It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Ron Paul sold out?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Dirty secret Ron Paul fanboys don't like to be let known: Ron Paul supported Lamar Smith for his re-election to the US congress in Texas. The same Lamar Smith was the chief backer of SOPA. You may have heard about that bill around here lately. Smith also voted for the bailouts in 2008-2009 and voted for the Patriot Act.

In a 2010 interview (video below), Paul responded to Smith's endorsement that "I'm a member of the Republican Party. I'm the most independent Republican in Congress, but there is a limit to the amount of independence you can get away with."

Paul has made it clear he will not be running again after this election, and after a 4th place finish in South Carolina he is still without a primary victory.

All Ron Paul has served is to be the libertarian flypaper for the Republican Party and I think he knows it. He enjoys the legions of followers who are going to be buying his books and paying $100 a ticket to go to speaking engagements.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by FSBlueApocalypse

Uh huh. Call me when Ron Paul gets hundreds of thousands of dollars in donations from Goldman Sachs.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Call me when Paul supports candidates who share his views instead of towing the party line to keep his Republican goon cohorts happy.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Who would you like to see be the next actor allegedly in charge if not Ron Paul?

Did Ron support the SOPA/PIPA bills, or just the psycho before he wrote them up?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Tell me this: How many candidates in the government do share his views? Please name all of them.

I'll give you one that comes close: Rand Paul.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Ron Paul has made (many, many more) in America aware...of the truth of the Federal government...and quite frankly...from day one he has been consistent and I believe honest.

I have noticed the other politicians (campaigning for the Republican nomination) have adopted many of Ron Paul's stances on the issues.

I do not believe that Ron Paul has (sold out) for one second.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I haven't been excited about any candidate yet, but I'd like to take Ron Paul's side against the OP. Simply, you support people that are closer to your positions than the other guy. No one exactly mirrors Ron Paul, his support was simply a way of saying I like Lamar better than the other guy.

I can't fault Paul here, based on the evidence provided.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
You think any of the other 3 will think about you when this election over?

Right now they smile at you, tell you only they can keep you warm and fuzzy.

Talk the same crap, Family values, Wave a Flag and a vote for me will bring the Unicorns.

After the election, Bills passed to help Wall Street, Iran gets attacked, and you lose more value of your money, and more jobs.

If your real lucky , Your city wont get picked , but 1 or more will, I hope Im wromg, I fear Im not.

So go ahead , elect a Warmonger.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Talk the same crap, Family values, Wave a Flag and a vote for me will bring the Unicorns.

After the election, Bills passed to help Wall Street, Iran gets attacked, and you lose more value of your money, and more jobs.

And we're supposed to believe an overwhelming majority of people just voted for Gingrich.

Good times are ahead. After people are disappointed by this election, we grow even more restless and tired of the manipulation. We come that much closer to the endgame, and a chance to actually change things. Even if Paul got elected, it would be one man against a corrupt congress. The worse it gets, the closer we are to revolution.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

I can't speak for or defend his letter on behalf of Lamar Smith, but to claim Paul tows the party line, that's just being obtuse.

new topics

top topics

join