It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The problem with America, is that it is full of Americans.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

The easier answer would be to create a separate Fed Treas currency that will only be used within the U.S.. Then we can float our currency like everyone else for trade advantages. What we need is a proposition system so that the public can vote on federal laws. It has worked pretty good out here in CA.

I don't know, Cali is bankrupt. I'd love if the iq rate of most people were higher. But the common person is unaware of consequences at the large government scale, hence the need for representative republics.

But then again, maybe now cali has to adapt and manage itself better at the demand of the public. They make the laws, the government follows it. Cali's is a more enslaved government style that I like.

But they're still bankrupt. So I cannot know.

And hell yes there should be a separate currency for the homeland. It makes perfect sense. One currency bound to the internal economy, the other one bound to the global one.

I don't really see how creativity is suppressed. I suppose, however much I hate it, the education community is now a corporation that counters corporate interests by seeking universal creative rights. Belonging to a university gives you tremendous advantages in the creativity department, and little limitations. Because college is a corporation, and education is the product.

I'd be perfectly ok with giving people a bonus check for staying together, but I'd be well more in favor of rewards for good grades to their children. One rewards you for doing nothing, the other rewards you for doing something.

I know the world was build by workers, but that's what I was saying earlier. A dollar backed by labor rather than debt would be well more secure.
edit on 1-2-2012 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Cali's financial woes are mostly due to Fed mandates designed to subsidize illegal immigration, and not the proposition process.

Most people are more intelligent than you think they are. The air heads that get elected to congress, and succeed in climbing the corporate ranks are less credible.

Glad you agree on the currency concept.

I think our education system works hand in hand with our corporations, working to discourage creative thinking. The established educational institutions are only interested in conformity, and those who think outside of the approved process are punished. This is why so many creative people are not going to college.

Not all wealth or financial rewards comes in the form of a check.

I know the world was build by workers, but that's what I was saying earlier. A dollar backed by labor rather than debt would be well more secure.

I agree, which is why a system built around investment will not work, if that investment isn't tied to real world accomplishment. Our current markets are all about speculation, and so it is all based on debt.

Intelligent men need to work together to denounce this disastrous system.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I think a lot of creative people are going to college, but some drop out because they want to take a gamble, and they are usually smart enough to win it (Steve Jobs and Bill Gates both took this gamble and won). I mean, from my own perspective, I don't see any logical reason why I should be at college. I have skills which would get me a job at plenty of reputable high paying fields. But I also recognize that getting there is one thing, going past that is another. College is primarily good for networking. Making friends so we can all promote each other in the same field, and work together in different fields. That's mostly why I am at college. To make friends that will succeed with me. I would be equally, if not more, successful at this point in my life had I not gone to college.

College, in the end, is the conversion of the guild into a corporation.

I actually don't see much wrong with investing. But it ought to be a federal contract. Investing is a gamble, and if you loose, you don't get your money back.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

There is a big difference between investing in the creation of something like new technology or production capabilities, and investing as to whether or not the stock will go up or down. One is investment, the other is pure and simple gambling.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join