It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange symbol in my painting...eeerrrieeeee...?!?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
Whenever I drive back to my hometown of Herkimer NY, I pass this stretch of swampy land just east of Syracuse NY, and your tree is what all the trees look like for hundreds of yards in that area. Behind them, in the distance, you can see pines and the expanse of normal coverage for that area, but right next to the Thruway, all you see is the same dead, white/gray hardwood trees standing up in that marshland in the same exact manner has they have for the last 40+ years. None of them have ever fallen over or offered a single leaf over the course of my own lifetime of having seen them, and they're dead as hell but refuse to fall. Probably the result of too much water in that one area that used to not be that way at one time.

I'm pretty struck by your painting. It's almost like a representative image of what I have always considered to be the "gateway" road sign to my hometown area since having moved away to the Midwest. Weird.

This is where the painting image is located.
In case anyone was wondering.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Looks like you guys are about 1400 miles apart....
would be cool though.
darkblade, I looked up blackthorn staff but I don't see the guy carrying one. maybe you do...
I'm just fascinated with this painting, seriously, if you make prints please let me know.

got a lot of mythology to catch up on.....

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by horseplay

Not important

I'm just glad I got it all figured out. Until I did, it was a damn scary feeling.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
The contrast between the tree and surroundings is very well done, and I love the way you've drawn the water. It kind of reminds me of some graffiti art I've seen (the style, not the content) but it feels like the natural progression from graffiti. Very nice

ETA symbolic tree from Lord of the Rings anyone?
edit on 8-2-2012 by BelowLowAnnouncement because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by BelowLowAnnouncement

Thanks for the compliment!

2nd

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by darkblade71

left you a link in the other r... forum where you mentioned your painting and its possible meaning.
its a bit of a stretch but we are all looking for answers

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by CitizenNum287119327

I got it figured out, thank you though. You were correct in your post on the other thread. This was a psychic painting of a death that occurred back in 2009.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

I came across your painting very late! I am just going to post what this painting means to me. I'm sure it has different meanings for others.

BTW... very impressive painting!

At the top of the volcano I see a very large snake rising from the smoke. This to me represents the Snake God, Quetazlcoatl of the Mayans rearing his head again, which was predicted to happen on May 20, 2012. You could have been seeing his coming as a spiritual prediction.
The bare tree, for me, represents the Tree of Knowledge that has been stripped bare by these spiritual beings spreading false knowledge. I see some sort of creatures that appear to be from the dinosaur family standing on the side of the volcano. I see a Sasquatch at the bottom left. The dragon you see at the waterfall looks more like the Sasquatch's paw to me, but could be a dragon, if you look at it differently. I also see an alligator, or large Crock in the rock at the edge of the water on the opposite side.I see a faerie sitting in the flower, also.

The message I, personally, receive from your painting is that all these creatures are from the Reptilian family of alien species, including the Sasquatch and dinosaur creatures.
The dead tree being white tells me the tree still holds enlightenment. The green grass still growing around it's roots, shows the tree is still being fed at the roots with spiritual knowledge/wisdom. The white faerie means this is mystical knowledge/wisdom.
The entire painting gives a gloom and doom feeling, which is what these Reptilian beings are, and will continue to inflict upon the Earth until it is almost barren. I also noticed there are no human life forms in your painting, which is what the Reptilians seek. They want to take over our world, and have it for themselves in the end.
edit on 6/3/2012 by sled735 because: addition to comment

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by sled735

reply to post by TerryMcGuire

I came across your painting very late! I am just going to post what this painting means to me. I'm sure it has different meanings for others.

BTW... very impressive painting!

At the top of the volcano I see a very large snake rising from the smoke. This to me represents the Snake God, Quetazlcoatl of the Mayans rearing his head again, which was predicted to happen on May 20, 2012. You could have been seeing his coming as a spiritual prediction.
The bare tree, for me, represents the Tree of Knowledge that has been stripped bare by these spiritual beings spreading false knowledge. I see some sort of creatures that appear to be from the dinosaur family standing on the side of the volcano. I see a Sasquatch at the bottom left. The dragon you see at the waterfall looks more like the Sasquatch's paw to me, but could be a dragon, if you look at it differently. I also see an alligator, or large Crock in the rock at the edge of the water on the opposite side.I see a faerie sitting in the flower, also.

The message I, personally, receive from your painting is that all these creatures are from the Reptilian family of alien species, including the Sasquatch and dinosaur creatures.
The dead tree being white tells me the tree still holds enlightenment. The green grass still growing around it's roots, shows the tree is still being fed at the roots with spiritual knowledge/wisdom. The white faerie means this is mystical knowledge/wisdom.
The entire painting gives a gloom and doom feeling, which is what these Reptilian beings are, and will continue to inflict upon the Earth until it is almost barren. I also noticed there are no human life forms in your painting, which is what the Reptilians seek. They want to take over our world, and have it for themselves in the end.

I wanted to add that I, accidentally, came across a symbol called "The Mensch ruin. It represents man's higher state, the god-like plane hidden in all of us, our perfected selves. It looks very similar to the tree in your painting. I freaked out when I saw it because the odds of me coming across this symbol just after viewing your painting are like 1 in 10000000000000000000000000000000!!!!

edit on 6/4/2012 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I'm new here and just seeing this thread but wanted to say-- you got skillz! Awesome painting, and--it's watercolor!?!
it looks almost like oil pastels-- beautiful job. Thanks for sharing your art!

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Op, I am a painter as well. When I paint, I am almost in a trance like state, so I believe our subconscious comes out freely. Very liberating isn't it? I see can see your fears in that painting. I can also see your passion.
I laughed when you said it wasn't finished. Are they ever finished? I just have to say, OK, STOP already, or I would work on the same piece forever.
From one artist to another it's a nice piece. I like your style. Don't fine tune much more, it looks great now. Great color contrast. I also like the fov, it has a fish bowl like distortion.
Really nice work, keep painting.
Thanks for sharing

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Thanks all for the kind words and insights!

I'm kind of pleasantly surprised it gets such good reviews....never good at taking compliments, but thanks everyone!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Starcrossd

It is acrylics!

2nd line

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

You have such an interesting angle on that!

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

reply to post by sled735

You have such an interesting angle on that!

Yeah, well............. you know me. I think way out there sometimes.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join