It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On reflection a good night for Paul

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
South Carolina was a winner take all state. For RP's campaign 4th matters not.

Now Gingrich will not be elected - i am sure of it. He is not even competing for ~450 of the ~2300 delegates because he has failed to make the ballot in some states.

Current

Gingrich 25 delegates
Romney 14
Paul 10
Santorum 8

Romney proved once again that he cannot break new ground and can easily be passed - this means people are are voting for him in polls but are very unsure and dont really want him. As soon as an alternative comes along they jump ship - happened with both Santorum and Gingrich. I believe many would vote for Paul when Santorum and Gingrich are gone.

Given that Santorum is also off the ballot in many states, both Paul and Romney share ~450 delegates as a head start on both Gingrich and Santorum, so this is really a race between Romney and Paul.

The bottom line is Paul lost no ground to Romney - he is just 4 delegates behind. And Romneys bull# is beginning to show. Give it another couple of months and he will be falling badly.

The stage is set for Ron Paul. His strategy of focusing effort on high delegate states may just yet pay off. Texas for instance has 155 delegates on offer.

Go Ron!

edit on 22/1/2012 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
well well well stars and flags with no replays , looks like paul supporters are giving up ? not so fast peace lovers, he still has a chance as the OP mentioned , i was going to make a similar thread but he beat me to it , but i have a video to back it up , here you go Paul lovers:

yes you heard it right : 564 delegates to be split between Paul and Romney

Doug Weade on MSNBC saying the same thing

and here is he agin on FOX saying the same thing again

gota love the guy , he is full of confidence

GO RON PAUL 2012

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Where are you getting your numbers?
Paul recieved no delegates in Iowa, I don't know where your info is from. I wish he did.. but he didn't.

I have
Newt: 23
Romney: 19
Santorum: 13
Paul: 3

elections.nytimes.com...

So how about a source on your numbers.
edit on 22-1-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I don't think where RP placed is as important or as telling as how well Gingrich did. The fact that Newt could garner 40% of the vote speaks volumes about voters and SC in particular. We're screwed. Exactly HOW can a purportedly 'socially conservative' state elect a guy who has bailed on two wives when they were in the throes of life threatening and/or life altering seroius illnesses, committed mutiple acts of adultery, been the target of FBI investigations, lost his House speakership over ethics violations all the while touting the 'sanctity of marriage'? Because he is a 'changed man' and 'God showed him the error of his ways'? Holy crap SC! Here's an idea that will significantly help the South Carolina economy, I suggest you go through your prison system and see how many of those people are 'changed men' and have seen the 'errors of their ways' and let them out. Look how much money you can save. You could probably nearly close down your prison system. What maroons.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
4th place is a sign you are going to win????
2nd place is not as good as 4th, but its still better than 1st???
1st place is a sure thing that you are going to lose???

do you understand what 1st place means???
do you understand what 4th place means???

this thread has gone over my head...

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
A good night for Ron Paul???

Ron Paul supporters...I admit that you are passionate and dedicated...but you may have an issue with being rational.

Ron Paul fans said he was a sure win in Iowa...he got third...and apparently couldn't even secure any majority in any of the congressional districts so he gets zero delegates from there (conflicting repors about that). Then he was going to surprise everyone in NH...he got second...not a bad showing. But he hyped up his chances in SC...with his "major game changing endorsement"...and he got last place. He isn't going to even try in FL. So that is 4 states...and 4 loses...and in two of the, SC and FL, he is going to place dead last.

And yet...you guys think that Ron Paul is doing GREAT.

Optimism is one thing...delusional thinking is quite another.

top topics

join