It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not Another Nibiru Thread! Oh No!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
This is really NOT a Nibiru thread, It's more of a "What is that?" thread. I decided to place it in "Skunk Works" because something smells funny in this Video, that I found last night.

For the purpose of this post, I'm only interested what happens from the 1:40 point of the vid. It's claimed that this was taken from the Antarctic cam, ok, and that it's Nibiru. I don't think so

For those who can't or don't want to watch the vid, I took some screen shots for the crucial points of my argument and confusion.

The sun doesn't move across the sky, the Earth's rotation, at like 17,000 miles per minute, creates the illusion of the Zodiac spinning around us. But it's the Earth rotation that causes the appearance of the sun and moon rising from east to west, with the zodiac in the background.

So, how could a heavenly body, ie: star, moon, planet X, move across our sky in a west to east direction?

Here, it appears that they have past each other, and swapped places.

This thing has to be really hauling sass to appear to moving contrary to the Earth''s rotation. So my question is, "What is it?" Could an asteroid display such contrary physics? Could a satellite, in a geocentric stationary orbit display this effect? It seems to me it must be close, because, if it was, say, on the other side of our sun, it would move with the zodiac. Wouldn't it?

edit on 21-1-2012 by windword because: ocd

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
The video shows the sun and a lens flare trading places in frames, im not sure what your getting at here.

lol

link   
reply to post by windword

Lens flare fully explains it.

Just lens flare IMHO.

a true second sun or planet that visible would be visible all around the world. No one is seeing it (except in videos with lens flare).

link   
I don't know what it could be but I'm gonna say Venus just so I can be the first one to.
2nd line
3rd line
edit on 21-1-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
That's interesting. I personally don't know whether to believe there's a second star or not. It's not the video that has me wondering but the Hopi Indian's Kachina stories and Egyptian mythology. Two peoples a world apart and their stories match hand-in-glove.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spock Shock
The video shows the sun and a lens flare trading places in frames, im not sure what your getting at here.

lol

I didn't think a about a lens flare, I guess I got caught up in the illusion! I didn't consider that a lens flare would move in concert with the sun, but it makes more sense than a celestial object moving contrary to Earth's rotation.

I'm not trying to get "at" anything, but an answer to what would behave this way. Lens flare works!

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I have seen the original video and it is a bit dated.
There are two more as the time approaches , the first from new Zealand and a more dramatic one from Hawaii.

The latest:Nibiru Planet X New Rising Sun Jan 10 2012 update.

I don't spend a lot of time talking, but if anyone here is awake, this is now the time to get a bit more serious about events prophesied for a few thousand years. Make of this what you will as it will NOT go away.
Peace!

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ionsoul

It'd be great if you could link that/those.

I'd like to compare them.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Well, obviously it's lens flare, and many of the Antarctic images have been mis-used on YouTube for a long time, to claim a "Nibiru".

But, speaking of "Highly Speculative":

...the Earth's rotation, at like 17,000 miles per minute....

What??

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird

Well, obviously it's lens flare, and many of the Antarctic images have been mis-used on YouTube for a long time, to claim a "Nibiru".

But, speaking of "Highly Speculative":

...the Earth's rotation, at like 17,000 miles per minute....

What??

HAHA! Yeah, just threw that out. I didn't want to look it up. Isn't the speed of rotation the same as exit velocity? I was remebering 17 something......

Obviously, no rocket scientist here! Lens flare never crossed my mind when I posted, so yeah, I was drawn in by the misuse/hype for a second. Good thing I got ATS!

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

To answer.......the velocity at the Earth's equator, due to the planet's rotation, is roughly 1,000 MPH.

Escape velocity (Earth) is somewhere above 25,000 MPH.

new topics

top topics

join