It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Take Action - Awaken The Sheeple

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Thread upon thread on this website has the basic premise that we cannot overthrow/stop the plans of the NWO until the "sheeple" wake up and see what is before them.

Thread upon thread on this website, all I see is using the "sheeple" being asleep to the way the world works as being an excuse for not taking any action.

Lately though, people have been noticing that a lot more people are now warming to the fact that everything isn't as it seems, and that their "comfortable" lives (the reason they are still sheeple apparently) are at risk of being made that much harder by people they didn't even know existed, and that their Governments are nothing but liars and cheaters pretending to be there for the good of the people.

So, since the main excuse for this world staying under the influence of TPTB is because there just aren't enough people aware of the sick plans for the world, such as depopulation etc. then it's obvious that it's our (the awakened) job to help people become more aware.

The main idea in this thread, is to discuss what possible ways we can help spread the word, and help people wake up? There has to be a better way than to have one or two people go to their town centers and hold up pickets and hand out leaflets. Think Anonymous, something that will really FORCE people to be aware, but not through illegal means. I mean, i'm all for Anonymous, but to be honest, i'm not that skilled to be able to hack, let alone hacking without leaving a trace.

So, let's hear some ideas, let's hear of new ways of spreading the word, without causing trouble, and without being labeled as absolute cuckoos, while the internet is still a bastion of freedom (the last bastion of freedom some might argue).

No idea is stupid, and if people are serious in actually helping to wake people up, since this seems to be the first thing that needs to happen, then come one and give suggestions, i'm totally up for joining in obviously, so come on

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by domasio

Although your cause is noble and your idealism is heart-warming I don't think it would be that easy, I've tried awakening people before even people I thought were my closest friends. They just won't have any of it, they literally plug their ears close their eyes and go "LALALALALALALALA" sometimes when someone is comfortable they don't want anything to change for fear it would upset their own life.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by domasio

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by VerityPhantom

Very very true. I just think that it's a case of doing what the MSM and other such things do, and drumming it harder and better into people's heads, even if it requires a mind-numbing amount of repitition.

I tried searching the deep web to see if there was any way of getting material that could be used to wake people up, such as hidden agendas out in the open, but the deep web search engines are just far too confusing for me, as I search for something, about 1000 pages of non-related information comes up.

So frustrating, but I am going to be a soldier and keep nagging people to wake up, whether they hate me for it or not, I will keep doing it. In the end, it will be people like us here on ATS that are praised for being smart, rather than being viewed as tin-foil hat, paranoid freaks.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I had a hard time breaking thru to my girlfriend,
But eventually succumbed to it, because we've been together so long. And well, i talked to her about it. She gets it. But she likes just living the illusion. She doesn't like to feel powerless. I dont blame her, i wish i was capable of going back into not knowing. Sometimes.

I wish i could inform people of the Global elite that control every facet of our lives. But people don't believe it, its hard to convince someone in a couple sentences. I'll be giving out copies of 'confessions of an economic hitman' eventually "READ THIS, LEARN SOMETHING USEFUL"

I don't know.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
you can start by NOT calling people sheeple....

nobody likes to be labeled as sub-human...

its just a thought...

you guys go around mouthing off constantly, and if someone has a differing opinion you call them sheep...

so my contribution to this thread is, not insulting people is a GOOD start...

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
I had a hard time breaking thru to my girlfriend,
But eventually succumbed to it, because we've been together so long. And well, i talked to her about it. She gets it. But she likes just living the illusion. She doesn't like to feel powerless. I dont blame her, i wish i was capable of going back into not knowing. Sometimes.

I wish i could inform people of the Global elite that control every facet of our lives. But people don't believe it, its hard to convince someone in a couple sentences. I'll be giving out copies of 'confessions of an economic hitman' eventually "READ THIS, LEARN SOMETHING USEFUL"

I don't know.

Yeah, I feel the same in terms of wishing to be part of the flock again. It's hard to know that things are totally sinister, yet you can't do anything about it.

I bet cavemen never had to deal with this shizzle ... anyone pissed them off, then it was a simple club to the head

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by domasio

Well I certainly do applaud your effort! I on the other hand have given up for being ostracized too much. I just figured that I am hurting the cause of waking people up if I kept pushing it on them. As for your search on the internet for things out in the open I've tried that as well and have only been bombarded with nonsense so it seems that could be a hindrance in waking others up. I've considered making my wall into a sort of "conspiracy board" and printing out articles I see online and pinning them up to perhaps "connect the dots" or uncover a pattern in the chaos or a source but even that task is daunting in itself with all the information out there. I wish you luck though and can only offer a bit of advice. And that is to remember the power of persuasion is infinitely more powerful than the power of fear. Because we as an online community might be fully aware of this world and even accept it but others who do not know will and do find the truth very scary. Just remember to enlighten them slowly less their heads explode.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by baphomet420

Everybody makes a simple mistake every now and then, and it's hardly creating a sub-group for people. It's more a metaphor, with the imagery that some people are like a flockof sheep, not that they ARE a flock of sheep.

It's different to be called African American, or to be called gay, than it is to be called sheeple. You either are or are not gay/black/Australian/an idiot, but in a sense we are all sheeple, in the fact that we act in a way that we are led to do things that are expected of us.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
You are correct. Too many times I see the educated and better-informed-than-average populace here throw down their sword in defeat before the first sound of battle echoes the halls. Specifically, the masses here tend to support Ron Paul for president, but I can't remember a thread that said let's get out and make it happen without far more dissent than agreement.

