It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The future of space exploration.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
The Russian Federal Space Agency which is commonly referred to as Roscosmos has released some important news today.

This Agency just might be responsible for another major event similar to the original moon landing. The head of Roscosmos (Vladimir Popovkin) announced today they are going to increase the influx of cooperation with the US (NASA) and the European Union (ESA), The aim of this is to create a permanent Luna base or a space station in the Luna orbit . This base would be to explore for water and natural resources on our Moon. All this is still some time away but from now and the year 2020 the are planing to send two probes to the moon to kick start this epic project. Though all this depends on funding if it is to go ahead. I for one can see the significance of such a major project. If this does see the drawing board we will see the first step to a world effort in exploration. The future of space exploration depends on a unified global effort.
Heres a link to a report of Vladimir Popovkin comments LINK

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I think it's good, I hope that we can work together somehow, but before we go explore the greatness of the Universe, we should first solve our problems here. Although it seems impossible.
edit on 21-1-2012 by Jauk3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Good news.

Although, I think we should probably figure out how to stop killing each other over dead dinosaurs, imaginary friends, and shiny rocks, before we spread out into space.
edit on 21-1-2012 by vexati0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by indisputable

Very cool! S&F!

I, for one, can't wait for someone, anyone, to get back on the moon, even with a robotic rover.

Hell, we've already got a couple rovers sitting on the moon already. Any chance these could be re-cycled, refitted by robots to use solar power, and run on remote control?

GTA - Apollo (moon city edition)

In response to the people that have made remarks about solving problems here on Earth before spending $ in space, don't you think that if everyone had their OWN space, and OWN room somewhere in the vastness of space, those that are of the prickly sort that start and perpetuate wars would be out of the way?

Imagine: Jeruselum in spaaaaaccee. Jewish people could have their insular, walled off, far away, private, Jews-only preserve on the moon, or an asteroid, or something far away from all the people that keep bothering them.
Same thing with all the other groups that can't seem to get along with anyone else. Let them colonize their own private rock where they can't be a bother to anyone else where they can practice their own clannish xenophobic belief system without also being a bother to anyone else.
eh.

edit on 21-1-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-1-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I'm just amazed we don't already have a base on the moon. This could have been accomplished decades ago. But for whatever reason, the ball was dropped. And the prospect of finding water on the moon, doesn't seem realistic to me.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

Hahahah, GTA Apollo would be AMAZING!!! On a more serious note, a lunar space station would be a nice first step to exploring the universe. But as has been said, we prolly need to focus on not killing each other first.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by vexati0n
Good news.

Although, I think we should probably figure out how to stop killing each other over dead dinosaurs, imaginary friends, and shiny rocks, before we spread out into space.

By then we might already have been wiped out by a supervolcano, astroid/comet impact or something else.
The only way for human species to survive is to put our "eggs" in several baskets which can only be done by putting colonies on other bodies/planets.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
...And the prospect of finding water on the moon, doesn't seem realistic to me.

Not sure if you are aware but I think its already been pretty well proven
LINK

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Z32Driver

Originally posted by Destinyone
...And the prospect of finding water on the moon, doesn't seem realistic to me.

Not sure if you are aware but I think its already been pretty well proven
LINK

Thank you for bringing that to my attention. The article implies there is strong evidence of crater ice, so I guess that leaves it wide open for exploration in the future. If that were the case, it would help a lunar base, or colony to be more self sustaining.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Well there goes the "Alien Base on the Moon" theory, and them telling us not to come back to the moon.
Shame, I wanted to believe.

...Unless of course a human moon base is a conspiracy.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
If we had our priorities in line I think we could have been stationed in Mars orbit by this point.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Brandon88

I agree.

We most likely have more than enough tech to clean up this plant as well,just the priorities.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by indisputable

I think you'll be interested to share the info from this related thread, to add to your here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brandon88
If we had our priorities in line I think we could have been stationed in Mars orbit by this point.

Or in the process of of terraforming it...

The ineptitude of modern Man is probably the biggest disgrace in history. Everyone knows that transportation is the key to civilization. The sole purpose of our existance is to move. Yet we are being denied by such trivial things as costs.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
One way we could learn to stop killing each other is by working together at something like this and turning all that energy towards exploration. A joint lunar base could be an excellent early step towards both peace and our future in space. Be nice to learn to work with China.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I like the idea of it but it disappoints me that we haven't even explored the ocean in its entirety and yet we want to colonize the moon? One step at a time please!

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
What a stupid idea. The future of exploration relies on how fast we can develop sentient robots, not in humans. It has been proven how badly space affects our body, as even the most fit Russian cosmonauts on the ISS with a rigorous diet and exercise can barely crawl like babies when they return to Earth due to the physiological degenerations that occur. Let's not forget the ISS is just right above us, let alone the moon or other planets or deep space. Humans have no future in space, it will be our robots that will spread our legacy throughout the stars.

All this funding for manned space travel should be redirected towards robotics engineering an AI development.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

I feel the same way about the moon! I want to go back!!

We found evidence of water below the surface of the moon. We believe where there is water, there is the possibility and potential for life. I could be wrong but I do not believe we have fully investigated the moon.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by vexati0n
Good news.

I couldn't have stated my reply any better than this.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by VerityPhantom

You do have a point but what this signifies for me even if the objective is wrong. It signifies the fact of unity of great superpowers the only one missing is China and UK.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join