It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why a war with Iran is necessary should talking fail.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by InsideYourMind

A nuclear weapon is a chip on the table, that is all it is. No country to date has fired a nuclear weapon on another nation (except for the one who embraces the war-on-terror funny enough). Sure a nuclear weapon is a threat, they are actually used to guarantee defence by using the threat of "don't mess with us, we have a nuke". It is meerly an excuse for a bargaining chip for a nation to get it's way.

It is a big chip on the table, and it seems like the US/Israel have both thrown their chips in, just staring at Iran. I don't think the US will ever use a nuke again, because then the other superpowers will turn them to ash.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Iran has, in the past, and without a doubt still does, supported efforts to destabilize long time allies of the United States, and has proven over the past couple of decades, to be nearly impossible to deal with in these matters... An Iran with the bomb becomes virtually impossible to deal with in these matters.

This is the crux of the issue. Many here will bend over backwards to ignore that very real verifiable bit of history.

No matter how many times it shows itself to be true.

But... But... But...

Israel this...

and

Israel that...

etc etc etc

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
When we come to these
crossroads in life you just have
to do what you have to do.
Israel and America might
just have to do what they got to
do. Despite what everyone
else thinks. You have to go with
that gut instinct..
edit on 22-1-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
For the last few months the empire’s nuclear weapons allegations against Iran have produced very little results; they haven’t really stuck. Most likely the Saudi Prince-Ambassador Assassination Plot-Scenario was outsourced to a not very competent or bright Hollywood producer-director; it failed big time and it certainly was embarrassing to all secondary actors such as the FBI.

The empire still hasn’t invaded Iran. The Caspian Sea is waiting, and so many are drooling. It must be time for a new scenario. A new script. A brand new actor.

Welcome Azerbaijan, a thickening new assassination plot, a scary terror cell in Baku, and savvy Iranian cyber-terrorists obsessed with this dingy little country’s dingier-littler government and news websites.

Azerbaijian - The NATO Empire's Newest Ally

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
It's stupid to prevent Iran from obtaining nuclear weapons. They need some form of leverage to keep them safe from the israeli regime. Someone needs to balance out the equation... There's no way in hell that it's fair for the crazy, paranoid, schizophrenic, little new guy in the neighborhood to decide everything it wants just because it says so...

Having a nuclear weapon would not ensure that the paranoid schizophrenic regime doesn't attack, but it would make them think twice before attacking...

It's simple logic. Iran needs the bomb to make israel see that it can't bully the middle east anymore... but alas, Iran doesn't want the bomb...

THEY ARE CREATING NUCLEAR ENERGY

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

War is terrorism on a bigger budget.

War is never necessary...................murder is wrong.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

Really? You are going to take Iran at their word on that when they have shown nothing to prove that's what they are doing?

If they are simply creating energy, then why the secrecy? Why don't they allow the inspectors in to verify that? Why does it seem as though every time we hear about a nuclear breakthrough in Iran, it's followed up by some kind of missile test?

I don't think we have any reason to believe they are creating energy and not bombs.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by J.Son79

The U.S. never used nuclear weapons in anger.

Erm..... Nagasaki...Hiroshima..

Cosmic..

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

A pretty slogan that unfortunately is not always the case. Sometimes war is necessary...that's just the ugly truth.

The problem with peace is that it never fights for what it believes in.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The level of ignorance of certain individual is unbelievable.
Last time i checked, only the Ulcered Sphincter of America had used the nuclear against another nation.
Its not because american are pure evil that everybody is pure evil. Who are you Seagull to pretend Iranian cannot be talked down?

So based on your logic war against the USA is the only solution because they simply have the potential to whipped us out?
What makes you more sane than an Iranian mister the moderator on this subject do you know some Iranian ?
Me think the OP is just a pathetic attemp at trolling, too bad i did bite.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
. When Israel has failed to follow a pre-emptive military doctrine they have nearly been wiped out.
[

What Israeli pre emptive strikes are you talking of?

In 1948 they readily dealt with both the half hearted 'invasion's by the neighboring Arab states whilst carrying out 'Plan Dalet' which led to the fleeing and expulsion of 750,000 Palestinians, hardly at threat of being wiped then.

1967- It was clear that Nasser at the head of the Arab states had no intention of attacking Israel. Israel took advantage of the saber rattling to deal a blow to the military forces of Egypt and Syria.

