It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a new paradigm in digital activism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
the digital activist in the twenty first century has more in their favour than ever before.

This app is the start of a new paradigm in activism that could help us put democracy back into the hands of the people.

the real choice is yours,
support the companies who supported sopa,
or boycott thier asses

the emergence of the boycott SOPA app was a huge advance in the ability to recognise the "enemey" who is trying to destroy the free net. the 1% got together with their money and connections and tryed to force a MAJOR change to free speach on the internet DOWN OUR THROATS.

they were met with blackouts and one very interesting advancement in digital activism,
the "who" are the supports of this corperate written and corperate benifactor legislation.

up till now people would hate their congressmen and women for no supporting their values and could do nothing to show displeasure at corperate written legislation, without a means to show disaproval.

then along comes the app that lets everyone know "who" supported this "attack" on our beloved net and our personal freedoms, and them gave them a choice on "whos" product they would buy,
the sopa supporters product or a compeditors product.

when the supporters of sopa decided to try to crush the net they thought they were invisable to the masses,
this app proves they are not.

this app proves that WE the people are powerful in our everyday choises on WHAT to buy and weather we want OUR money from going to companies who would wish us silent.

to everybody on the net,

DONT STOP USING BOYCOTT SOPA they are the 1% you hear so much about,
those that dont understand the need for free speach

and to bring that piece of trash legislation to congress shows contempt from the 1% who supported this bill on the people who are their customers.

we need to apply pressure NOW to ensure no dumb asses try the same thing ever again.

we need to make them scared of providing legislation that we will object to.

ITS NOT ENOUGHT TO WIN THIS ONE,
we must ensure that the 1% NEVER tries this again.
and they only way they will learn is if we decide we have pricipals and power within our purchases.

it may not be convienient,
but i would much rather be principaled and have the net and be inconvienced,
than to let the sopa supporters contiune for another attack on us on another day

support boycott sopa app
BE THE CHANGE YOU SEEK
vote for your future with your wallets

piece and light
xploder

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

ITS NOT ENOUGHT TO WIN THIS ONE,
we must ensure that the 1% NEVER tries this again.
Looks like they're already one step ahead of you:
Lamar, the author of SOPA comes back with an even worse bill

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
they don't intend to stop, watch thrive, took me long enough to realise I should have sooner, balls to zeitgist.

I was intending to not use google starting from the moment I heard they were already implimenting sopa like policys but 1 i lack the list of the rest of the supporters, minus the ones who realised (sony for one, good call.) and 2 if not google then what as a search engine? I used to know an open source one thanks to an IRC conversation but windows vista + time = link gone.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
As soon as they come up with Impeach your Senator ap I;m getting a blackberry.
Need more aps that give the power back to the people.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

hi
here is a list of traitors and the sums of money they accepted from sopa supporters

Congressmen Who Received Money for SOPA Vote

Here is a list of Congressional politicians in favor of the bill known as SOPA and PIPA and the amounts of money they received from the SOPA backers who bought their favor in voting yes for both bills.

The Winners are:

Money Received from Pipa Sponsors:

Sen. Charles Schumer [D, NY] $864,265

Sen. Harry Reid [D, NV] $665,420

Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand [D, NY] $556,525

Sen. Barbara Boxer [D, CA] $544,424

Sen. Patrick Leahy [D, VT] $416,250 (head sponsor of pipa btw)

Sen. Michael Bennet [D, CO] $347,406

Sen. Roy Blunt [R, MO] $341,700

Sen. Robert Portman [R, OH] $337,525

Sen. Richard Burr [R, NC] $275,950

Sen. Patty Murray [D, WA] $272,750

Money Received from Sopa Sponsors:

Sen. Harry Reid [D, NV] $3,502,624

Sen. Charles Schumer [D, NY] $2,648,770

Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand [D, NY] $2,080,651

Sen. Barbara Boxer [D, CA] $1,431,843

Sen. Scott Brown [R, MA] $1,364,872

Sen. Robert Portman [R, OH] $1,363,009

Sen. Patrick Toomey [R, PA] $1,291,744

Sen. Michael Bennet [D, CO] $1,019,172

Sen. Mark Kirk [R, IL] $911,296

Sen. Patrick Leahy [D, VT] $905,310

Read more: www.politicolnews.com...

source

please dont vote for these ass hats

they deserve the unemployment line for selling thier souls

xploder

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
This also comes with a new paradigm in representative stupidity....

motherboard.vice.com...

Later, Iowa Representative Steve King tweeted, somewhat ironically, about surfing the internet on his phone because he was bored listening to his colleague Shiela Jackson speak about the bill. Then, even more ironically, another representative’s comments calling him out for it were asked to be stricken from the record.

.... I laugh... not because it's funny.... but because we are so #ing boned....

... I'll quote Bohr: "Some things are just so serious that you have to joke about them."

The fact that there was any debate over whether to call in experts on such a matter should tell you something about the integrity of Congress. It’d be one thing if legitimate technical questions directed at the bill’s supporters weren’t met with either silence or veiled accusations that the other side was sympathetic to piracy. Yet here we are with a group of elected officials openly supporting a bill they can’t explain, and having the temerity to suggest there’s no need to “bring in the nerds” to suss out what’s actually on it.

.... The ride is too scary, now. I want off.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aim64C
This also comes with a new paradigm in representative stupidity....

motherboard.vice.com...

Later, Iowa Representative Steve King tweeted, somewhat ironically, about surfing the internet on his phone because he was bored listening to his colleague Shiela Jackson speak about the bill. Then, even more ironically, another representative’s comments calling him out for it were asked to be stricken from the record.

.... I laugh... not because it's funny.... but because we are so #ing boned....

... I'll quote Bohr: "Some things are just so serious that you have to joke about them."

The fact that there was any debate over whether to call in experts on such a matter should tell you something about the integrity of Congress. It’d be one thing if legitimate technical questions directed at the bill’s supporters weren’t met with either silence or veiled accusations that the other side was sympathetic to piracy. Yet here we are with a group of elected officials openly supporting a bill they can’t explain, and having the temerity to suggest there’s no need to “bring in the nerds” to suss out what’s actually on it.

.... The ride is too scary, now. I want off.

The majority of them probably can't fully explain the content of most of the bills. This is by design.

Decision making then comes down on partisan lines and on the basis of owed favours.

Its much easier to influence the outcome on those terms.

new topics

top topics

join