It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The problem with America, is that it is full of Americans.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Chargeit

No one is insulting you here...the only person insulting anyone is you insulting others.

I'll remind you one more time to stay on topic.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

It's this very attitude that gets the world's hackles up in the first place. You establish your presence in every country on Earth yet couldn't care less what we think? No bloody wonder your country is going down the gurgler, what with attitudes like yours in charge.
edit on 22/1/2012 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chargeit

But I have also been to a few other countries. And I can tell you with a strait face that the Vast Majority of Americans are lazy, stupid, ignorant, greedy, self centered pieces of crap.

Yes but a good amount of American's are Hard working, Knowledgeable, compassionate, caring peoples. We're not all hand me outs. A lot of use like to do for ourselves.

That is true, But not enough.

And for the other posts. I know that most of the world is in a similar boat. I know, and it's not my problem.

I'm going to go where my nearest neighbor is at least 5 miles away. I'll be fine, don't worry about me.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Why does this topic hurt my head...

Im not even american...

Of course being Canadian, i guess we're subject to the americans decisions more or less... That much is evident...

But what do i know... we live in igloos... right?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

"The problem with America is big government bureaucracy."

Which is elected by its people. Therefor the people are the problem, or at least, the majority of them.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

It's this very attitude that gets the world's hackles up in the first place. You establish your presence in every country on Earth yet couldn't care less what we think? No bloody wonder your country is going down the gurgler, what with attitudes like yours in charge.

If I may,
I think tt we do listen to what others have to sa.

We just don't act on it.

Whether that's good, bad, indiffrent is another story. Fredom is a funny thing. It comes wth responsibility that few recognise or accept.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Im not even american...

Of course being Canadian, i guess we're subject to the americans decisions more or less... That much is evident...

I'm not sure what the point of your post is.

I have said nothing against Canadians. Sure some of you guys are kind of odd. But from what I have seen most of you are decent folks.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Cocasinpry

Not if you assume that elected officials are going to do the work we elect them to do.

Washington has a way of changing people.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Fredom is a funny thing. It comes wth responsibility that few recognise or accept.

Please don't tell me you believe the nonsense that America is the only free country on Earth do you?

Please don't tell me you believe people hate America "because of your freedoms" do you?

I could have read you wrong, if I have I apologise, but that what it looks like you are suggesting :/

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
reply to post by Cocasinpry

Not if you assume that elected officials are going to do the work we elect them to do.

Washington has a way of changing people.

That is one of the big problems.

Officials doing the opposite of what they said they would do, which got them elected in the first place.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Fredom is a funny thing. It comes wth responsibility that few recognise or accept.

Please don't tell me you believe the nonsense that America is the only free country on Earth do you?

Please don't tell me you believe people hate America "because of your freedoms" do you?

I could have read you wrong, if I have I apologise, but that what it looks like you are suggesting :/

No.
What I'm saying is that many in America don't appreciate the feedoms that they have and don't take the responsiblity to use their freedoms wisely.
edit on 22-1-2012 by beezzer because: sticky keyboard

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn

Im not even american...

I'm not sure what the point of your post is.

I have said nothing against Canadians. Sure some of you guys are kind of odd. But from what I have seen most of you are decent folks.

Interesting you say that...

Yet the only thing that seperates us is an imaginary line....

my point being...

Perhaps americans might be "decent folk" as well?

edit on 22-1-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   

My point exactly.

Americans know what needs to be done to fix the problems of this country. Unfortunately the people we send to do these things quit listening to us once they get there.

link   

His attitude isn't exactly wrong. NO country deserves this. to happen. Nor should anyone feel self conscious about their nation because someone is making sweeping generalizations about them and their fellow country men.

The attitude in the op is in reality is a huge contributing factor to why the world is in the mess its in. This defeatist "screw it all" attitude combined with an overwhelming superiority complex hinders progress.

If you want to do your part in "waking people up" You dont do it through hostility but yet time and time again you see that happen. When ever we have a debate on political issues what immediately happens ?People break off into their side of the fence and start insulting one another. This side is full of mindless drones, that side is radical and so on and so on.

Very rarely do you have someone try to convince someone of their stance on a matter they just automatically assume the intellectual high ground and condemn .

Well there certainly are people who need to remove their heads from the sand there are also many people who are clearly stroking their own egomania by believing they are enlightened and everyone from this organization or country aren't privy to the knowledge they are.

And in the case of the latter this hostility drives people away rather than brings them together and continually contributing to wedging humanity apart makes one part of the problem.
edit on 22-1-2012 by paganini because: (no reason given)

link   

Im not even american...

Your bacon scares me, it's not right.

On topic, your pretty much stuck with what we do.
Apologies.

link   
reply to post by beezzer

Ahhh, right, I'm with you now. Sorry mate

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537

Unfortunately the people we send to do these things quit listening to us once they get there.

Money speaks much louder than reason and logic, unfortunately.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join