It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange symbol in my painting...eeerrrieeeee...?!?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

What I see... with a bad cut & paste job

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

I see it.

There is a subconscious undertow of symbols that it seems all humans understand on some level.
So it would reason in my mind that when digging out subconscious information, it would almost be universal.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Indeed.

Thanks again for sharing your painting. I honestly think it is amazing.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
i love the painting! my personal interpretation is that it is mt rainier erupting.....maaybe because ive been worked up all day reading about the darn volcano

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
reply to post by QueSeraSera

The dragons nose is the wood almost touching the waterfall

Oh, the crocodile. It shares its "teeth" with the sasquatch's left-hand "claws". Ha!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Just wanted to say 'Thank you' for your post again.
Thank you!

You've inspired me to go back and work through revising some of my own work.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I now know what this painting is.
I think I knew all along. It now has a name.

The name of this painting is PTSD.
What you are looking at is my minds attempt to make you feel the perspective of someone with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

I had an OMG! moment.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
I now know what this painting is.
I think I knew all along. It now has a name.

The name of this painting is PTSD.
What you are looking at is my minds attempt to make you feel the perspective of someone with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

I had an OMG! moment.

It's a beautiful process discovering your work as your work is discovering itself, almost like getting to know someone. Bit by bit the more time you spend, the work reveals more and more of itself, sometimes in surprising unexpected ways. Whether it's paint, digital art, music, sculpture, words, or whatever the medium, the piece is hidden, waiting, waiting for you to bring it out of hiding piece by piece to show the rest of the world.

Sometimes this process causes you to argue and fight with the work, but, in the end, agreements are made and everything comes together as it should.

You've done a fantastic job!

Can't wait til yo show us your NEXT one!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

Yeah, this was a very fun/interesting process.

I have always loved certain types of art, Franzeta,old Tolkien, Molly Hatchet Album covers.
and wanted something to hang on my wall.
LOL

When I painted it I fought a lot over keeping it a scenery,as it originally began, and trying something different with it.All it took was one little image in the painting to set me off on well, what it became. It was a very strange experience, I love it when that happens.

As to my next project, I am going to paint a couple of drawing I have. Dragon/wizard art type stuff.

edit on 23-1-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by angeldoll

I didn't see your question earlier, sorry about that.
I did not realize at the time, but yes. I am the tree I believe.
The person looking at the painting is standing behind me while I show them what it is to have PTSD, or that is what I see now. I did not see that when I painted it.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I want to thank everyone who participated in this thread, it was a HUGE help to me once I realized to not think in actual symbols as much as abstract symbols. THANK YOU ALL!!

This painting was an epiphany for me.

I feel very odd about it.
lol

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

It's an amazing painting, really. This is the year of the "tree of life", and the only thing perhaps "creepy" about it, it that it appears to be both a tree of light, but a dead tree with no life. Give it a little greenery and you might feel better about it!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

That was a part of the oddness.

The colors in the painting are to give it an unreal feel, because it is an unreal place, although real within my mind.
The color of the tree is important as is the lack of greenery.
The tree is indeed dead, but yet, even it in it's death, It still stands as a symbol with power. Hence the glowing around the tree.

The tree is magical, in this place. It marks the boundary of conscious and subconscious. When I originally started with the painting, the tree was the point of sacred ground, which is what I was thinking of naming the painting.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Could you superimpose a living tree behind it, as a symbol of death and resurrection..? Of course you're the artist, so it's entirely up to you.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

watercolors are so fluid and wonderful for anyone. I have myself seem some odd pics in stuff I did years
ago. I'm not really an artist don't think and don't think the little images I saw I could have done on purpose
if I tried !!! enjoy the serendipitious things that come along once in a while. Like many children, maybe
you apply simple strokes and manage to create something others take note of. If only you, well than so
be it. If it is anything special you may know what it is someday.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by njl51

Yep. I thoroughly enjoyed making the painting and that is the point really. I did a psychological experiment with myself and paint.
In the end,
It looks great on my wall!
Which was the original intent, cause my walls are bare. lol

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Could you superimpose a living tree behind it, as a symbol of death and resurrection..? Of course you're the artist, so it's entirely up to you.

I was thinking of working on the flower some more, adding leaves etc but cannot touch the tree. It is a part of a strange painting and something in my head tells me I am not allowed to paint it

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I want a much bigger picture of it if possible!

Love it!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

That was my thought as well, it needs to be bigger. This is something that would belong on a 20 foot high wall to get the total effect. It is hard to get the feeling from an 11in x8in painting.

I'll see if I can't somehow blow up a bigger version of it to post.

I think that should do it a little better anyways.
edit on 25-1-2012 by Darkblade71 because: added picture

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
You can see the beasts head much better now, it is actually two and possibly 3 different beings in one depending on how you look at it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join