I don't understand it. In the end, a lecture on social responsibility or something to the effect of fighting for your beliefs is definitely in order. However, as the prophet that I am (tongue in cheek) I already know if I see much comment on my response here, it will be mostly negative, apologetic, condescending, defeatest, etc... And the strange thing is that none of those people who would write such a thing are bad or necessarily even wrong. I suppose there is benefit to living within the comfort of your own misery without tipping the apple cart further, but that all contradicts one thing I have learned without reservation during my time with ATS. The folks here at ATS can't be beat or matched anywhere on the planet.

That's is one paradox I cannot understand.

Good luck, and count me in.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
The term "Sheeple" is getting so played out

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by domasio

and that metaphor is not offensive how???

so if i don't believe in a new world order conspiracy i am following the heard???
ok...

what if i am a globalist that wants world government, what does that make me????

not everybody that doesn't want to listen to you is a sheep, idiot, or living a fantasy... they hear you spewing your propaganda and think you are an idiot, but obviously they do not resort to labeling you... to you face anyways...

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
It is definitely possible to "wake up" people, but they tend to be people who know you and trust you and will not write you off as "conspiracy theorist" or a nutcase.

I've woken up my Mom and my husband--and in some ways--I've started on my kids. My Facebook page is always full of quotes and snippets and pleas for people to "wake up" and see what is happening to our world.

If you are awake, it's almost your duty to help others to see the light. We have to take into consideration, too, that everyone has free will and might not be ready to wake up. Those are the people who will ridicule you.

But if once every year--you shine the light for someone in this world---then that is good enough.

I believe the process of mass consciousness is happening now.

Thanks to the Internet.....

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by baphomet420
reply to post by domasio

and that metaphor is not offensive how???

so if i don't believe in a new world order conspiracy i am following the heard???
ok...

what if i am a globalist that wants world government, what does that make me????

not everybody that doesn't want to listen to you is a sheep, idiot, or living a fantasy... they hear you spewing your propaganda and think you are an idiot, but obviously they do not resort to labeling you... to you face anyways...

If they don't believe in a NWO, then that doesn't make them sheeple. Obviously, for them to not believe in it, they have obviously considered the idea and made an informed decision that there isn't enough evidence to say that there is/will be one.

If you were a Globalist, then OBVIOUSLY you are not following a herd, as you would be supportive of a world government. That was a pretty stupid question, completely lacking in common sense.

I didn't say everyone that doesn't want to listen is a sheep, i'm not calling people sheep, i'm saying (by the use of a metaphor, something you clearly don't have a grasp of) that people who have heard of a NWO, but decide that they are too comfortable to do anything, have a sheep mentality, in that they would rather follow a herd because that keeps them comfortable, rather than suffering anything to help the world.

Also, I didn't say "sheeple" are idiots. You are now starting to put words into my mouth, so you can quit that one while you are ahead, and get off your high horse and back down to everyone else's level. This is supposed to be a conversation where ideas are given, not for someone to come in and start shooting their mouth off before looking at EXACTLY what I have said, instead of interpreting what they THINK I have said.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Wow. That was harsh!

I'm curious as to why you're on ATS. I'm asking that respectfully.

It's okay not to believe everything you hear. But please leave the name calling and finger pointing out...and let others believe in those things that resonate with them.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

The term "sheeple" accurately defines people that are clueless about the world around them. Why you are pretending to be offended, I can only speculate. But, I don't want to derail the thread.

I agree, with the OP. People need to wake the hell up, and we CAN help. If you know about the NWO, and you are not pissed about it, you may not be sheeple, just a bit misguided.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

I despise name-calling. Point out the name-calling please. Sheeple doesn't exactly count, I don't say that people ARE sheep, I use the flock analogy.

Harsh? It was pointing out that you completely misunderstood my post, saying that I was being derogatory, when I was being anything but. I'm trying to think of solutions, not have petty arguments, that's why I threw on the brakes to try and stop people from derailing the thread.

And i'm on ATS because I like to hear the REAL news, and to try and help make a difference. Clearly you are here to flame people for a stupid little word. Yes, the word sheeple is stupid, doesn't mean it isn't a correct analogy of people's mentality though.
edit on 21/1/12 by domasio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Been at it for over 25 years my friend and the last few years finally many more are waking up. Still it is not enough yet. I don't know when the tipping point will be so we just have to keep at it. Only when the pain gets bad enough will enough wake and we are not quit there yet. To many are still too comfortable to consider anything but the status quo.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by domasio

MRuss was replying to another poster, not you.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Maybe I missed it, but the comment/inference that the internet is creating mass consciousness is a concept I have not heard before, but probably should have. This makes a lot of sense and constitutes serious discussion. How many cans and worms does this create? If it were in fact true, would that in itself cause the internet to become an enemy of the state, the elite, TPTB, etc? Conversely, as we see somewhat through Anonymous, would it also create an almost unstoppable force? Could SOPA or PIPA ever have been successfully implemented anyway? I have serious concerns regarding the validity of the webbot predictions, but that idea is fully in line with a "conscious" internet. Finally, would a conscious internet be a human creation that mankind would always be able to benefit from, or is it entirely an artificial anomaly which may or may not ever be controlled in a manner that would assist rather than hinder or even prevent our development?

If so, should I expect my laptop to be melted the next time I pick it up?

Thanks for the exercise in thought.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join