It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newt Gingrich with 40% Of Vote? -- SC Primary

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

I understand your thought. Dr. Paul should stress more with those type of statements that it should be a local state/private program. Not a federal waste program which extremely inflates the costs of school just like anything else.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Two questions for whoever .... 1 - Romeny is the crown prince so what happened to that? 2 - How the heck did Gingrich get his numbers jacked so high so quickly? Did the Palin non-endorsement endorsement push it that high??

As far as Romney is concerned, I don't know of any conservative that likes him. He may be the chosen one of the Republican party fat cats up in DC and of the liberal loving media, but to say that the rank and file aren't sold on him is an understatement. If he goes on to win the nomination, it'll be because the lousy GOP leadership rigged the game from the start by keeping better candidates out of the race and giving him a bunch of cupcakes to run against. The problem for Mitt is that no self-respecting conservative can vote for him and he may yet lose this race to one of them.

Newt? I think the reason his numbers jumped so quickly is that those same conservatives needed someone to vote for and finally decided that they could hold their noses and vote for him. In that sense, it may be as much or more an anti-Romney vote as a show of support for Gingrich.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

I doubt he'll win Florida,
Unless he can spew some of his filth in fluent Spanish...

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Someone once told me the meaning of Insanity...

Originally posted by ker2010

Nope your just voting for the same ole same and expecting different results.

edit on 22-1-2012 by SmArTbEaTz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Two questions for whoever .... 1 - Romeny is the crown prince so what happened to that? 2 - How the heck did Gingrich get his numbers jacked so high so quickly? Did the Palin non-endorsement endorsement push it that high??

As far as Romney is concerned, I don't know of any conservative that likes him. He may be the chosen one of the Republican party fat cats up in DC and of the liberal loving media, but to say that the rank and file aren't sold on him is an understatement. If he goes on to win the nomination, it'll be because the lousy GOP leadership rigged the game from the start by keeping better candidates out of the race and giving him a bunch of cupcakes to run against. The problem for Mitt is that no self-respecting conservative can vote for him and he may yet lose this race to one of them.

Newt? I think the reason his numbers jumped so quickly is that those same conservatives needed someone to vote for and finally decided that they could hold their noses and vote for him. In that sense, it may be as much or more an anti-Romney vote as a show of support for Gingrich.

I think it's important to remember that Romney has been the establishment candidate for so long that many Republicans resent him for being crammed down their throats. It's more than possible that at least some of the votes that Gingrich picked up (and it was a very healthy double-digit victory) consisted of middle fingers being directed at GOP HQ, followed by much waggling.
Florida should be very, very, interesting. I wonder how much existential despair is floating around in The Romney Unit's HQ tonight? I bet that they muck up reprogramming him and that his first words at the next Republican debate are: "404 error. Reboot!"

<< 1  2   >>

join