It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SO HAPPY that Gingrich Won (aka "Four More Years")

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

I will concede that it would be a more interesting contest if it was Paul vs Obama.

It certainly would be, Ron Paul would rip him to shreds in a debate.. Obama would have to take another tax paid vacation to get over his ass whooping.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I'd rather have Obama stay in than Gingrich win, if it came to that. At least we'd be able to see Obama sing on tv and break out some dance moves here and there while they ruin the country behind the scenes.
Unlikely to happen though, IMO Ron Paul is truly the only person who could put some good resistance up to Obama, maybe Romney due to the larger republican support overall...But will disenfranchised democrats, libertarians/independents etc go for Gingrich rather than simply not vote at all? Will republicans vote for Obama rather than Ron Paul? Well, probably, actually.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I read somewhere, and wholeheartedly agree, that if "the goal" of TPTB is to sink the ship (USA), so to speak, then Newt Gingrich is without a doubt the best man for the job. It was funny a couple months ago when I first read it, but now, not so much.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious
I really am, even though it highlights the stupidity of the majority of GOP voters in the the SC Primary,

You wanna' talk stupidity? How about the democrats picking Obama over Hillary in 2008.
An inept, inexperienced 'community organizer'. Absolutely insane.

the greater the chance for an Obama victory.

Four more years of the Obama disaster makes you happy?

it's a great day for Obama fans and people that can't bear the thought of the Republicans re-claiming the White House.

Are there any Obama 'fans' left? I mean .. haven't they all woken up yet? Seriously .. the alarm clock went off years ago .. anyone who hasn't woken up really needs to.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Sigh, this is a very typical response from an Obama hater.

Like I said, I don't like Obama, but he's better than what the GOP are running, and that includes Paul, who's ideas are legitimately dangerous.

Me not liking the GOPers more than I don't like Obama != me liking Obama.

Don't like any options tbh, but Obama is the least of the bad options.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by BigBruddah

Completely silly. Paul supporters always claim Paul wins every debate he's in, but a) the debate polls don't reflect that and b) it doesn't seem to mater as Paul is getting crushed by almost every standard there is, delegate count, poll numbers, primary wins, etc.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Ron Paul is the worst of the bunch. He's honest, sort of, but what he wants is total freedom from regulation, to the point where corporations would replace government. You see, if you pay close attention, Paul supporters saying as much.

But, like Chomsky said, at least with "democracy" there a small amount of control exercised by the masses. With corporations as acting Kings the masses lose all say.

I'd rather have a say in a wildly flawed democracy than no say and no protection is a member of a corporate controlled state.

Fix democracy in America, don't replace it with business.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Sigh, this is a very typical response from an Obama hater.

Sigh, this is a very typical response from someone who misuses the word 'hater'.

YOUR opening post .. heck ... YOUR title is 'SO HAPPY' because that means Obama will be in four more years. Those are YOUR words and your opening post is pretty darn clear.

Again .. I ask the question to anyone out there .. are there any 'Obama fans' left, or have they all woken up to the fact that he's a complete disaster and that the Obama experiment (taking an unqualified, inept, 'community organizer' and making him Commander in Chief of the US Armed Forces) has failed?

Newt sucks. Romney Sucks. Obama sucks more.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

In terms of logic, he wins, in terms of msm rubbish he loses. Don't be confused and follow the herd because the tv told you to. How can you honestly support more of Obama when he has broken most of his pre election "promises". Example: ill bring the troops home..4 years later after iraq,afghanistan, libya and now iran is in the cross hairs. Patriot acts, sopa you really want more of the trash he brings to the table. You could vote for Ron Paul, who actually has a record of standing by his beliefs (constitution) for decades compared to the say something do nothing approach of Obama.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

If you can't understand how I can be "happy" that the least awful of the multiple crap pols on offer will probably win, then what can I say?

I'd be much happier if a decent politician was running, but they're not.

Big surprise, as American democracy is pretty much ruined by money at this point.

