It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Disclosure: Will It Happen?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
There will still be covert funding on top of the open funding , no matter what they disclose . Plausible deniability of covert funding is a well thought tool and can get better results when the other side has no clue . An Ace in the hole .

If they did disclose everything , who is going to want a non competition clause signed sealed and delivered in effect ? The trust factor between countries and corporations have been in the dumper for a very long time .

They are not going to disclose the things that they have discovered they have no answer to . Would make them appear not as smart as they would like everyone to view them as . Esp when they are looking for the brightest and best in the respected fields . Credibility is sure to be questioned , what an ego trip .

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by wlasikiewicz

I always have an open mind.

In the 1960's I was told the world was definitely going to end in 1974.
In 1974 when the world did not end, I was told it was surely going to end in 1976.
In 1976 when the world did not end, I was told it was surely going to end shortly before 2000
When the world did not end in 2000, I was told it was surely going to end in 2012.

Prior to the year 2000 I never even heard of the Mayan calender and I was always searching for esoteric knowledge.

Do you catch my drift....?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
While I don't have any statistical analysis to prove it, in the absence of the same in support of the claim, I don't think I can agree at this point that there are more UFO sightings/videos/reports than in decades past. I've been watching for decades, and sightings, reports, and footage all seem to show up at about the same rate. If anything, I'd say there were more frequent and well advertised sightings during the 1990s due to the huge sci-fi/UFO/abduction craze that came about back then due to shows like Sightings and the X-Files. It was in the public consciousness a lot more then if my memory serves.

There are a lot more YouTube videos of indistinct lights in recent years, to be sure, but the vast majority of those are readily explained through mundane means, and that could easily be chalked up to the ubiquity of video phones now. (Which is certainly not to discount the few that have yet to be explained. As in all UFO research, those "few" are the crux of the matter.) I could be wrong. Maybe there are statistically more sightings now than in years past, and if so, please provide me with that data, as I'd be interested in seeing it. I am not asserting my opinion as a fact, but merely expressing my subjective perception based on personal experience.

As for the claims of "the Russians" spotting life on Venus, if you read that topic thoroughly it becomes evident that there doesn't appear to be any relevant research published by the physicist the stories claim made the discovery, and that the webpage for the agency ostensibly credited with it shows nothing of the sort. The only information anyone was able to find on this supposed physicist were other related stories, like one where he says aliens created the Nazca lines with high powered lasers, and another where he says the solar system was created by aliens. I.e. - at least that I can see - there is no hard proof or compelling evidence that would persuade me that life has been spotted on Venus by legitimate Russian scientists. I could be wrong, so if you have access to evidence to the contrary please let me know.

Failing that though, I have to pint out that disclosure has been promised, advertised, predicted, and outright prophesized for countless dates over the years. For as long as I've been enamored with these subjects (going on 20 years now) there have been claims that disclosure was imminent, and I have every reason to believe it has been for decades prior to that as well. Therefore I see no compelling reason to suspect that disclosure is any more imminent now than any of the other times. Which is not to say that it won't happen. I just can't see a compelling reason to think that it will.

And then we have the consider that possibility we all find unpalatable and unpleasant in the extreme, but which is still a scenario we must consider if we are truly as rational and open minded as we claim to be: that there is nothing to disclose. That UFO phenomena are the result of a nexus of entirely terrestrial technologies, atmospheric phenomena we have yet to identify or explain, misidentification, and/or other Earthly explanations. Again, I'm not saying it has to be. But we can't simply discount the possibility because we want aliens to be visiting us in my opinion. Especially when belief in visitation could potentially serve as an excellent cover and method of discrediting for an arguably even more ominous, but entirely human project that for all we know could be underway.

Just my highly speculative two cents. Peace.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
everyone expects that if disclosure ever does happen, that it will come from the United States. what if a country like Iran or China wanted to 'get one up' on America, then i think they should bring about disclosure. can you imagine the astonishment????
say if they provided definite proof. produce a saucer or even better, an alien. "we are not alone, here's the proof "
wouldnt that be great? the cia/fbi/nasa etc. surely would be embarressed. can you imagine the press conference Obama would have to give? priceless

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Only when they start filling our skies, or come down in peace to say Gday, or to satisfy their hunger cravings with some human stew!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DanielET
Only when they start filling our skies, or come down in peace to say Gday, or to satisfy their hunger cravings with some human stew!

Human stew ? Going to be fatty tasting depending on the choice cuts they use .

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Sadly there is probably a 90% chance the little to nothing will be disclosed about the governments ideas about the alien prescense. If anything IS disclosed by either the United States or some other foreign country, it will not be everything and only a very small piece of the puzzle.

If a government does decide to disclose information than it will be highly scrutinized and sanitized before hand so there is not a huge paradigm shifting impact on the world populace and the affairs of governments.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by wlasikiewicz

I would love for there to be disclosure in 2012. Unfortunately though, so many UFO researchers (albeit usually the kooky ones) have stated that disclosure was going to happen soon. But then nothing ever happens.

Reminds me of the “boy who cried wolf.” I do for sure believe that there is intelligent life out there and I think there is convincing evidence that earth has been visited either now and/or in the past. But the people in the know seem to have no intention of “coming clean” anytime soon.

I almost think it’s up the aliens to publicly introduce themselves rather than our governments. Perhaps the aliens find us too barbaric or immature as a species?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Chris

There's only two ways about this now if you ask me. Either A) It's gonna all boil up and explode into an Alien Invasion (Real/Fake/Peaceful/Violent on December 21st 2012 or B) We're never gonna find out (It's well over 60 years since Roswell)!

I don't believe there will ever be any official disclosure either. The longer they wait, the easier it is for them to hide the truth and explain away the phenomena.

We were never ment to "know".

Maybe disclosure will happen when they come to cleans this planet of our presence.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
There hasn't been a disclosure thread this week so I'll bite.

Unless the powers are forced to disclose anything they won't. They are sitting pretty now with nations of slaves some of which believe they are free. Not only won't they disclose anything but they don't even try hard to debunk stuff. The public will buy just about anything the gov throws at them ie swamp gas and weather balloons.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
The only disclosure we will ever get is from an outside source. And by outside source I mean not of this earth.

No government will come out and say "yeah we've been lying to everyone for 60+ years". There is the possibility that there will be no disclosure as there truly is nothing to disclose.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Disclosure is happening, alittle bit at a time...it has to seem like they didnt know already....ya feel me?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
The disclosure door has still been kept shut from the doom and gloom people that scared the crap out of them with failed economy , social structures and religious beliefs alike . ( Sarcasm ) They will and are taking us over secretly , making us slaves to do their bidding , they have done such terrible experiments to us from abductions , when they are finished with us they will eradicate us and , and , and , and !!!!!

Anything that does get out is from the crack at the bottom of the door and the floor . That's one of the ways to view what has been let out into the rest of the world . Little piece of paper here and there that somehow slid under the door . Deliberate or accidental , your guess is as good as mine .

I don't see them unlocking it and letting the flood gates open . Everyday people have more to worry about than visitations from outer space . Does that keep the door closed because there is no great desire to satisfy the masses ? Safe way of keeping it a non issue I would think .

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I would not expect a honest disclosure anytime soon. Rather... an "accident" or event.
edit on 23/1/12 by Cybernet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
They won't show up until we have destroyed ourselves from within
so soon yah probably

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I reckon that even if 2012 isn't the year of disclosure, we're getting pretty close! Everything seems to be changing a lot, technology's advancing at an amazing rate!
Within my lifetime, I hope!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join