It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man shoots nail into brain without noticing!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
So I was searching the web.All I can say is that I was stunned when I saw the title.So I thought i might aswell share it with you guys.
Man shoots nail into brain without noticing

The thing I find the weirdest.

Dante Autullo, 34, was in his workshop when a nail gun recoiled near his head. But he had no idea the nail had entered his brain until the next day, when he began feeling nauseous.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Must have missed his one brain cell then, because he posted a picture of his x-ray on to Facebook while going between hospitals!
How he got a picture of his own x- ray and took a photo also is weird

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by scotsdavy1
Must have missed his one brain cell then, because he posted a picture of his x-ray on to Facebook while going between hospitals!
How he got a picture of his own x- ray and took a photo also is weird

not really ... i have a picture of my broken leg xray that i took with my phone while the doctor was showing me where the break was.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Yeah...I was just reading about this a little bit ago....he thought he had just cut himself. When he did go to the ER they found this:

It missed some pretty vital stuff by just millimeters apparently. It's amazing sometimes what people end up with inside their bodies...often without knowing it.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

Yeah true.Sometimes it is scary.
I have heard stories about what people insert in their bodies..It makes you wonder what do they think of when they do it.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I'll bet every time he shakes his head it sounds like a marble in a coffee can. Didn't I see this on an episode of The Simpsons? Oh wait, that was a crayon in Homer's brain, not a nail...

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Is it me or does the position of the nail in the picture imply it entering from the back of the head, not the front?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SergeantTrammelant

Yeah thats true..Maybe someone was behind this.
Who knows,I guess its for the media to cover it up or whatever.
Here comes another phone hacking scandal :/

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SergeantTrammelant
Is it me or does the position of the nail in the picture imply it entering from the back of the head, not the front?

Yup...it appears as if someone was standing behind, and slightly above him to achieve the angle of entry of the nail in his head. Maybe, due to shock, he has no recollection of the event.

Or, he protecting someone who lost it and shot him with a nail gun....
edit on 21-1-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Yeah,...it did definitely enter from behind and above him. It's still possible I guess to have achieved that angle yourself...if you dropped it and it went off or you were in a weird position to begin with...but yeah..there may be more to this than him accidentally shooting himself.

I've seen some really weird things in my line of work over the last 18 or so years...this is actually only partially interesting to be honest....

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
from that pic there'd have to be a cracked skull and a whole lot of blood, not some guy saying 'duh i didnt notice'.
sounds like a BS story.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
he missed the 10% of the brain that apparently all humans use.

how does recoil put a nail in the back of head, when the gun is in front of you is the real mystery.
edit on 21-1-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I work with nail guns all the time..

they have 2 safeties on them..

you have to pull the trigger and then press it to the wood..

or you have to press it to the wood and then pull the trigger...

you can't bump it and have it fire..

besides that, that nail is under 125 psi..

it would go right through his head..

and since the nail in the pic has a head..

it would make a BIG hole on exiting...

be really messy...

plus, she had to wipe the blood off his forehead..

and then pick up the pieces of his skull also...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

Yeah...I didn't get the part about wiping the blood off his forehead with the nail at the angle it is.
As for the 125psi and it should have gone all the way through. I've actually seen a guy shoot himself...intentionally in the head as a suicide attempt with either a .22 or .25 and had the bullet bounce off. Yes..I am serious.

But it is very suspicious with the angle and the story doesn't help the adding up of it either...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
And the man was scratching his ear with the device when it accidently discharged.

IDK, it does seem fishy that it's in through the back.

top topics

join