Ron Paul Gets Cut Off on Fox News When Talking About The Media Not Mentioning Him

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I'm not from the USA, so I'm looking at this from an outside perspective, and I must admit - I don't watch much US news media over here.

So, looking solely at the interview clip from the OP, my initial reaction was that the Interviewer (Cavuto?) looked nervous, and talked A LOT.
He rambled quite a bit, and repeatedly talked over his Interviewee (Paul).
That in itself is a bit strange? (I thought the whole point of interviewing someone was to get THEM to talk?)

Towards the end of the clip, the interviewer got EXTREMELY uncomfortable, you can see him shifting position in his chair, his expression changes and he looks slightly "panicky" (Is that a word??
)

The Interviewee makes some valid points about what sounds like media bias and then is definitely, blatantly cut off.

It could be that a "hard break" was coming up and he was talking for too long? but it was very badly handled by the interviewer if that was the case.

Oh, and btw, It says in the comments section below the video clip, that other Interviewees (of less importance/significance) were given much more air-time than Ron Paul?

That surely raises the question - IF it was a scheduled "Hard Break".... WHY did they start the Ron Paul interview 3 minutes before a scheduled break?? (When they were obviously scheduling much more time for their other interview slots)

Very strange,

GTD

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gordi The Drummer
The Interviewee makes some valid points about what sounds like media bias and then is definitely, blatantly cut off.

I agree. I watch a lot of mainstream news interviews (sometimes leaving 24/7 news on in the background whilst I do other chores) and I believe it was blatantly obvious that Ron Paul's comments were hitting a nerve. An interviewer has the right to interject and steer and interview within an allotted timescale but to not be aware that time is short until mid-way through a conversation. Bad planning at best, intentional at worst.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
This is definate media blackout. I'm currently in New Zealand and following the republican candidancy as much as I can. I watch the debates and can tell by a mile that Ron Paul is the most real candidate in terms of ending the Military Industrial complex, bringing US troops home and defending the US NOT policing the world. Im on the other side of the world and I can see that.

Back to what I was going to say though.. Even when the debates are mentioned in our primetime news channels Ron Paul is barely ever mentioned..if ever!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
They need the right guy in office to take over Canada and Mexico for their natural resources through some phony 911 type terrorist act.
edit on 22-1-2012 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Frist off I`m a big RP supporter , He was kinda taken too long to make his point . Perhaps they had to run a commercial and ran out of time . Or perhaps it if had been the puss filled bloated maggot Newt they would have not cut him off .

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I dont know how Fox "news" gets away with being called "news" they are nothing more than a propaganda mouthpiece of the republican far right. No one ever gets a fair shake on that network unless they tow the party line. The good news is that their ratings are way down. So are Rush Limbaugh's. Their problem is, as the middle class disappears, their lies are harder and harder to float.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Folks, this is blatant. I don't care who you are. The man brought up him being ignored by the media, and around that point just watch Neil's eyes stray to the distance. He seems like he wants to give RP some respect, but by how jittery and strange he gets right before he gets cut off, you can be damn sure that somebody else in that room with him gave him the roll commercial, cut this guy OFF gesture. The soldier giving some respect to RP then getting cut off is one thing, but damn.

Sorry for the double posting going on here.
edit on 22/1/12 by murkraz because: double post

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
You know, some days I'm just not in the mood for sites like this, and everybody's wildass theories. Earlier I just stopped and thought to myself, "Maybe Obombya and Romney and all the bys are legit, and we're just really, really crazy, building up hate against the government no matter what they do, no matter who they are", but nope. I'm not even in America and the amount of disrespect for one of their candidates is unreal. The sheer amount of deceit. When I read a headline with the US in it, I honestly just don't feel surprised by ANYTHING that I read anymore. What gets me is how anybody can actually sit down and watch Fox or CNN each day, and actually be fine with that, and not question any of it, and live la-de-da happily ever after.

