It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Witnessing Northern Lights Tonight?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Supposedly the most recent CME was supposed to reach Earth today. It was reported that there would be impressive aurora borealis tonight and through the weekend. Its cloudy where I am in Southern IL, can't see a thing.

Please use this thread to post photos or video of your local observation of the current AB (if any) tonight, or simply report and describe your individual sightings.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Aqualung2012

Southeastern Washington state here....... Had an absolutely beautiful, colorful sunset with lots of colors... I am assuming they were Northern Lights, was way too bright and colorful for just a winter sunset!

Sorry, no pictures, but my phone wouldn't show them anyways

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
It's raining here. I can't see nothing.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
So far I can't see anything, other then some stars. I am going to check later on.

In the mean time, in case you feel as lost as I was regarding where to look for Aurora Borealis, here is a link:
Aurora Borealis Activity Now

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by freespirit1
reply to post by Aqualung2012

Southeastern Washington state here....... Had an absolutely beautiful, colorful sunset with lots of colors... I am assuming they were Northern Lights, was way too bright and colorful for just a winter sunset!

Sorry, no pictures, but my phone wouldn't show them anyways

Sorry, but those aren't the northern lights...they are only seen at night, late night, not sundown. Sounds like a cool sunset though.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
We have a kp. of 7 going on right now in North America so the northern tier U.S. states should be seeing auroras tonight. I'm in a mostly cloudy area but it should clear up by 1am central so I'll try then.

Is anyone seeing northern lights yet? If so, tell us which state, etc.

The Space Environment Center's Neural Net Program Estimates that . . .

in 12 minutes, the Geomagnetic Activity level (Kp number) will be 7 -- at 'STORM' LEVEL! (It's On!!) in 26 minutes, the Geomagnetic Activity level (Kp number) will be 7 -- at 'STORM' LEVEL! (It's On!!) in 42 minutes, the Geomagnetic Activity level (Kp number) will be 6.67 -- at 'STORM' LEVEL! (It's On!!)

edit on 7/15/12 by Evildead because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join