (like the terrorists we've always been).

People say "support the troops". Why? There's no draft. These people volunteered for that crap. I have a little tolerance for people who joined right after 9/11 (it was an emotional time).

But since the Iraq war began, anyone who joined from that point on is a lowlife moron, and they are traitors of the American people, and whores for big business.

To hell with them. I have no sympathy for any of them.

Once again; Traitors

Flag.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join