It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti government does not mean anti country!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I debated on this thread , which is now
closed. I find it annoying that because you hate a government, some people call you a
country hater. In this case, the country was america. Because i said i hated their government,
i was instantly called an american hater. The two are completly different!

I have written my views on the iraq war, and the coming war with Iran, and
by doing this, some americans where calling me a hater if america, when clearly,
i am not.

I am from the uk, and i am disgusted with our role in the iraq war, and i hope
the people involved are brought to justice.Does that make me anti uk?

I wish people had the balls to say the same thing, but they dont. They folliw their
government through everything, and if someone insults their government, then that
means you are insulting the country.

Are people that brainwahed by their government?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I'm glad you made this post. Being an American as well as Anti-government, I would still move out of the country given the first opportunity. I vaguely remember an America where I was proud to live. I'm quite disgusted with it all, really. ( All being the country and TPTB )
edit on 21-1-2012 by atoptreetops because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
And at the same time because I say I love my country it does not mean I love my government nor agree with its policy. It goes both ways.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Yes, I am a world government hater!

But a lover of humanity and our planet! (minus the inhumane scumbags of course!)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by atoptreetops

Thats my point. Its like some people say" you are insulting our government, you must hate america!"
I dont hate any country, and i find it such a primitive way if thinking. Governments make up a small
percentage of the population, but some people believe their excuses, just because they feel they have
too, or because they are so brainwashed, they dont know any other way.

The people who see through the lies, and are not scared to say it are the ones
who truely want peace, and a stable world to bring up our children.

These governments choose if we live or die, and people are delusional
if they believe their government cares about you.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DanielET
Yes, I am a world government hater!

But a lover of humanity and our planet! (minus the inhumane scumbags of course!)

wish there was more people like you. The world would be a better place.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by BLKMJK
And at the same time because I say I love my country it does not mean I love my government nor agree with its policy. It goes both ways.

And im sure there are many out there like you, and there
should be more.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

Like I wrote in "that" thread, being anti government but not anti country is disingenuous.

The government is a reflection of the people.

I don't like it.
I'm working to change it.

But that is (in my humble) the most pragmatic approach to take.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

It was brought out in "that" thread on the difference of what Government stands for.

Many,including myself have stated that they abhor certain aspects of Government. I want limited Government,and peace...not war.

The problem is most people cant get past the role of Government and Patriotism,Nationalism,and Pride.

They Jumble all of it into one shine box of dislike,and ANYONE with a different viewpoint,gets lambasted,as a result.

If ones viewpoint doesn't match another view point,the argument becomes a hodgepodge of counterpoints,resulting in stupidity.

I find what you say enlightening,but be prepared for those who will derail,per their personal agenda.

Hopefully you can get to a common medium,with those who are aware as you are.

S&F

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Exactly .. very well said .. though largely your message will be ignored by the intended audience .. americans are the most brainwashed people on the planet when it comes to believing the lies and propaganda of their government ... even when faced with the blunt facts they will deny it and condemn you.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I am not anti American but I hate that I don't and cannot trust my government. Everyone is really on their own if TSHTF or anything close to it. I really mean it and love this Mark Twain quote in my signature......

Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it.

Right now the government does not deserve it. A big fat FAIL!
edit on 21-1-2012 by restlessinMT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
personally have neither a need nor use for any government.. dont acknowledge any .. remnants of humanities primitive , barbaric past that cause far more problems than they solve..

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
S&F for you, I agree with you completely.

The two ARE mutually exclusive, some people don't understand that. I love this country and most of the people but I believe the people in charge don't think for the greater good, only what will make their bank accounts fatter...

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The government is a reflection of the people.

at one time, that may have been true, but not anymore. with the news doing their best to brainwash americans and keep them passive, you can't rightly say that the government is a reflection of what americans want.

we've been lied to, brainwashed, and coerced. people are beginning to realize it. look at the approval ratings that congress and the president have. they're pretty low, yet they still do whatever they want.

america is no longer free, and sadly many don't even realize it.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I've seen this very frequently with many Conservative Republicans I know... they MUST label everything! This includes when someone is against something they like, they tend to label the people involved in extreme fashion...

Don't want to attack Iran - Muslim lover!!

Don't like what the American government did with NDAA - America hater!!!
and gotta add the "If you don't like why don't you get out, you traitor!"...

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
People might disagree with me, but i am against patrioism for your
country. I can understand people being proud of their country, but
i believe governments use patrioism for your country as a brainwashing
tool.

In many countries, its drilled into our heads from a young age. It gets
to the point when people will do horrible things; but they believe they
are doing it for their country, to keep their country safe etc

I am patriotic to the planet. This is important to me because i believe
strongly that if everyone felt the same, instead of thinking that your
country is the only thing that matters, then the world would be a better
place.

I know i will never see this in my lifetime.
edit on 21-1-2012 by Jay-morris because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Oh, that thread.

I tried to leave it alone, coz I felt like the OP was lookin' for a fight & created that thread with the intention of causing a ruckus between Americans vs the rest of the world.

So I get where you're coming from mate..I've been accused of being Anti-American in the past, purely for bringing up factual info on the U.S, that people didn't seem to like hearing.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmoKeyHaZe

Oh, that thread.

I tried to leave it alone, coz I felt like the OP was lookin' for a fight & created that thread with the intention of causing a ruckus between Americans vs the rest of the world.

So I get where you're coming from mate..I've been accused of being Anti-American in the past, purely for bringing up factual info on the U.S, that people didn't seem to like hearing.

I was called an american hater too because i said i didnt agree with their government.
Like i said before, i dont hate any country, but i know many people are brainwashed
by their governments.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Goes with the territory,Unfortunately.

Dont believe in the official story of Iran's Peaceful Nuclear Ambitions?

Israeli supporter,Zionist lover.

Believe that there are terrorists hellbent on destroying ANYTHING, that is American based,or has American ties?

American Warmonger

Then the accusations of what America has done,the counters of Religion,extremists,so on and so forth.

Regardless if your belief is right in your eyes,it will be wrong in someone elses eyes.

And all it takes is a few individuals,hellbent to derail a thread.....

:poof:

it gets closed down.

edit to add:

I see the topic of hatred is also in this thread.

I would probably try to stay on the topic you created......My humble opinion.

edit on 21-1-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
The problem is, like everything we are largely exposed to an american culture worldwide, through the advent of television and movies, where, sadly I might add, Americans are touted as a bunch of flag waving gun nuts who want to take over the world. Again, as I have said in the past, it is humanity labelling a people based on the fact that they only know these things about them.
Going back last year the US Government was placing 2500 Marines in Darwin on a permanemt rotation. You could imagine the storm that caused, people went as far to call it an invasion. Break down the crap the MSM feeds us, and it was simply this. US Troops training in one of the most hostile habitable environments both in our country or on the planet. Simple terms, it makes them better equipped troops for having that skill.
As far as average every day US citizens are concerned, I have travelled there twice, and really at the heart of it they are no different than us. They are mortified at what their government's policies both domestic and abroad are (same as here), and they value family and hard work as much as any other nation or person on earth (same as us). I have many friends from the US, and they are some the best and loyal friends I have.
As far as patriotism goes, it is just a brainwashing word by the PTB that get people believing what they want us to believe. As far as national pride goes, well suffice to say I am proud to be an Australian, and would gladly fight for my country and our way of life if it were ever threatened. And that is coming from someone who hates the government system and their policies. Most Americans I have ever met are exactly the same. Proud to be so.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join