From the Israeli FM at the time

At that point, however, I had one of the severest shocks of my life. [ Israeli Ambassador to the US Avraham] Harman produced a cable from Tel Aviv stating that Egyptian troop concentrations in Sinai were dense. Egyptian airfields were on alert and an Egyptian surprise attack was expected. I was asked to convey all this to the White House in the most dramatic and emotional terms and to ask ‘if the United States would regard an attack on Israel as an attack on itself’! This cable sticks in my mind as an act of momentous irresponsibility. There had been no new development in the military alignment since I had sat with our advisors on May 22 and listened to their plea for delay in order to get our troops into positions in the South. […] The entire basis of my mission had suddenly been changed. Instead of conveying Israel’s real situation I was being called to present a demand that had no justification and that would only invite rejection. […] The cable lacked wisdom, veracity and tactical understanding. Nothing was right about it. (Eban, 1992, pp 102-103)

1973- Egypt and Syria were attempting to retake territorty that was conquered by the Israelis.

All pre emptive strikes since have been launched on the Palestinians and Lebanese who literally have no chance of 'wiping out' Israel. Drop the Holocaust Jargon and embark on some reading of the facts.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by eagleeye2

There are obviously huge and gaping differences between the comparison you are trying to make between America and Iran.

Iran is a country that has been supporting terrorism and aiding our enemies for decades now. Iran is a country that has threatened the safety and sovereignty of nations surrounding it.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Another template thread on ATS.

This one didn't even have a news article to kick it off. So in summary there is absolutely no new information contained within it, rendering it completely pointless, and a massive waste of everyone's time.

Poster 1: Iran is bad.
Poster 2: No they are victims.
Poster 3: They want to wipe Israel out.
Poster 4: No that was a mistranslation.
Poster 5: Then why do they support terrorist groups?
Poster 6: America and Israel are the real terrorists.

Etc. Etc. Etc.

At this stage of the game you won't change anyone's opinion on the matter we all have our minds made up, so esentially you are wasting energy arguing about it.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
reply to post by Magnum007

Really? You are going to take Iran at their word on that when they have shown nothing to prove that's what they are doing?

If they are simply creating energy, then why the secrecy? Why don't they allow the inspectors in to verify that? Why does it seem as though every time we hear about a nuclear breakthrough in Iran, it's followed up by some kind of missile test?

I don't think we have any reason to believe they are creating energy and not bombs.

Where is your proof Iran is building a bomb? We should be going after the rouge nuclear states that didn't sign the NPT instead of making up reasons to start a war with Iran. And Iran is allowing the inspectors to come in so there goes that excuse.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Where is your proof that they are not?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
The problem that I see with all of this and the multitude of political scenarios is that once you get down to it it is simply another justification to go to war.

Since when do we dictate what other nations do ? Us supposedly the land of the Free ?

War is a racket and those who profit from them never ever fight them themselves. It is our sons and daughters that do.

Don't fall for it....because in everything in our world it's all about money and nothing more.

Plain and simple.

Peace

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Maybe someone can enlighten me the last time iran invaded another country? Hell ill make it easier, tell me the last time iran attacked another country. Then lets compare that with usa. Nuff said.
edit on 22-1-2012 by LonelyGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Using WMD or any other forms of mass murdering methods are not justified, and therefore HARAAM in Islam.so using them is directly against Islamic believes. The west's problem with Iran is not because they are trying to make bombs.Every one knows striking a country with an atomic bomb is practically committing suicide.......I think the big issue with Iran is the wide spread of Islam and Influence of Iran in the region.....The west is afraid of ' Islamic Awakening' replacing the Ideal ' Arabian Spring'.......And of course Israel is very concerned about that' to put it politely.....After all Iran is one of the very few countries in the region with Democracy.......not Liberal ,but Democratic.....Iran has survived 33 years of sanctions and hostility from west without bending over for them,and asking for mercy.....they have advanced their technology,and have been educating themselves without a single dime or any assistance from the west........they have been peace full and sat a good example for other developing countries, they are an stabilizer in the region, if other countries don't interfere! and they have never been a threat to any nation....Iranian people have been faithful to god and their believes and they never gave up hope....and they did all that and more by believing in Islam, and saying the hell with the west..And that's BAD its really bad .Lets bomb them before Israel gets nasty and craps her panties. .

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Iran is a country that has been supporting terrorism and aiding our enemies for decades now. Iran is a country that has threatened the safety and sovereignty of nations surrounding it.

Replace "Iran" with "USA". They have created or helped to create one of the very terrorists that struck in America. The USA has threatened the safety and sovereignty of many nations. No one nation is perfect, but, if you are going to accuse someone of having a dirty house, make sure yours is clean.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
reply to post by buster2010

Where is your proof that they are not?

What more do you need?

I hope the rest of the world forgives Americans for being so brainwashed by their government.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join