It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTF are all those " HELLO FRIEND" ads about?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I googled, asked jeeves, yahoo answers it, binged it and then tried every .com,.org,.gov I can think of but nothing, the closest I have come is speculation it is to generate ad revenue by getting you to search engine it and looking at sites telling you nothing.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by reddwhite

I'm not sure if these are the ones you're talking about, but this is what I came across:

I live in central Florida and lately there have been these short TV ad spots having some random person (a little girl hanging upside down on monkey bars, a guy making pizza) saying “hello friend”. Then the screen turns blue and there’s a logo that simply says “hellofriend” in white text with some kind of tiny swoosh mark under it.

These are lead PSA ads for Bright House Networks!

Source

I haven't seen the ads but this is what I found when I googled "Hello friend ads". Sorry if it's not what you meant

edit on 22-1-2012 by Casandra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Casandra

Yes those are the ads I was talking about, thanks. Now that you mention it I should have caught on to the brughthouse smile logo below the lettering, good call.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by reddwhitethese ads are creepy. What's even stranger is that nobody is taking credit for them, and it is as if they didn't exist when you try to research who is funding these ads. I don't believe they are Bright House ads. Whoever made these commercials has no clue about the american public. They more resemble the kind of ads you'd play to a country that you just defeated with the hope of calming the public.

new topics

top topics

join