It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The future of space exploration.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by indisputable

I thought about that but then dove into the negative aspect that we'll start working together for this agenda... But how long will it take before we start fighting over "who owns the spacestation more?" or something along those lines... I welcome the thought of exploration regardless but at the same time the negative repurcussions seem frightening.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Diablos

You have a valid point but all i can say to your opinion is. We may have felt the effects of prolonged space flight on our physical body's but our brain is not so harshly effected. Due to this factor it is all ways better to send a human who can adapt to unforeseen factors.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
At first I thought this is nice and a step forward, but then it dawns on me that it's just not enough.

We walked on the moon 33 years ago and in all that time we sent out a few probes and built a space station.

We went from horse and buggy to the moon in less than 100 years. So why have we made such little progress in a third of that time when technology has advanced 10 fold since.

At that rate I thought we would have at least had boots on the martian surface by now. At this rate I don't see it happening in my time. We spend money on wars and high tech entertainment devices.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I guess they are expecting to have plenty of time on their hands in their underground bunkers huh?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I just couldn't resist posting again thanks to a few comments above. - Ask yourself why we haven't been back to the moon in a long, time. - Do you really think it has anything to do with money? (I don't.) I would be surprised if there is a manned mission to the moon again in my lifetime (est. 2056 or before). Why would I be so sure of that? - ATS can give you many explanations. My personal favorite is that the moon is being mined by an et race and they basically said (when we got there) - ok, do your pr. thing, but after that you leave and you don't come back for a long, long time. There are Republicans, there are Democrats, and there is Space. I always vote Space - perhaps that is why I write-in MYSELF for President of the USA every 4 years.
edit on 21-1-2012 by Snowcrash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Diablos

There is gravity and radiation shielding on the Moon, contrary to ISS. Humans could live there safely. Also, osteoporosis problem in zero gravity seems to be largely solved by taking biophosphonates:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 22/1/12 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by shamdaddy

We went from horse and buggy to the moon in less than 100 years. So why have we made such little progress in a third of that time when technology has advanced 10 fold since.

Spaceflight technology has not advanced very much since the sixties.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join