It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does the Republican Nomination work?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
As an Australian, the whole process is confusing to me.
I am an avid Ron Paul supporter so i would just like to know, what needs to happen with these primarys for Ron Paul to win the nomination?
I don't usually have interest in US politics but considering the destruction or the rebuilding of the United states and the awareness of the american population is on show here, I cant look away!

I know that the whole system is probably rigged but too see a great man such as Ron Paul standing strong is inspiring and gives me some hope for the US and the world.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Each state has a sets a date for it's primary elections or caucus. I am not entirely sure of the difference between a primary and a caucus. Each state has it's own election rules. Each state is worth so many delegates. I think it is split in some states and in others first place takes all the delegates. When all is said and done there is a winner with the most delgates. A confusing and somewhat chaotic process it is. Not necessarily all 50 states required, there is usually one candidate leading to a point where the winner is obvious and the others have dropped out. It narrows down to two or three pretty quick usually. Takes tons of money to keep on when you aren't in the lead in the polls. The MSM of this country has a great amount of influence over what candidates make it, as most of the US sheeple take what they hear on the 6 o'clock news and don't bother with any research to see what their choices really are. The MSM's choice basicallly gets free publicity. The ones the MSM least wants to win get the most negative stories aired at the worst possible times for them.
Ok...a lot of that is just cynical conspiracy minded stuff, but I believe it.
The rest of you guys jump in and help me here

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by texas thinker

Thank you. so it comes down to delgates aquired? Just looking at the south carolina delgate allocation and it just gets more confusing. what ever happened to a good old national vote where the winner gets the nomination?
The media part is something i do understand lol.
Even in Aus, Ron Paul doesnt exist in this race. At least it is encouraging to see that there are less sheeple then 2008.

new topics

join