It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With the character with which we are born,with that character we die..and we never change.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

If you take a little time each night to think about what good you did
This days is very hard to define good,in a world of hatred,though many people do good they are rewarded with bad.

You are right. Society has broken down the distance between what is right and wrong, but harming yourself or someone else is wrong and you can't deny it if you are being honest with yourself. If I expected to get rewarded for doing good in this life I would surely be disappointed.

I just saw this video that shows we really can turn ourselves around and dig our way out of a hole.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

so to look at things as "we only have the character we were born with" means that everyone falls into this same matrix of NON-free will
It's not about non free will,but more about something that defines our lives as a 'ego' something we cannot change though we would like to.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I just saw this video that shows we really can turn ourselves around and dig our way out of a hole.
Thank you for the video,but those are rare cases and are related to the power we have to pull us from the clutches of evil.Very rare cases.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

You are right. Society has broken down the distance between what is right and wrong, but harming yourself or someone else is wrong and you can't deny it if you are being honest with yourself.
That is the society who is building through characters,but in reality the predisposition to antisocial acts it's something that is seed in us and evolving with the age and and the seeking of the trigger as a consequence of the character with which we were born.

edit on 21-1-2012 by diamondsmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

Sidenote concerning Astrology
Could astrology give the definition of the character of a person?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alyssa
I have minor brain damage so I know first hand how change feels. Most of the time I must act fake just so ppl think I'm normal. Most of the time I feel like I don't exist because my mind is always cloudy. I guess I feel more like a collection of thoughts rather than that old being I use to be before my brain damage.

It's really like a half alive/dead feeling that makes you feel neither happy or sad. You exist simply to exist and enjoy shallow pleasures cause you can't connect deeply into anything. In the end I can't say my life sucks because I just feel like fragments instead of a human being with a life.

I am sorry to hear of your predicament.

But never look down on yourself, or feel inferior in anyway to anyone. As long as you breathe and love, you are one of us - the human race, that leaves none behind. You are my equal and equal to everyone else as well.

If you had done well, you will be praised. But if you had done wrong, then you will be equally critized, but if let others know of your condition, you will be able to have a bit of leeway and more 2nd chances.

No human capable of love can simply just 'exist'. Watch a sunset, and marvel at a butterfly, which only has a short life time and yet is of so much beauty as it flys from flower to flower. Find simple things and it will give you happiness in life, rather than to dream unacheivable dreams which will only depress you or make you lose faith in yourself.

We need not be some screen or political idol, but with the small things we common masses do, uplifting our own lives and others, will we find meaning in life. Be happy always, for you have a choice and is within yourself to find it, step by step.

Good luck! :-)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
There is a saying that integrity is easier kept than regained ...I am not sure what you may mean by character ..my 2 cents ..peace

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

You can say I am the same character I was at birth, and you can say i am nothing like the character I was at birth.

Both would be true, and the same is true of everybody else.

Character is a word to define what you are to others. A persons character is most times a reflection of the mass perspectives of other people. And you see it all the time, even in politics you get the phrase "character assassination"
As if most of them had any real character to assassinate.

Character is an illusion and for some it is a form of peacocking really it is just another word for your image behind your main image. You never know just how you look trough other peoples eyes. Or more precisely most people don't know how they look trough other peoples eyes, and so characters are required...So that way we don't get confused or deviate from the script to much.

If you are a character then this is a play, and your playing a part, and your part is called your character.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Love and wisdom or lack there of defines our character.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

I am not sure what you may mean by character .
Our ego is given by character.Maybe some of us change during of our lives,but not in a very significant way.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

Character is an illusion and for some it is a form of peacocking really it is just another word for your image behind your main image
Character is the fingerprint of our entire life,the way we act from when we are born until the last day on this planet.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Character is an illusion and for some it is a form of peacocking really it is just another word for your image behind your main image
Character is the fingerprint of our entire life,the way we act from when we are born until the last day on this planet.

Oh I think what your trying to say goes deeper then character if anything a persons character is but a small part of something else. But yes if you know there fingerprints you can see a lot of things about people or just about anybody else, or even anything else.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   

But yes if you know there fingerprints
A I say before a human being is a Universe with many patterns to follow in order to define as an entity,but you can get the definition even from small characteristics that you see in the first place.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

OK I have to ask then ... are you saying the character is the outward manifestation of the ego ? and if so what would be the sprite of the person? ...peace

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

I dont agree with th OP.
In fact i belive it to be blatantly false, simplistic and judgemental.
People change all the time.
Yes even their chracter can change.
This is rare, i admit, but it happens.
Our society promoted that we can know a person in 30 seconds.
This is not only wrong, but proof of extreme judgemental attitude.
People cannot be known in 30 seconds, if you believe that, you live in an infinite word of judgement.
Character is just a viewpoint, and as you develop it may very well change.
You may become wiser, or colder, or even detached, etc.
Character is nothing more then a snapshot of you at a point in time.
It is not eternal, but passing.
My 2 c.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by the2ofusr1

OK I have to ask then ... are you saying the character is the outward manifestation of the ego ? and if so what would be the sprite of the person? ...peace

"The character is the definition of the ego without self-consciousness"

diamondsmith

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by the2ofusr1

"The character is the definition of the ego without self-consciousness"

diamondsmith

So it really is no definition at all.
A definition cannot be a negative.
It cannot be what something is not.
Ponder that.
Enlightenment is the end of suffering.
At meast that makes sense.
It is broad, but not a negative.
Your definition makes no sense.
Just my 2 c.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

People change all the time. Yes even their chracter can change.
The character of a person never change,all that can change is the balance between good and evil in one way or another.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

Your definition makes no sense.
It's more then a definition is the essence,
add this,

self-con·scious

. Aware of oneself as an individual or of one's own being, actions, or thoughts
source(www.thefreedictionary.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

I respect your opinion, but i disagree.
Your defintion for character is so vague it could mean anything, but in fact has no meaning.
Anyway, at least you are open, and compasionate.
So thumps up for that!
:-)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join