It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President-- You have to be crazy to run!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Ok people please stop acting so shocked whenever you find something "bad about" or a skeleton in a candidates closet. Please, you are not waking up, people aren't sheeple, and nobody's getting fooled.

It is part of the criteria for the Presidential candidates to be a little crazy!!!

This is how people pick their presidents:
They research what they stand for.
They research their ideas and solutions.
They might research their past history or education.
They rarely research relationship problems
They rarely research financial issues.

After all, if they researched education issues or financial issues most of the population wouldn't have voted for Obama last time around would they????

Every time someone finds something questionable about the candidates and blows it out of proportion I laugh because they make a big deal out of nothing!!!! What do you expect? These people to be perfect????

If you want or expect politicians to be perfect than that is ignorance at its peak! Oh, and before you go shouting about Obama or Ron Paul, the ones that seem to have a clear perfect record usually have a lot more to hide or their true colors emerge when its too late!!!

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I actually do look into financial issues. For example, while i'm struggling to survive and feed my child, I always look at how much tax I pay. When I see i'm paying 20+% every time I get paid it makes me sick. It's a big dent. Then I see someone like Romney, who pays 15% on the millions and millions hes made that makes me sicker. And the fact that he uses tax havens and brags about it?

How am I supposed to want someone like that in office? Someone who cheats the system? And someone who promotes corporate interests. Is he really going to look out for the middle class? Or is the corporation with the biggest wallet going to get everything they want?

Gingrich, with his relationship problems IS an issue. Here is a guy who preaches "family values" and then cheats on two of his wife's? Hypocrite.

I care more about the character of the person, and how much I agree with their point of view on the country. Yes, of course I'm pulling for Paul. And if he doesn't make it to the ballot come November, then I'm not even bothering to vote. I think this whole voting caucus stuff is nonsense. I think anyone who wants to run for president should get the required signatures to get on the ballot. Then come November the people vote for who THEY want. Not for who a few states decide THEY think should run.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Hate to disagree, but have to on this one:

This is how people pick their presidents:
They research what they stand for.
They research their ideas and solutions.
They might research their past history or education.
They rarely research relationship problems
They rarely research financial issues.

It is more like, people pick their president based on what ticket they are running on, and what the talking heads say.....I am so fed up with the comment, 'He has the best chance at beating Obama, that is why I am voting for him'.....Seriously?? You will vote for someone because they can beat the other guy, and his views or ideas play no part in that decision? WOW.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

If I was American...I would vote for the newtron grinch before the currently elected.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by pointr97

Newt can sweep Obama in a debate no question about it. The man knows his historical facts and that makes the media uncomfortable. Newt on Foreign Policy and Job creation plus Ron Paul on the economy might make Obama run away and hide!!!!

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DerekJR321

Did you vote for Obama last time? Then call yourself a hypocrite. He was backed by bankers, but I bet none of his followers knew that then.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by pointr97
.....I am so fed up with the comment, 'He has the best chance at beating Obama, that is why I am voting for him'.....Seriously?? You will vote for someone because they can beat the other guy, and his views or ideas play no part in that decision? WOW.

Its scary but I TRULY believe that our deluded Republican supporters among us would vote for Hitler if he was running for President against Obama. They just want Obama out period because they just dont like him.

These fools listen to their ignorant right-wing media talking heads (who are funded by the wealthy to spew propaganda and lies) and then this retard brigade of right-wingers end up with the belief of voting for whoever would win, and NOT who is the better candidate.

The right-wing nut talking heads do the thinking for the republican cult. Unless folks are WEALTHY, they are total FOOLS for voting for ANY Republican.

But keep listening to those ASININE right-wing fools on the radio and on Fox.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

Yes, we want Obama out. How is that a bad thing? His record has been horrible!!!!

new topics

top topics

join