Not an Obama fan.

But he's MUCH MUCH better than any other option on the table.
edit on 22-1-2012 by captainnotsoobvious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by BigBruddah

There's no politician that keeps his promises. You're naive if you vote for people based on what they promise.

And I'd vote for him to keep out the awful alternatives like Newt of Mitt.

He'd be much better than either of those awful guys.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

I really am, even though it highlights the stupidity of the majority of GOP voters in the the SC Primary, I am happy with the result.

The longer Mitt and Romney duel the more damaged the GOP brand will be, the more the eventual nominee Mitt will be unelectable and the greater the chance for an Obama victory.

I'm NOT an Obama fan, but compared to the current crop of GOPers, he's preferable (and yeah that includes the honest, but scary Ron Paul, who'll never get the nomination).

Anyway, it's a great day for Obama fans and people that can't bear the thought of the Republicans re-claiming the White House.

Maybe one day the US will fix it's political system, but until that happens, I'll be happy to simply keep the Republicans out of the Executive.

Plus, it's a nice upshot that Newt is gonna be dragged through the mud.

Mitt and Romney

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

I think it's interesting that Gingrich won in SC... Those people will apparently vote for anything.

How entertaining! This whole Republican primary season is like a game of Whack-a-Mole.

First, Cain's head pops up and they whack him down, then Santorum is up for the Iowa Caucuses, but the hammer lands on his head and up pops Romney in New Hampshire... Slammed by the SuperPAC Hammer and up pops Gingrich, just in time for South Carolina....

Will Ron Paul rise his tiny head out of the playing field just in time for Florida? We shall see!

Gingrich's win last night was definitely a "Whack-a-mole Moment".

This whole primary is like a months-long reality show! Sarah Palin was voted off before the show began, but in the weeks since, Michelle Bachmann, Herman Cain and Rick Perry have been voted off... The suspense builds... Who will be next to leave the island? You'll have to wait till next week...

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Are there any Obama 'fans' left? I mean .. haven't they all woken up yet? Seriously .. the alarm clock went off years ago .. anyone who hasn't woken up really needs to.

Sure there are Obama fans left! Millions of them! There aren't a lot here on ATS (or else they're not interested in painting a target on their backs, and I don't blame them), but they are certainly around. And just because someone disagrees with you, doesn't mean they're asleep or missing anything.

I see Obama. I always have. And I will most likely vote for Obama again. And the ONLY reason I will vote for him is if, after his first term is over, I like what he's done. And so far, I do. There are things I don't like, but he's done some things that I agree with completely and I'd like to see him have another term to finish some of the things he started.

The economy is turning around, Obama is meeting with the Taliban, he got rid of Don't Ask, Don't Tell, extended benefits to same-sex partners of gov't employees, improved veterans benefits, freed up embryonic cell research... I could go on and on... All kinds of progressive movement. And some people LIKE that stuff.
It doesn't mean they're asleep.

You can say that we have different opinions that you don't understand or agree with or you can say that we're "asleep", "Obots" or "O-Zombies" (I just made that one up, but you can use it if you want.
). The first carries respect for others, the second is an insult. The position you choose to take says more about who you are than how "awake or asleep" Obama fans are.

People have different likes and dislikes. I like Obama. If you need to tell yourself that that means I'm stupid or asleep, then have at it. But that kind of judgment only puts the kabosh on real discussion.

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Sigh, this is a very typical response from someone who misuses the word 'hater'.

Kind of like misusing the word, "asleep".
Dish it out - Take it.

edit on 1/22/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
that item: (aka "Four More Years") has certain dark association attached to it...
(nixxon 1st used the axiom to gain re-election in ''72...the slogan 4-more-years turned into a morass as nixxon had to resign before his 4-more-years came to term)

this time the Four More Years has a fatalistic baggage attached to it....Namely the prediction that the man who is President now will be the very last President of a USA

see:

Uploaded by mrlloydum on Oct 4, 2011

St Malachi's prophecy of the popes and the last pope.
C. Alan Martin and the prophecy of the last president.

view/listen:
www.youtube.com...

if you are not familiar or versed on the 'Last President' forecast, then look up C. Alan Martin maybe you will come up with something:

www.youtube.com...

