It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How gullible do you have to be to think Iran is a threat?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
On the Neville Chamberlaiun scale of gullibility, you would want to be scring around 95 to 100 Chamberlains.100 is boiling point gullibility.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Iran could use neutron bombs exploded over major Israel cities which just kills living tissues but does not hurt buildings or leave residual radiation, even if kills some Arabs too. Then invade Israel and kill for cleanup. Iranian leaders are nuts and keep spouting their 13th Iman, the destruction of Israel, and building of atomic processing facilities for enrichment beyond nuclear power. If you read between the lines, they are planning an attack and expect to go forward with the attack.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by PLASIFISK

Please provide links to the iranian president saying he would not attack israel with nukes. Verbatum.

Officially speaking, Iran has an anti-WMD policy. In Iranian terms, it means obtaining a nuclear weapon is Haram. Haram means forbidden, this was a fatwa from Ayatollah himself, who is the religious leader of Iran, which has in some cases, as much power as the secular head of Iran (or even more than), Ahmadinejad (secular head).

That being said, Iran has never threatened to nuke Israel, nor has threatened to attack Israel. Almost all Iranian rhetoric revolves around counter attacks. For example "If Israel or US attacks, we will send them to hell", or "if Israel or US attacks, the occupied regime of Israel won't exist anymore"...

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by insaan
reply to post by PLASIFISK

Please provide links to the iranian president saying he would not attack israel with nukes. Verbatum.

Officially speaking, Iran has an anti-WMD policy. In Iranian terms, it means obtaining a nuclear weapon is Haram. Haram means forbidden, this was a fatwa from Ayatollah himself, who is the religious leader of Iran, which has in some cases, as much power as the secular head of Iran (or even more than), Ahmadinejad (secular head).

That being said, Iran has never threatened to nuke Israel, nor has threatened to attack Israel. Almost all Iranian rhetoric revolves around counter attacks. For example "If Israel or US attacks, we will send them to hell", or "if Israel or US attacks, the occupied regime of Israel won't exist anymore"...

What planet have you been living on? You haven't been hearing what the president of Iran has been saying. You have only displayed your ignorance of the current political situation. The Koran seems to have been perverted by the leaders of Iran. What happened to the speech Ahmadinejad gave about wiping Israel off the face of the Earth. I never heard any other country say that about the country of Iran.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Perhaps you are grossly underestimating the real threat of a nuclear Iran. The danger is not as cut and dry as you think. I believe one of the main reasons Several countries do not want a nuke in Ahmadineijad hands is the fact that it could end up on the black market and show up anywhere! Irans leader has proven himself a "loose cannon". He cannot be trusted.

Pax

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by rjbaggins

I agree only now that you have been watching too much MSM and their propaganda has fooled you. That doesn't make you a fool, that just makes you a victim of propaganda.

Here is what Ahmadinejad said: "the Imam said this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time."
en.wikipedia.org...

Ahmadinejad was quoting Khomeini, and he agreed with Khomeini's statement that the "occupying regime" should be destroyed, almost all Iranians believe that, and a vast number of people around the people also agree with that. He never threatened Israel, in his speech he argued that the occupying regime of Jerusalem will be destroyed naturally because of its behavior, he argues that such regime can't continue existing, and he also argues in other speeches that if Palestinians are allowed to return to their homes in a state of Democracy, then the Zionist regime will automatically be destroyed, because the vast majority will be Palestinians and they won't vote for the brutal and criminal regime.

If you want to question the translation, then it is important to note that my mother tongue is Persian.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrinchNoMore
Maybe you should focus on the fact that you are spouting rhetoric without proof that Iran's leader is a "nutbag".

So you think its perfectly sane for the guy to want world war III and total world apocolypse so that his imaginary 12th Imam can come floating in (with Jesus as his side kick) and turn what's left of the world totally islamic? ooooookay ... sure ... that's not crazy at all.
Maybe YOU shold focus on the facts instead of the politically correct 'Iranian leaderships is warm and fuzzy and just misunderstood' BS.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

Only the U.S. has nukes.

Selah.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Do you have any evidence to support your accusation? I'm interested in reading a quote from Ahmadinejad which states that he wants WWIII, and he wants the world to be destroyed.

I in the other hand can bring a lot of quotes which states that Iran wants peace, I can also bring evidence that Iran is against Weapons of Mass Destruction due to Ayatollah's fatwa.

I'm very interested in your accusations, if true, it will open up a door for me and I will join the band wagon in support of an "apocalyptic" war against Iran, which in result would spark world war three, widespread destruction, genocide and human suffering because Iranian leaders wanted apocalypse therefore we had to start apocalypse before they could start apocalypse. (eyes rolling)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

Well, since I have been reading this gullible 12th Imam stuff from their own literature, what say you now?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Well, since I have been reading this gullible 12th Imam stuff from their own literature, what say you now?

A honest question:

Have you read Western literature?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
During WWII we made enough chemical weapons to kill everything on Earth several times over.

We threw it into the ocean allllll over the world.

If Iran wanted Israel dead all they would have needed was a fishing trauler to dredge up what they needed from one of the many undersea dumping grounds we threw those chemical munitions.

They could have dredged it alllll up and dumped it back at sea off Israels coast. Then nature would have taken its course and the munition canisters rusted thru....and poor Israel would keel over and die.

Why didn't they do it? Apparently, they don't want everyone in Israel dead.

Iran onl has a problem with the current Israeli regime trying to create ZION, put Israel in charge of the world......and we all have to drop to our knees and bow before our Israeli masters......