It blows my mind. To pieces.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
It's not going to change. They just showed the results of last night and the showed all candidates, but Paul and never mentioned him despite there only be 4 in the race.

Something needs to be done about the news. It is influencing politics with bias rather than real stories. Even withholding info to manipulate the votes. They withheld info that would hurt Newt and they pushed Santorum just before the first Primary. Three different winners of three different primaries.. something weird to me. People aren't THAT different across the nation.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Fox biz is probably the only network that usually gives RP a fair shake, but it would seem that here, something was out of the ordinary. I haved watched the network over the years and have never seen a guest cut cut off like that. Announcers always have plenty of time and experience moving the interview into a hard break. I am so sick of the in your face bias. This is one example where the fairness doctorine would be great..

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Here in the UK i was watching something on Friday morning on Sky News. It was showing all the candidates stood together on stage. My Mrs asked me who was my favourite. My reply was simple "None of them but that poor Ron Paul definitely deserves some more media". She asked what i meant so i told her briefly about news agencies seeming to deliberately cut him out of the picture. As i finished we were both watching the camera pan across all the candidates stood together on stage real close ups of their faces. Coincidentally Ron Paul was last in the line and the camera just cut before it got to his face. It was end of the report and back to the studio.

My Mrs just looked at me with that "No F***ing way" face

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
That interviewer should find another job,cant half tell hes bought...

I might make a compilation video of all the Ron Paul MSM "cut-offs"

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
It's not going to change. They just showed the results of last night and the showed all candidates, but Paul and never mentioned him despite there only be 4 in the race.

Something needs to be done about the news. It is influencing politics with bias rather than real stories. Even withholding info to manipulate the votes. They withheld info that would hurt Newt and they pushed Santorum just before the first Primary. Three different winners of three different primaries.. something weird to me. People aren't THAT different across the nation.

I've seen that interviewer talk about Ron Paul very negatively before, he is one of the biggest snakes I've ever seen. I can't even look at his face without feeling nauseous, and I normally wouldn't say that about another human being.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
www.bluerepublican.org...

Everyone check this site out. Very helpful.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

OMG I'm shocked at how abruptly they cut Ron Paul off, that was so unique in all my years watching news it could not be more blatantly obvious that the media is bias towards him because as many A.T.S members and Ron himself point out he is the only one who will support the people of America and not just the usual suspects.

I think America should make a protest just like this, T.V off windows open pots and pans at the ready BANG, BANG BANG, Cacerolazo
People stay at home and gather support without going out it get louder and louder as more and more join.

Demand T.V reports the truth about Ron Paul's campaign and stops its bias towards him, this is how you support him and fix the media all in one go share all your alternative media outlets with each other and get the T.V OFF.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by BillyBoBBizWorth

Great idea please post if you do

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I am a Liberal and I participate in my local OWS. But I will vote for Ron Paul he is the only Politician who is not bought by the establishment

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Neil Cavuto is a tool.

2nd line.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

It's almost if they asked him that question just so they could set him up for that. Of course, they do this quite often. The news caster had a face of stone the whole interview while discussing the "issues", but right before Ron Paul was disconnected....he started to smile and even laugh a little...as if he knew what was going on and was enjoying it. I don't even watch the MSM anymore, I used to watch CNN and MSNBC until they got those beanheaded women on there doing all of their commentary....now the news is just nothing but rediculous. Hard to take serious. I watch old Beavis and Butthead episodes for my news now, they are far more credible than CNN, FOX or MSNC, and I get more usable information.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Newt winning last night was top story on BBC this morning. The newsdesk mentioned Newt, MItt, and Santorum .... but the name Ron Paul never passed their lips. Dunno why they don't talk about him here.

Given that Press TV has just been cut off here for not reporting news accurately the whole thing is just a joke. I don't believe anything the MSM tells us anymore.
edit on 22-1-2012 by bigyin because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join