It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SO HAPPY that Gingrich Won (aka "Four More Years")

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by VonDoomen
reply to post by The Sword

The funny thing is, Ron Pauls becoming the Ace in the hole, the wildcard if you will.

If you throw his support behind a candidate, i believe the boost in votes would be the game winner.

Even if Paul doesnt win the nomination, he has still garnered enough support to sway the election

You think his supporters would back another candidate???

I think if Ron Paul endorsed any of the other candidates and asked his supporters to back them there would be a mutiny. Wouldn't that just throw out all of Ron Paul's principles...wouldn't that just show that Ron Paul is selling out to the GOP establishment???

He could always endorse Obama.
With the anti-liberty toolbags who are left on the GOP line-up, that would be a great message to the Republican party.

None of the others have a chance debating against Obama, anyway, so... may as well.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Again .. I ask the question to anyone out there .. are there any 'Obama fans' left, or have they all woken up to the fact that he's a complete disaster and that the Obama experiment (taking an unqualified, inept, 'community organizer' and making him Commander in Chief of the US Armed Forces) has failed?

Newt sucks. Romney Sucks. Obama sucks more.

I too have noticed a decline in post authored by Obama fans here on ATS but I assure you, we're still out here. I really don't know if it's because of the fact that attempting to debate the blatant hypocrisy of today's republican platform is a total waste of time and akin to pissing into the wind, or if it's just because they've decided to sit back and watch them eat their own.

Either way, I too am glad that the republican party has chosen to make yet another public display of absolute hypocrisy by choosing Newt in S.C.. I guess this means that they're no longer the party of "family values."

If I were a republican, I'd be bracing myself for 4 more years of Obama. Actually, I'm kinda looking forward to see if President Obama will grow some balls as a lame duck POTUS and begin standing up to the republican obstructionist in Congress. Who knows, we might even get something done.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigBruddah
In terms of logic, he wins, in terms of msm rubbish he loses. Don't be confused and follow the herd because the tv told you to. How can you honestly support more of Obama when he has broken most of his pre election "promises". Example: ill bring the troops home..4 years later after iraq,afghanistan, libya and now iran is in the cross hairs. Patriot acts, sopa you really want more of the trash he brings to the table. You could vote for Ron Paul, who actually has a record of standing by his beliefs (constitution) for decades compared to the say something do nothing approach of Obama.

Nice attempt to re-write history but far from factual, to say the least.

1. Troops are coming home from Iraq as scheduled and as promised.
2. Obama never promised to bring home the troops from Afghanistan in 4 yrs., actually he promised to refocus our efforts there to destroy Al Qaeda and capture or kill Bin Laden, which he did. (Actually, he not only fulfilled his own promise but also one made by G.W. Bush before he dropped the ball in Afghanistan, which was to get the terrorist, no matter where they choose hide.)
3. If Bush had invaded Iraq with the same tactics as Obama used in Libya, we wouldn't have lost the lives of thousands of our sons and daughters, maimed many thousands more and spent trillions in national treasure for the same end result. Needless to say, I'm pleased with the way he handled Libya.
4. To date, Obama's strategy towards Iran has been one of diplomacy and/or economic sanctions. The only people advocating war with Iran is the republican party. I'm convinced that if the republicans occupied the White House, we'd already be at war with Iran.
5. Nice try, but SOPA is a republican bill authored by Lamar Smith (R) from Texas. Don't be trying to lay that piece of crap legislation on Obama.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) is a United States bill introduced by U.S. Representative Lamar S. Smith (Republican) to expand the ability of U.S. law enforcement to fight online trafficking in copyrighted intellectual property and counterfeit goods.

6. The Patriot Act, on this point I will give you a little credit and I'll even throw in the non-closing of GITMO. I disagree with the POTUS on both of these issues and I really wish he'd talk about why he's done what he has. I'm also very aware that I don't know all there is to know regarding these subjects but I suspect that both actions, the re-signing of the P.A. as well as the failure to close GITMO, are closely related. Actually, I believe that if Obama had handled either one of these issues differently, it would have led to the first prosecution of a U.S. President for crimes against humanity, namely G.W. Bush.

Unless Bernie Sanders makes a surprise run for the White House, I'll be voting for Obama in November, as I'm sure most of the voting public will as well.
edit on 22-1-2012 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

To be fair, Hillary and Barack are both playing on the same team as Papa Bush, Shrub and the rest of their cohorts.

Or perhaps I read too much of Christopher Story?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

That prediction you posted was already debunked as a hoax on ATS.

Therefore, it doesn't hold much water.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish
Actually, I'm kinda looking forward to see if President Obama will grow some balls as a lame duck POTUS and begin standing up to the republican obstructionist in Congress. Who knows, we might even get something done.

This is my hope.

President Obama, if you are reading this, please grow some, whaddya say?

I hope Obama wins, and if not him, I'd love to see what Ron Paul is able to do... but if we end up with someone like Romney or Gingrich, I'm going to be bummed, for sure!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

They don't like dealing in fact. The facts are that most of Obama's promises have been kept either fully or at least partially. With a chunk of them that have not been kept either still being at some point in the process and a small number that couldn't be done. No one expects any politician to keep every promise he makes on the campaign trail, they do expect them to at least make an attempt to.

Basically the Republicans have fielded

Mr. "I am the 1%" Romney, who thinks that his decimating working companies to enrich himself and giving us minimum wage jobs at Staples, in exchange for the good paying manufacturing jobs that he ended is a good thing.

Mr. "I am all about family values" Gingrich. A man who thinks it is ok to elect a man who took a vow before God, and completely and utterly broke it and expect him to keep the one that goes with the job of being President of the United States. He sold us out with NAFTA, just what do you think his next brainchild will be? Also please remember by his own admission he helped good old Ronny Reagan create the regulations that made it possible for Mitt to get rich by screwing everyone else over.

Mr. "I am a deeply religious" Santorum. A man whose clear consistent anti-gay agenda has him marked as the next one i expect to hear about playing footsie in airport bathrooms. Not to mention that he advocates yet more war and devastation on behalf of the American people.A man who authored as his piece of healthcare reform the health savings account. A piece of legislation that by it's very nature relieves you of your money if you haven't spent it all by the years end.

And finally Dr. "I am running for President of the Confederacy" Paul. While no near as clueless or hell bent on war as the other three, suffers from an ideological viewpoint that will flat out destroy the economy in just his first year. Then will further go on to ensure that authoritarian State government tramples your rights, while turning the populous from being merely wage slaves to fully fledged slaves of the new corporate ran government.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by Flatfish
Actually, I'm kinda looking forward to see if President Obama will grow some balls as a lame duck POTUS and begin standing up to the republican obstructionist in Congress. Who knows, we might even get something done.

This is my hope.

President Obama, if you are reading this, please grow some, whaddya say?

I hope Obama wins, and if not him, I'd love to see what Ron Paul is able to do... but if we end up with someone like Romney or Gingrich, I'm going to be bummed, for sure!

You & me both! I'm really hoping that once re-elected, we see a whole new side of Obama, the fighting side. On the other hand, I'm beginning to fear that we may have an even bigger problem with the Senate. Now that it takes a super-majority to get anything passed, I'm less than hopeful that we will ever see a functional government again.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

I'm not sure they even know how to spell "facts," much less deal with them. Thanks for the republican field narrative, if you ask me, it's pretty much spot on .

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Any amount of Christopher Story is WAY WAY too much.

What a fraud.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join