It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warren Buffets Newest Email to the American People

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I received this email today and thought I would throw it up for discussion.

Wouldn't it be nice if.......

Winds
of Change....
Warren
Buffet is asking each addressee to forward this email to a minimum of twenty
people on their address list; in turn ask each of those to do
likewise.

In three days, most people in The United States of America
will have the message. This is one idea that really should be
passed
around.

_*Congressional Reform Act of 2011*_

No Tenure / No Pension.

A Congressman/woman collects a salary while in
office and receives no
pay when they're out of office.

2. Congress
(past, present & future) participates in Social
Security.

All
funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the
Social Security
system immediately. All future funds flow into
the Social Security system,
and Congress participates with the
American people. It may not be used for
any other purpose.

3. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan,
just as all
Americans do.

4. Congress will no longer vote themselves
a pay raise.
Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or
3%.

5. Congress loses their current health care system
and
participates in the same health care system as the American
people.

6. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on
the
American people.

7. All contracts with past and present
Congressmen/women are void
effective 06/1/12. The American people did not
make this
contract with Congressmen/women.

Congressmen/women made
all these contracts for themselves. Serving in
Congress is an honor, not a
career. The Founding Fathers
envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should
serve their
term(s), then go home and back to work.

If each person
contacts a minimum of twenty people then it will
only take three days for
most people (in the U.S. ) to receive
the message. Don't you think it's
time?

THIS IS HOW YOU FIX CONGRESS!

If you agree with the above,
pass it on. If not, just delete.
You are one of my 20+ - Please keep it
going, and thanks.

Personally I like these ideas as they hold congress persons to the same standards and requirements as the American people as well as limiting their pay increases etc., but what I find interesting is that, at least in my opinion, one of the biggest problems in congress today, is not listed in the proposed changes, lobbyists. Remove the ability of companies putting congress people in their pockets and forcing their hands in the law making process and I may be willing to jump on board 100%. What do you think?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

I think it doesn't go far enough. It should also include the President and Court Judges. What makes any of them so special to live off the taxpayers tit. While the taxpayers are getting their pensions and benefits attacked and stolen.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

I am right there with you on those points. All members of Government should be held to the same standards and begin working for the people once more. The Government should be by and for the people, therefore, not only held to the same standards, but lower than the people in importance instead of the other way around like it is today.
edit on 21-1-2012 by Agarta because: spelling errors

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

If there was only one change that could be made, I believe that removing ALL corporate funding from the political process altogether would be the most important to start with. So I agree, the lack of inclusion of lobbyists and corporate sponsorship of the entire political process seems to be a major oversight. Without it, how much change can we really expect?

edit on 1/21/2012 by Open2Truth because: reply tag missing

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I'm indifferent to the first six provisions in the plan; maybe they'll help, maybe they won't, I'm not sure they'd make a huge difference either way. I suppose one effect would be to make it harder for people without a fair amount of money to serve, but again, i can't get too wound up one way or the other.

But provision 7

All contracts with past and present Congressmen/women are void effective 06/1/12. The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen/women.
Nope, can't do this one. Buffett should know that if you make a deal, you stick to it (or maybe he doesn't). But the reasoning is terrible. You might as well say, the American people didn't make a contract with Boeing for aircraft, or any other government contract. That's not the way it's done and he knows it. The government can make contracts and should keep them.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
www.snopes.com...

It's fake. One of those urban legend chain mail things.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
It's missing language to introduce consequences for those that cannot uphold our constitution and seek to destroy it while limiting the inherent freedom of all men. It should call for the removal of all lobbyist and proxy influence from major corporations with the weight of high treason behind violating the oath of office and trust of the people to represent them.

It is also missing language to end the revolving door of Washington. Men simply pass from high office in powerful corporations straight into the seat of constitutional power or they assume the role of lobbyist which is nothing more than the PC language for bribery and treason. After they make the laws for themselves these men simply reap the rewards and have been piloting this nation to subversion and slavery.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Sounds GREAT, Warren . . .

are your elite cohorts going to tolerate such from you?

or do you have a wish to check-out of this life early?

Or are you throwing that out to help foment more discord, angst, hostility, social conflict?

I don't see such ideas having a chance in blazes to be implemented any time soon without some contrary escape hatches or some such.

It sounds like a milk-sop to the serfs and slaves . . . maybe to distract us from other more immediate and more deadly . . . events, plans, stuff.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

It's fake. One of those urban legend chain mail things.

Ahhhhhhhh . . . that explains it.

It didn't seem quite rational for a super elitist to be so contrary to their nature, strategies etc.

Sigh.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

Nice find. I thought it looked a little simplified coming from a rich aristocratic businessman of 85 years. I know he has had some good ideas in the past and on some level for the people, but it just did not sit right coming from him which is one of the reasons I posted it. Thanks for bringing that link in.
edit on 21-1-2012 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Who cares where it comes from?
This is the viral type of thing that the internet is perfectly suited for...also
Missing in the provisions are laws against any and all insider trading by any govt official on penalty of death.
We need but to copy and paste and flood washing ton with such revisions to current laws...en masses!
maybe they will get the message, maybe not, but at least we will have the wieght of public demands behind the next moves.....

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

this from a man who will make hundreds of millions from the closer of the Keystone pipeline, his fright companys to ship oil, in his tankers via railroad. and no one complains, Obama gives the 1% the business dollars, and tells you the 99% to go after them, its class warfare, his State of the Union was a rehash of a 2008 speech, this is a bone for you so no one looks at buffets first 100 million from Canadian oil.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Open2Truth

The White House is run by the corparations that run the media in this country, rumor has it they control the occupy movements, control crime, control a nation, it the laws in place, that will allow the DOJ to step in, as reported, from a other Obama supporter soon the rocks and fire bombs will start, remember the death of OBL, controlled groups of young people came out of the wood works to cheer, since when ???????

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
But wouldnt it take an act of congress to do all this? lol. Thats like asking the king to give a royal sentence against himself. Sorry to be a downer but anarchy is the only moral government. Dont believe me? Then enjoy living under a government where congress is allowed insider trading and transcends law (except Rand Paul lol they cant even keep the government exceptionalism consistent)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

In case you just landed, Most of the people in congress, earned 250,000 dollars, net worth maybe 2 million, now with the report of insider TRADING, some are worth 100 million dollars or more, the DOJ has been asked to stop any actions or investergating these Senators, including the lady who claims to have dirt on someone. yes insider trading

top topics

join