It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In 28 minutes, the Geomagnetic Activity level will be 5.33 -- at 'STORM' LEVEL!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I'm just looking at the very helpful and interesting Aurora Borealis Realtime Report at softservenews.com and all day till now it was nice and calm, inactive, and now I see this. (the title of this thread.)

Now is the time to get out there and get your photos of this amazing report from a huge CME.

Also, if you happen to feel generous in your documentation, feel free to correspond to my other threads relevant to this topic.

Thread I Authored to Begin Current AU documentation For This Weekend.

Thread on Strange, Unannounced EAS Test Witnessed Tonight

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
make that 15 minutes

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
So according to those maps and what not I should be able to witness the aurora borealis from northeast US? Should I just look straight up in the sky or a specific direction? this is very interesting i've never witnessed anything like it before

edit: nevermind I misread the maps, oh well, still going to check the sky regardless

edit on 22-1-2012 by letusascendasone because: realization

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by letusascendasone
So according to those maps and what not I should be able to witness the aurora borealis from northeast US? Should I just look straight up in the sky or a specific direction? this is very interesting i've never witnessed anything like it before

Yeah, as far as I know. I recently saw great red ones just outside Chicago earlier this year, never saw them before. But according to the map you could definitely see something, given you have clear skies... which is sadly not the case where I am.

Look to the North I imagine

Oh and make sure you take some photos and share them on my other thread
edit on 22-1-2012 by Aqualung2012 because: oh yeah

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Well, that counts us out, No clear skies out here. Too cloudy.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
For the cloudy sky people, you could always listen for those mysterious sky sounds to see if CME impact projection corresponds with sky sound reports?

If you hear these sky sounds at the times the light show is suppose to be going on, there might be a correlation.
That doesn't mean there IS correlation, but, it's something to keep in mind.

jot it down on a notepad. CME projected to hit @ X o'clock whatever time PM.
xxx time hearing sky sounds, etcetera.

edit on 22-1-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Yup to cloudy and foggy here but hear the sky sounds. Sure wish it was clear out my phone is all ready to go!!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I went out to see. Clear sky, but I didn't see much during the time mentioned other than one sudden dramatic change in the colour of the entire sky to green tint for just a moment, then back to barely seeing minor green light far in the distance... Sometimes I can see them really clearly from my location.
edit on 22-1-2012 by elocin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by elocin

Hey thanks for checking. Yeah, the ones I saw near Chicago were red, and they would sometimes be in sheets or sometimes just like a vast haze.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aqualung2012
reply to post by elocin

Hey thanks for checking. Yeah, the ones I saw near Chicago were red, and they would sometimes be in sheets or sometimes just like a vast haze.

Yeah it's like that here in south central Texas

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Sounds like it's whistling out there. There is one are where it just looks white. But, that could be from a light.

LoL, you think it's smart to be standing in the middle of a CME? What if I get radiation poisoning.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I don't know, but I also don't think the typical house would be much different than standing outside.

I will say this though, around the time of the peak levels, I really did get this sort of tingling/buzzing feeling... almost like standing up too fast, but I was just sitting there, and it came over me... actually made me stand up and look outside.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I think it just woke up the house. Everyone is talking in their sleep.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
I think it just woke up the house. Everyone is talking in their sleep.

Funny you say that, as I was just entertaining the thought that solar geomagnetic distortion could be behind some sleep problems or popping awake for no reason... I dunnno. It's a thought.

Also, the day that the CME actually took place, I felt this sudden "muffling" of the sound in my right ear, replaced by a strong ringing sound, like the pressure changed and someone turned on a TV in my head. It was pretty shocking. I mean, this sounds more like blood pressure issues, but I don't have any known problems with my heart.

I don't know..
edit on 22-1-2012 by Aqualung2012 because: more

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Yeah, yesterday morning, wee hours, I felt a weird wind pressure through my body. Only last seconds and it was gone. I was like wtf that.

I don't know if that had anything to with anything. I was like, whoa.. Like a brush of wind went through me.
edit on 22-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Holy wow, now the website says this:

in 15 minutes, the Geomagnetic Activity level (Kp number) will be 5.33 -- at 'STORM' LEVEL!
in 29 minutes, the Geomagnetic Activity level (Kp number) will be 5.67 -- at 'STORM' LEVEL!
in 46 minutes, the Geomagnetic Activity level (Kp number) will be 5.33 -- at 'STORM' LEVEL!

www.softservenews.com (Current Aurora Borealis Report)
edit on 22-1-2012 by Aqualung2012 because: link

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Aqualung2012

Its strange you mention the sudden "muffle" in your right ear the other day. I had the same occurence, twice in one week actually. I was listening to music when all of a sudden it sounded like someone turned the volume down without me touching the volume button followed by a brief ringing and change in pressure. It was strange. Also funny how you mentioned the possible connection between CMEs and loss of sleep, because I haven't been sleeping at all lately

I tried looking at the sky last night but it was too cloudy, unfortunately. also didn't hear any sky sounds at the time of the geomagnetic storm. I'm jealous of anyone who got to see it in person, i can only imagine

edit on 22-1-2012 by letusascendasone because: (details)

edit on 22-1-2012 by letusascendasone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Yeah, yesterday morning, wee hours, I felt a weird wind pressure through my body. Only last seconds and it was gone. I was like wtf that.

I don't know if that had anything to with anything. I was like, whoa.. Like a brush of wind went through me.
edit on 22-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

You probably detected doppler radar. Happens to me all the time. Have you been hearing any clicking sounds???
edit on 22-1-2012 by shushu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by letusascendasone

New thread: GO!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Sounds like it's whistling out there. There is one are where it just looks white. But, that could be from a light.

LoL, you think it's smart to be standing in the middle of a CME? What if I get radiation poisoning.

I can't believe you said that! My grandmother and I were talking about the flare over lunch yesterday, and she said that people used to say "If you whistle at the Northern Lights, they'll whistle back."

I have never heard this, and when she said that, I immediately thought of what you said.

new topics

top topics

join