It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Churches groups forced to give Birth Control by Government

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

us.m.yahoo .com

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Obama administration on Friday ruled that religiously affiliated nonprofit organizations, including hospitals and universities, will have to offer birth-control coverage to women employees but gave the organizations an extra year to comply.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
none
edit on 21-1-2012 by anthonygillespie2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I think this is a good idea to stop unwanted pregnancy and abortions. So what do you think? This is going to upset alot of churches against the abortions though. Hmmmmmmmm. I guess lets wait and see what could happen when they decide to refuse. Jesus how many of my comments do I have to even put towards a fricken news submission lol oh just txt txt txt. Hope news submission goes through test test.

us.m.yahoo .com

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Well bro if you had read the article, you would know that churches are EXEMPT from this ruling. This ruling covers religious non profit groups like hospitals and universities. No Churches are affected.
This was handed down so that female employees of these groups can have access to birth control from their health insurance providers which generally allow for this in any other sector.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Here's a story that provides more information in general and presents some thoughts from both sides. Obama is telling religious organizations that they have to provide free contraception, including the morning after pill, to their employees even though it violates their religion.

Alternate story

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Though I don't agree with any person, organisation, or religious group being forced to do anything that is not part of their own beliefs.

That being said, I will say that what Religious groups complain about are far from the real issues.

These same people who yell and scream about this and that, are the same people who vote for people like Romney, Santorum and Gingrich. And sit there and call people like Ron Paul the antichrist.

Evangelicals were the first in line to Lynch Bill Clinton for a "personal" situation, yet the majority of them voted for Gingrich in South Carolina.

I am a Christian, but will be the first to say I am sick and tired of organized religion telling people that what is they do wrong, but only if it suits their beliefs.

Example
Abortion. I have no problem with their stance against it and believe it is up to the states to decide (I personally do not agree with it, but I do not speak for everyone)

Yet these same people yelling and screaming about abortion, are the same people who want war after war after war, which kills thousands of innocent people (both US citizens and citizens of other countries. )

If you want the freedom to do one thing and not do another, vote for a candidate that will give that to you.

This is why I support Ron Paul.
edit on 21-1-2012 by tw0330 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by anthonygillespie2012

I think this is a good idea to stop unwanted pregnancy and abortions. So what do you think? This is going to upset alot of churches against the abortions though. Hmmmmmmmm. I guess lets wait and see what could happen when they decide to refuse. Jesus how many of my comments do I have to even put towards a fricken news submission lol oh just txt txt txt. Hope news submission goes through test test.

us.m.yahoo .com

anthony,

Life, physical and spiritual begins at conception.

The "pill" and other contraception cause an abortion! They keep the
newly conceived baby, a brand new person with a body and a soul
from attaching to the uterine wall.

That's one of the reasons the Church has not changed on her teachings.
Contraception is an intrinsic evil. God decides life and death.

BHO, we see, every time, goes against God. One of the inventors
of the "pill" condemns it now.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
Here's a story that provides more information in general and presents some thoughts from both sides. Obama is telling religious organizations that they have to provide free contraception, including the morning after pill, to their employees even though it violates their religion.

Alternate story

That article says nothing of the sort... "religious organizations", uh no.. "church-affiliated hospitals, colleges and social service agencies", yes.

..and the voo-doo mumbo jumbo-affiliated, don't have to "provide" free contraception.. they do have to "offer" it.. to people who want it.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Not hateful at all.

When these couples like to parade their inbred children (ex: The Duggars) around on TV as some kind of "accomplishment", then they deserve the criticism that comes their way.

We blame a lot of things for overpopulation but I bet you that most people don't look at churches as the source of this problem.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by Violater1

Not hateful at all.

When these couples like to parade their inbred children (ex: The Duggars) around on TV as some kind of "accomplishment", then they deserve the criticism that comes their way.

We blame a lot of things for overpopulation but I bet you that most people don't look at churches as the source of this problem.

Overpopulation is a myth. A myth from the Margaret Sanger types.
Children are a blessing.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

us.m.yahoo .com

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Obama administration on Friday ruled that religiously affiliated nonprofit organizations, including hospitals and universities, will have to offer birth-control coverage to women employees but gave the organizations an extra year to comply.

Related News Links:

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
none

One big problem, WHEN THE HECK DID THE EXECUTIVE BRANCH GET TO RULE ON ANYTHING?
Look at it, a government agency creating a "rule", a piece of legislation. Legislation that is itself made in violation of Congress and the 1st Amendment that expressly prohibits the Government from interfering with religion.