~or~
www.youtube.com...

Link to original location of prophecy of Last President of United States: www.angelfire.com...

this last video tells of several other Last Presidents forecasts by different seers/dreamers

++++
or read up on the prediction for the USA in 2012 at the RU website (pg 1 of 6)

United States

This year, more then likely, America will transfer fully into a police state dictatorship. Sure, they will still have an "election" but the Republican candidate will be handpicked by the party's elites, to make sure he loses to Obama and that Obama remains in power. By midyear the government will have the right to arrest without warrant or accusation "terrorists" and their "enablers". This will be just in time, as inflation will continue to sky rocket and nations will continue moving away from the dollar. An example of this was the recent announcement from China and Japan that they will no longer use the USD in inter-nation trade, just another blow against the only real export the US has, outside of scrap metal and corn. Several major standoffs and shootouts with groups of sovereignty seekers will occur.

Black and Mexican on White and Asian violence will also escalate, but the partisan federal police will look the other way on the "oppressors" getting theirs.

As the economy continues to fall, as real unemployment, vs the fictional figures, continues to creep towards thirty percent, the public will grow ever more disenchanted and angry. More radical elements in Texas, the old Confederacy, Hawaii, Alaska, Maine and Vermont will call for independence and will be crushed. This will work out as all repressive measures work out, drawing instability underground but it will remain so.

Especially problematic for the US will be returning military, who will face little real employment outside the military.[...]

english.pravda.ru...

www.youtube.com...

it was already determined in 1997 that the president elect in 2008 would be the last president
(that gives Øbama until 2016 to crash the 'system' at least under the constitution rules of 2 terms max)
edit on 22-1-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I may not always agree with you, but you always tell it like it is in a calm, rational manner. If you run, I'd vote for ya

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

"I'll be happy to simply keep the Republicans out of the Executive."

That seems like a gross overestimation of your abilities. Dont act so cocky, cause then it sounds like your speaking with a **** in your mouth

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

The funny thing is, Ron Pauls becoming the Ace in the hole, the wildcard if you will.

If you throw his support behind a candidate, i believe the boost in votes would be the game winner.

Even if Paul doesnt win the nomination, he has still garnered enough support to sway the election

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Sounds to me, like it's going to be another election, without a choice. Newt can't even keep a committed relationship...and yet, he's ALLOWED to run for POTUS. Man, something is SERIOUSLY wrong with the peoples' minds, in the U.S. Is there something in the drinking water that's distorting your judgement?

What really, REALLY bothers me....is the fact that PEOPLE take what "they" do to us...with a grain of salt; like it has no bearing on our future. Look how far we've digressed. The system was built for masters.....not slaves. America isn't free. You PAY a price...and that price is called FREEDOM.

Attn. Americans: YOU ARE NOT FREE! You have NO choice!!! Can't you tell, by now???

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
You are correct...so far Obama is winning the Republican Primaries.

And for some wondering if there are any Obama fans left...yes...I'm one of them. You can attack me if you wish...but I can back up my support for him confidently...and with facts and numbers. So good luck to anyone trying to that.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen
reply to post by The Sword

The funny thing is, Ron Pauls becoming the Ace in the hole, the wildcard if you will.

If you throw his support behind a candidate, i believe the boost in votes would be the game winner.

Even if Paul doesnt win the nomination, he has still garnered enough support to sway the election

You think his supporters would back another candidate???

I think if Ron Paul endorsed any of the other candidates and asked his supporters to back them there would be a mutiny. Wouldn't that just throw out all of Ron Paul's principles...wouldn't that just show that Ron Paul is selling out to the GOP establishment???

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join