It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Gets Cut Off on Fox News When Talking About The Media Not Mentioning Him

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
No no no

More Ron Paul people going crazy over absolutely nothing. He IS being covered by the MSM!!!!! What more do you want??? Your never going to get Obama coverage, if that's what your after. Obama is best friends with Jeff Immelt who used to own NBC!!!! Ron Paul a 3rd place republican candidate doesn't stand a chance at the kind of coverage you guys are hoping for!!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by wycky

Because I trust everything the great Jon Stewart says! Please give me a break, you complain about MSM not covering your man and then you post a video with Jon Stewart in it. Well, if you hadn't noticed Jon Stewart is MSM and a lot of Americans unfortunately get their news watching idiots like him!!!!

Now, I know there are some instances where they purposely do not talk about Ron Paul because they rightly predict he's got no chance in SC a very conservative state or Iowa for that matter. But this video isn't one of them, don't try to back up this claim with other proofs or other videos. T

That doesn't mean that this one is the same case.
edit on 22-1-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
In my experience in watching Dr.Paul, he seems to talk A LOT. I've watched many interviews on FN where they do come up to the Commercial break and have to cut, so I don't think in this particular instance they were just cutting him off. its the same thing on any radio station whether its the local rock/rap/oldies station or talk radio. a caller/guest comes on, they do their talking and the DJ/host suddenly says something like " alright we're coming up against the break the musics playing (cut) we'll be right back on the-Insert whoever- radio show."

I think if they were really gonna try to black him out, they wouldn't have him on at all.. or cut the feed and claim technical issues.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by LoonyConservative

With something as important as a presidential election. Wouldn't it be more important for the people to listen to the elected instead of watching a commercial?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
they cut him off, no doubt, the announcer was trying to cut him off many times, and as soon as we was like what bitches where my name, they instant commercialed... defiantly ignoring him, poor Paul can't win with so many sheep and the Lying shepherds.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Ron Paul isn't even elected yet, he's barely in third place maybe fourth by now. Only the President has the power to interrupt TV air time and that's only for important things. So I doubt a low tier candidate will get as much power as the President here.

Plus that's not how commercials and the news works. They don't just let people talk all over. They have set time slots and Ron Paul does tend to go over the time slots quite a lot.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
For those of you saying that the MSM is covering RP by ALLOWING him to be interviewed (by this particular channel) are obviously not watching the news much. The reason why RP supporters are fuming, is because COMPARED to the other candidates he is not given as much air time or even acknowledged.

Weather or not you support him, you would be blind not to see it. And get angry over it.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by steevanie

I see some of it but you are over reacting. He's a third tier candidate look how they treated Jon Huntsman or Santorum until recently in the beginning they wrote off Gingrich. The networks have pretty much rightly analyzed Ron Paul's finishes each time. They don't talk about him because he won't win the nominee. He won't win Florida and he won't win many of the other southern states. He'll drop out after nevada probably.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Sometimes I feel like I am living in 'The Truman Show'.

EVERYTHING we think we know has been drip fed to us by our masters!!!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Nothing new here, I dropped my upgrade a few weeks ago for Fox because of the way they were down playing Paul and ignoring him in the Polls, they're no different than the rest of the MSM, more Lies and Deception. I remember a year ago they had Gingrich on any one of their shows 2-3 times a week like it was his own personal campaign platform, you could see the writing on the wall on that one. I'd sure like to see an Occupy Movement camped out in front of all the networks for all their biased reporting, lies and deception in the news. Did you ever notice the men wear nice expensive fancy suits and the women are loaded with makeup, I'd wager if those women took off that makeup we'd see some real Road Dogs you could put in any horror film.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

By the way,

thanks for the reply even if i don't agree with you.

1. That was my first post
2. Yours was the first reply
3. I am really excited about this

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Okay so I've watched this several times now.. Yes, I am a Paul supporter, yes I acknowledge and am aggravated by the overall lack of coverage he's gotten throughout his campaign, but I'm also an entirely objective person, and am the first one to say if and when people are overreacting to something.

Upon first viewing, it didn't strike me as deliberate. I, like some, thought there must have been other factors at play.. maybe he talked too long, maybe Cavuto didn't budget his time. However, after watching it several times, I'm pretty blown away. The whole thing is just very sketchy indeed.

Analyze Cavuto and his body language. It's not like he was trying to break to commercial for a period of time, it really did come out of nowhere. And it's not even like Ron was talking that long (at all actually). Basically, you never see a cut that clumsy. And considering what Ron was talking about, it's far too easy for any aware and objective person to imagine the CFR producer in the control room declaring "go to break.. yes, NOW! CUT HIM"

They can't risk Ron spouting too much truth, and the possibility that it could shake a couple sheeple out of their deep slumber. I say they made a risky move by asking him about the media bias in the first place (or maybe it was an impromptu comment by Cavuto, you never know), and when they realized the direction it was going in, they aborted.

