It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child abuse ???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Can people STOP shouting "Child abuse" every time they read about a parent who raises their child in a way they dont agree with. I see it time and time again in these forums for the silliest of reasons. For eg: I just saw a thread about parents who concealed the gender of their child for five years to avoid all the stereotyping and emmediately we have people screaming "Child abuse". The child was not being beaten or sexualy abused and did not suffer mentaly and in fact is quite happy.

Children who have suffered REAL abuse would be insulted, please stop it.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

You have valid points and I agree that isnt abuse, but I dont think childen should be used as a social experiment. I mean how limelight is that? "Im sooooooooooooo righteous and artsy blah blah blah I drive a hybrid"

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
AGREED!

Many People Yell and Scream freedom.

But only many of them are the first to judge you when they don't agree with what you do.

Abuse is abuse.

Abuse is not disagreeing with something society tells you to do.
edit on 21-1-2012 by tw0330 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

when i was young back in the eighty's and late seventy's there was no such thing as child abuse.Unless a hospital was involved....any kid can cry wolf these days and totally destroy a family with out even knowing it..and than again,being the gracious parent i am,I understand that certain nut jobs should not be able to reproduce cause of the factor of irresponsibility...cheers to the lil one's

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LongbottomLeaf
.............., but I dont think childen should be used as a social experiment...................

OK, so maybe not child abuse, but what about the confusion.

For FIVE years.....did the refer to the child as "IT" rather than he or she?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
There are a great many things that are labeled as child abuse that simple aren't, on that point I agree. There are a few things, however, that simply are.

- Causing physical and visible harm to a child. The line has to be drawn on a case by case basis.
- Long term emotional abuse
- Sexual Abuse of any kind
- Causing serious detriment to their health: obesity, hazardous living conditions, etc

These are the big ones.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LongbottomLeaf

I dont think childen should be used as a social experiment. I mean how limelight is that? "Im sooooooooooooo righteous and artsy blah blah blah I drive a hybrid"

I agree 100%. Just sick of hearing "Child abuse" when its just not true.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
This has been discussed here at length.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 21-1-2012 by vogon42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

Couldn't have put it better. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

[color=dodgerblue]You referenced my thread in your OP, so I thought I would respond.

[color=dodgerblue]Sure.

Sasha wasn't beaten.

He wasn't starved.

He hasn't been neglected.

He hasn't been abused in the traditional sense.

But what his parents are doing to him? Still isn't right. They are saying that they are raising him in a 'gender neutral' fashion, but at the very same time they are pushing overtly feminine ideas on him. I think it qualifies as psychological abuse.

Sasha isn't allowed to wear masculine clothing, but is allowed to wear sparkly pink bathing suits and tutus.

Sasha isn't allowed to wear cargo pants, but fairy wings? Those are fine.

Why not just let him be a boy? What would be wrong with that?

The child is going to be so confused, if he isn't already. They are setting him up for a childhood full of bullying and a constant struggle for him to try to see where exactly he fits in. Boy or girl? He probably isn't too sure.

So yes. I can agree that he hasn't been physically abused. I will give you that.

But I cannot and will not agree that this social experiment that his ultra-feminist-blogger mother is putting him through doesn't qualify as abuse on some level.

Link to the thread the OP mentioned

edit on 22-1-2012 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

That photo is clearly a christmas photo and its even possible the child liked it.

HOWEVER

I DO understand where your coming from. Many parents (if thats the right word for some of them) use/see their children as fashion accessories and god knows what else etc and like you I know its wrong.

I just feel if we use "Child abuse" all the time we could miss the real cases where children suffer from those monsters.

I wasnt getting at you personaly so appologies if thats what you thought.

new topics

top topics

join