Obama is a threat to civil security as he keeps acting like an absolute monarch. He needs to be impeached and tried for treason, as well as failure to uphold his oath of office.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by korathin

please remove obama and put ron paul then.No more warmongers please or the world will have nuclear war in a sometime surely.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
it seems to me that if they WERE forced to give out birth control by the govt, and they were flat out against it, then all they'd have to do was quit taking federal money. Problem solved.

I never liked the religious groups getting federal money anyway.

Here we have this thing called JESUS in the Park. They get food donated from federal funds then they only advertise it as ALL CHRISTIANS WELCOME and never say the food comes from the fed. Everyone is like those people at that church are so great to give out all this food.

I'm like grit my teeth, yeah, wonderful.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

I think this is a good idea to stop unwanted pregnancy and abortions.

- Forcing religious based hospitals/doctors to provide birth control will do nothing to stop unwanted pregnancy. There are MANY OTHER VENUES that people can go to in order to get birth control. These are not the only outlets.

- Forcing religious based hospitals/doctors to provide birth control goes against their belief system and is a clear case of the government interfering with the religious beliefs and practices of US citizens.

Originally posted by The Sword
When these couples like to parade their inbred children (ex: The Duggars) around on TV

You really didn't just say that, did you?
What those reality tv show media hogs do has NOTHING to do with the unconstitutional situation we are discussing. People have a right to be doctors or to open hospitals that adhere to their religious beliefs. The hospitals tell people up front that they are religious based (example - St. Francis, St. Marys, etc). If someone wants birth control then they know NOT to go to a religious based hospital to get it but instead can go to the free clinics that are everywhere, or to their own doctors, or to a city hospital, or an aid outlet (tons of those in strip malls now) etc etc

This move by the government is totally wrong. Period. It reeks of someones athiest agenda ...

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
FlyersFan,

Hi, how have you been? One of you apologetic posts, maybe not in
this thread, another, was really well spoken. Way to go.

I wish people would see God's plan as He has laid it out. All those
thinking oh yes, abortion is evil but there's nothing wrong with
Birth Control. To everybody who misunderstands God's teaching
on birth control. I am not making fun, it's God's choice, He decides
life and death. That's easy.

Do you want to arrive at your particular judgment at death to hear
it from God Himself? No! My parents had 10 children because they
accepted God's revelation on contraception.

Obama said a "pregnancy" is a punishment. Marxist Muslim. He
isn't Christian. Pray for his conversion...

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

The government's decision does not apply to churches, synagogues, mosques, temples and some religiously-affiliated elementary and secondary schools, which remain exempt.

"This proposal strikes the appropriate balance between respecting religious freedom and increasing access to important preventive services."

Just for those who never read the whole source.

~
I'm somewhat torn on the issue. For one, I think it's ridiculous for any hospital to limit any medical practice, regardless of the patients beliefs, because of the founders beliefs. It is, in a roundabout way, forcing your beliefs on someone else.

However, people can run businesses how they want. I'm not one for capitalism, but I do believe in the sovereignty of business owners. Is this a violation of people's rights to run a business how they please?

This is what comes to mind though. There's only one hospital in my area that covers two close but separate towns. It's named after a Saint. Imagine, if this hospital refused any specific treatment because of religious beliefs. Anyone in either town who had a related issue, would have to travel probably down to the cities, at least an hour away. There may be other closer towns with hospitals that I'm unaware of, but the point is the same.

What if some Jehovah's Witnesses started a hospital? They belief it's better to die than get a blood transfusion if they need it. My mother even carries a card on her at all times saying that if she's unconscious and dying, not to transfuse her. A hospital that refused blood transfusions to anyone, regardless of if they are religiously against it? Would that be ok? Letting people die, or getting them air lifted to other hospitals(endangering their lives in all the time wasted doing so?)

What if someone believed leukemia was a curse sent by God, and refused to treat it? Or, as many actually do, AIDS? What if a hospital said they had a right to refuse medical treatment to those with Cancer?

~
The more I think about it. The more I'd have to agree with this decision. If you're gonna be the primary medical provider for an area, it's you're responsibility to put that before religious ideology. If you can't do that, with an issue as big as Cancer, or as little as contraception, you shouldn't get into the medical business to start.

This is not an issue where the businesses sovereignty is the most important. The value of the public's needs definitely outweighs it at this case.

Maybe, just maybe, there should be an exception clause. Certain hospitals should maybe be allowed to not serve Birth Control, if they file for it and can prove that people that people in the area they're in have adequate access otherwise.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
The fruit of contraception is abortion. Mother Teresa went further and
said the fruit of abortion is nuclear war.

The just judgment of God is coming down soon unless we pray and make
reparation...abortion is the #1reason given by Heaven.

Look at these times, so dark, almost all sexual sins are accepted, no
longer considered a sin!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join