Just my 2 cents anyway
edit on 22-1-2012 by bacci0909 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by steevanie
reply to post by jjf3rd77

By the way,

thanks for the reply even if i don't agree with you.

1. That was my first post
2. Yours was the first reply
3. I am really excited about this

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Ron paul practically invented the tea party,Fox is the main lap dog for the tea partiers.
WTH is going on here.
could it be Pauls stance on Isreal?
You dont see the neocons much lately on MSM,but it seems thier still working their majic.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
you know what the problem is? ron paul is one of us. that's the #in problem...

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme

Originally posted by heyitsphil

The media blackout around Paul is so apparent it's disgusting and really shows who's in control of our media (corporations).

Cant really say the media is blacking the man out, he was the topic of conversation here and was given the air time. I agree that he doesnt get the attention he deserves, but this is not one of those cases.

Excuse me? What? No.

One of Cavuto's questions to Dr. Paul was essentially "Does the media black out around you bother you."

The question from the media admits the media ignores paul.

The problem is, they are getting caught and exposed and Paul's numbers are higher than ever, so they have no choice but to give him a little bit of time.

Only, every time he gets just a little bit of time, it's cut short, they ignore his answer and ask him the same question 10 times in a row, there is technical difficulties.... et al.

Just like this particular case here.

Although since I don't watch TV, but I am objective and thorough, I have to ask for the full clip, commercial break and all. We have to see how this particular situation was handled on the other side. If Dr. Paul was still taking questions from Cavuto, than this was simply a case of a hard break which would be one of the ONLY times the media was "fair" to Dr. Paul.

Anybody got the entire segment for the truths sake?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by brick38
Ron paul practically invented the tea party,Fox is the main lap dog for the tea partiers.
WTH is going on here.
could it be Pauls stance on Isreal?
You dont see the neocons much lately on MSM,but it seems thier still working their majic.

Paul created the Teaparty-->The establishment is afraid of Paul--->The establishment hi-jacks pauls party---->Teapartiers end up looking like crazy baboons----->End result hurts Ron.

This is standard practice for the establishment, nothing strange going on here.

And yes, it's most definitely Paul's stance on Isreal + His stance on the Global Banking Cartel and Scam of a Fed + The fact that he's a constitutionalist, where as, they want to burn it.

These three things are 100% 180º positions from what the establishment actually wants.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
One thing i must say is that i am completely for Ron Paul. Everything he represents i am for. The only thing is im a skeptic. Political figures are good at there smiles and cries. It just all sounds too good to be true. In my experience when something is too good to be true it usually doesnt pan out. For him i believe its either complete bs (which i doubt) or SOMETHING is going to happen which messes his election up.
edit on 22-1-2012 by clypso because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by superluminal11
Fox News does this sort of stuff to get a rise out of the public. Hannity and O Reilly are masters at it.

Good news
There is an unseen force Benovelent thats allowing it all....doing a sort of inventory of disclosing unusable and damaged goods before the cleansing begins. (A sort of precisional flood) to make way for the return back to when things were balanced and the ego was not dominant. Eden

God said it was good all through creation. When they cut off Ron Paul and try to manipulate everyones emotions and thoughts ,,,say its good. Because it is

I just had to thank you for injecting this bit of sanity into the shadow puppet show we have here (on ATS and everywhere else, not picking on anyone in particular)

it is true, no force in existence is capable of thwarting the will of the "force Benevolent", particularly since existence itself is a bit of fun said force is indulging in.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by clypso
One thing i must say is that i am completely for Ron Paul. Everything he represents i am for. The only thing is im a skeptic. Political figures are good at there smiles and cries. It just all sounds too good to be true. In my experience when something is too good to be true it usually doesnt pan out. For him i believe its either complete bs (which i doubt) or SOMETHING is going to happen which messes his election up.
edit on 22-1-2012 by clypso because: (no reason given)

Well vote for him anyway. If it's complete BS, putting Paul in house is going to be no worse than putting anybody in house.

If you don't vote for Paul, that's how the elections get messed up. Do your job and convince your family and friends to vote for Ron.

If their is a debate near you, you should register, go and support Ron. (If he doesn't win, he won't be nominated, and he'll have to run Independent. This splits the vote for the opposition of Obama, guaranteeing another 4 years on the throne + Paul Retiring from Congress and never running for president again and Rand running in the future.)

Rand is okay by me, but -- he'll never have the support Ron has unless Ron wins.
edit on 22-1-2012 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join