99% of inbred America doesn't even realize once they help Israel create ZION......lots of redneck Americans are going to have to drop to their knees and bow before their Israeli masters......well Americans already are bowing. Israeli's stole Americans country.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Would I be wrong to assume that you probably do not speak Iranian? Now, in accordance with that assumption, all you have read are english translations of what was said. I would have to ask what the motives would be for whoever translated said messages, as you can buy any truth these days. It's very easy to doctor something that someone said in another language (especially Arabic, and Oriental languages) and make it sound like they said something completely different. Hell, the media can even distort things that were said in english pretty effectively. All I can say is, when it comes to matters of war, take it from someone who knows. Nobody is innocent in this, nobody is trustworthy, and as usual, both sides are being played by the same people. Don't buy into all the saber rattling as it is only there to rationalise yet another illegal war. Just adopt a stance of non-compliance, pretend that they don't even exist, and if, god forbid, conscription becomes a reality, you have a nice home up here in Canada waiting for you, because if you agree to go, I can't speak for everyone, but in my eyes, that means you accept what can happen to you in war, and by proxy, when it does happen, it's your own fault. Remember that.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Too bad I speak Persian, I wonder if anyone will believe me when I say that Ahmadinejad never said "wipe Israel off the map". Anyone who speaks Persian (aka Farsi) or Dari (the Afghan version of Persian) will testify to that. There's a reason why it is called the biggest myth of this decade, and no doubt it is because even after being refuted over and over again, people are not reluctant to stop using the term "wipe Israel off the map" against Iran, and in support of war, destruction, misery and widespread human suffering.

The worse part is that people are saying Iran wants apocalypse, therefor the rational response to this supposed Iranian desire is to start apocalypse before Iran can start apocalypse. It is just retarded to the core.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by insaan

No need to yell at me eh lol I'm on your side. See, the only way I can make sense of those who believe the propaganda, is this analogy: We're all in a dark tunnel and most people are running towards the light because they think that it's their way out, their saviour-self if you will, while the rest of us are running in the other direction because we realize that the light is attached to a frickin' freight train headed full speed, right at us. Good analogy? I think it is lol. I just hope that more people wake up to the truth before it is too late, inshallah.(hope I spelled that right lol)
edit on 24/1/2012 by xXxinfidelxXx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I think much of what the OP has stated is more common sense than fact. However, since everyone seems to be demanding facts, I will let these facts speak for themselves.

Fact #1 According to the IAEA as reported by the BBC, Iran is up to 20% enrichment.
BBC News

Fact #2 You need 80% or higher enrichment to develop a nuclear weapon, which is what the USA dropped on Hiroshima in 1945. The Little Boy was 80% enrichment.
Wiki- Little Boy
Wiki- Enriched Uranium

So what does this mean?

Well first off all, let us start with some history shall we?

We can thank the US for the birth of the Iranian Nuclear Program which actually began in 1950 with the help of the USA and Western European Countries with the Atoms For Peace Program. Which was enacted by President Dwight D. Eisenhower and was used to find peaceful uses for atomic energy...fact #3.

US Participation in Iran Nuclear Program continued until the 1979 Iranian Revolution which toppled our propped up leader the Shah of Iran.
Wiki- Iranian Nuclear Program

So what we know is that if Iran is up to 20% enrichment, that level of enrichment can still be used for peaceful purposes. That is the level of enrichment used for Research Reactors and is still a far way away from the 80% needed to make a nuclear weapon.

Considering Iran has had an Atomic Program since the 50's and has just now reached 20% enrichment, how much longer do you think it will take before they actually reach 80%. Please keep in mind, Iran has not locked out weapons inspectors. So if Iran continues to enrich to higher levels, the world will know it long before they reach the 80% mark.

That is facts, and they speak for themselves.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Based on Iran's past actions I'd say they are not a threat at all, but now that we have meddled in their affairs for 60 years, Iran might feel like they are being cornered into a position where they might have to do something. I hear the sanctions placed on them have been pretty severe. Wasn't Japan placed into a similar position in the '40s?

It's not like they've invaded multiple countries in the past decade, turning them into unstable terror-ridden nations or anything. I wouldn't expect them to nuke Israel, either. It would be suicide and they know that. Ahmadinejad's whole "wipe Israel off the face of the map" was taken out of context, anyway. Just like attacking our ships near the straits would be a bad idea, they haven't done it.

They've exercised great restraint in the face of aggressive demands to stop evolving technologically, assassinations, and other covert operations but I suspect if and when they choose to respond, it will be no laughing matter.

So I guess yes they are a threat, in that they are being backed into a corner.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like I was attacking you, I was talking about those people who continue to use the term "wipe Israel off the map" and act like they know what they're talking about. I know you're not one of them, I read your comments. Sorry again, I was actually agreeing with you.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by xstealth
Would Iran really nuke Israel? NOT A CHANCE....

1) Muslims want it because they view it as their holy land; a nuke would demolish their holy land and effectively be a suicide on their own religion.

2) The retaliation would turn their country into a crater

3) They have no way to deliver the bomb.

Has political propaganda convinced you otherwise?

It's just an excuse to start another war, and a great weapon to convince non-independent thinkers that Ron Paul is dangerous. They kill two birds with one stone.

But NO MUSLIM would ever desecrate their own 'holy' land, and what do you think a Nuke would do? Send it into a pile of rubble, then their own country.

State your facts, or admit your embarrassment for believing this fable.

Oh boy I hate to break this to you but, Isalm is divided into two main factions. It is true that to the Sunni The Dome of the Rock in Jerusalem is a holy site, the 3rd most in fact. Iran however is not Sunni they are Shias and to them is not even in the top ten. So now you have the facts I suggest you update your fable.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join