It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Gets Cut Off on Fox News When Talking About The Media Not Mentioning Him

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+50 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Wow, is that US Political madness?

Or was it justified?
Maybe someone here would know that watches way more news on TV than I do
was this normal?

Something that CUT?

And Cavuto looked like someone was telling him to stop the interview, look at how weird he was moving during that time

80 vs. 1?
Really?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Wow. I don't watch too much news, but cutting off like that doesn't normally happen.

# MSM.

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Horrible, just horrible.

The media blackout around Paul is so apparent it's disgusting and really shows who's in control of our media (corporations). The guy needs to win just so the media can take that hard cold slap in the face.

s+f

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
This is normal to me. Many interviews are cut short by what are called 'hard breaks'

The breaks occur at preset times and usually are not able to adjusted.

What it looks like to me is that Paul was a little bit long winded, as he can be, as Cavuto keeps trying to cut his answers short by starting the next question befre Paul is done with his response.

This is simply an example of a poorly constructed interview by Cavuto, and Paul is the victim of Cavuto's inability to conduct a proper interview.

I wasnt watching, but usually what happens after the hard break is the talking head 'aplogizes' for cutting the interview short.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by heyitsphil

The media blackout around Paul is so apparent it's disgusting and really shows who's in control of our media (corporations).

Cant really say the media is blacking the man out, he was the topic of conversation here and was given the air time. I agree that he doesnt get the attention he deserves, but this is not one of those cases.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Yet another example of the media shut out on Congressman Paul. It is obvious even though we are told it's not that way. Even Fox's own reporters are seeing it.

Dr. Paul is correct, we are a danger to the status quo and they respond by shutting us out.

Ron Paul 2012

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
honestly, i dont think he got cut cause he was talking about the media but i could be wrong or i believe 50/50.

these media centers/people only have a certain amount of time to talk to someone and if they talk to much and for to long they just get cut cause there going over the set time on the show or netwrk

they ask to only speak 30 secs or 1 min but if then keep ranting theres no other way to do it other then cutting u if u dont listen

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Even if they didn't intentionally cut him off how do you explain the 80 to 1 mentioning of his name?
2nd.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The key here is he was given 3.5 minutes. The next guest - the CEO of Home Depot was given 8 and then the next guest over 7.

I'm glad he brought up that the CNN post-debate show mentioned his name only once - I can add that they brought his name up once in the 54th minute of a 60 minute show and then went to commercial break and didn't come back and talk about him then either.

After the debate there seems to have been a coordinated effort to keep him out of the news cycles. The scary part of that to me is what THEY perceive their influence to be.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I don't think he was censored in this interview.. I think he was talking and talking and they had to go to break, you could see the announcer trying to tell him..

I think Ron was having a hard time hearing him perhaps, and you have delays with satellite

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I watch the TODAY show with my loving wife. Otherwise, no MSM.

I bet I've seen Ron Paul on NBC's TODAY show for a total of about six seconds. Stuff that hasn't already been chewed-over in earlier head-lines. "Ofcourse we're dangerous, we're dangerous to the status quo!"

No wonder why that's the last I've seen of Paul on MSM.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I could just envision someone running into the Control Room screaming CUT HIM CUT HIM.

sad , but true.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
The Masters of the Universe have declared.

Ron Paul will not win on his Israeli stance alone.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Ok i'm sure unsure but here's the thing
43 seconds

Cavuto asked him a question and Ron Paul had 43 seconds to answer it
That's the seconds between Cavuto ending his question and Cavuto asking for a break, not when RP got cut off but when Cavuto asked for a break

it's not a presidential debate, it's an interview
so is 43 seconds normal to get to answer a question?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
They cut him off on purpose because he was making an irrefutable point that made fox nervous.

Have you guys read the youtube comments?

Someone said they saw the show and the other two guests got about 25 minutes combined. Madness...

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I have watched alot of fox and they don't cut to commercial without announcing it first.
This was intentional.
Just more fuel added to the fire.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Remember how in Iowa everyone was scared Ron Paul was gonna take it, and they said if he wins Iowa won't count, when the results came in, Santorum didn't come out of left field he came out from the bleachers and made a surprising comeback, the Media was all over that. Ron Paul didn't take Iowa and they were happy. Seems fishy from that point speculation bigger people behind the scenes became less speculative.

It's no wonder they don't give him much air time and especially when he's calling them out, yes it may have been a "hard break" and had to cut to a commercial, it's just too coincidental.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
People still watch fox? I thought we were better then that.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I'm not surprised that he got cut off, whether it was intentional or not. He was pointing out great statistics about himself that msm won't mention for him and then he called them out on it.

Ron Paul 2012

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
The key here is he was given 3.5 minutes. The next guest - the CEO of Home Depot was given 8 and then the next guest over 7.

I'm glad he brought up that the CNN post-debate show mentioned his name only once - I can add that they brought his name up once in the 54th minute of a 60 minute show and then went to commercial break and didn't come back and talk about him then either.

After the debate there seems to have been a coordinated effort to keep him out of the news cycles. The scary part of that to me is what THEY perceive their influence to be.

I watched... I say He was cut off. Not allowed to speak. And given Your info... Sealed. They are shutting Him up.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join